Moonlight_Eevee

Carina Breeding Plans

Discourse here your Carina Breeding Plans! I'm going to pair these guys with Hellhorses to make an extra firey lineage

I want to see the Males with Anagallis dragons. I'm also interested in seeing an azure glacewing pairing.

You're lazy. You beat me to this only because you didn't make any template mockups :P

carinafemale.png.9f2ac1b382eb2012960417fd9c3a8d6a.png and carinamale.png.796900744eef1e982b6f27114ce32e35.png

I know these cannot be CB, just imagine the numbers on top to say "- 5 -+- 4 -+- 6 -+- 2 -" instead :lol:

Some hybrid lineages I whipped up quickly, you can see them all HERE. Here are my faves:

fAZYG22.png 

Tans look very nice here.

P4Bn19z.png

And they also look pretty with azul Lunar Heralds. Many opportunities with all the color options on the parents!

I'm going to be breeding these in a spiral with blue fire gems, I already have a mate picked out for my girl and everything! <3

0jmxj9F.png

20 minutes ago, HeDy said:

[snip]

Tans look very nice here.

[snip]

Yes! o3o The Tan Checker does look exceptionally good!

I'm also planning a PB deadline. I could do a deadline with these and silver tinsels too.

1 hour ago, andromedae said:

I want to see the Males with Anagallis dragons. I'm also interested in seeing an azure glacewing pairing.

Ask and you shall receive! Here's the Anagallis one; I can do the other Nebula/Ridgewing pairings, but I thought these ones were the best for those dragons. I'll get an Azure one made up if someone doesn't do it first. XD

iA76qjD.pngvHmxAtV.png

I really like the combo of red nebula with tan ridgewing female. [url=https://dragcave.net/lineage/LmzsK]Like here.[/url]

I just have no idea what to use as a third parent in a checker, since PB is not my jam.

(I've been gone for ages so I forgot what dragons would look good haha).

5 minutes ago, andromedae said:

@Metal-n-Monster Absolutely gorgeous to see - thank you!

I also tried Azure Glacewings. At first I tried Blue Nebulas, but they looked too... clashy? I can mock-up others though, including that one, if you want.

5vFhGZ5.png

I'm thinking of doing a checker with bleeding moons. I think female hellfires would look really good too. Maybe serragamma wyverns?

30 minutes ago, Mnkn10 said:

I'm thinking of doing a checker with bleeding moons. I think female hellfires would look really good too. Maybe serragamma wyverns?

Bleeding Moons and Sergammas I had a hard time coming up with something that I thought was good. Maybe I'll try again later, haha. o.o

Female Hellfires (Can do other base combos):

l7qzyZk.png

My first thought was Frostbite, but I think Falconiform might look even better. I guess I'll have to breed some Nebula x Falconiform / Nebula x Frostbite 2nd gens as mates. *adds to already huge breeding list*

I love the lineage with tan ridgewings that HeDy posted. That looks fantastic! I always struggle with lineages with hybrids because I love perfect checkers so much. Some of these look really good, though.

Okay, time for one that Predator might enjoy (lol):

image.png.e72b36adc52c4ca529b78b7d11e36734.png

Please, if I win a CB Prize one of these days, LET IT BE A SILVER TINSEL...

image.png.988dad514e56eafc4389c85d1382e74d.png

I'm not usually a fan of bright orange, but how so male Carinas look with Mageias?

Hellhorses:

qF7VrRX.png 3PKpWD1.png

I really love them with female Hellhorses. The color schemes are similar, but the poses are different enough to make it interesting!

edit. Here is something I whipped up with Mageias!

fMr2Lyo.png

Edited by HeDy

Love the tan ridge combo, but I'm biased :P Hellhorse females are pretty nice too, wish these guys had been around when i was struggling to cook up a hellhorse project a while back!

Would anyone be kind enough to do a mock up male Carina x female Falcon?

6 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

[snip]

Would anyone be kind enough to do a mock up male Carina x female Falcon?

I tried:

9pBgDKW.pngiC8Pbfq.pngT8Mslmw.pngVk4SvPR.png

We will have to find out their Elemental Affinity and what kind of Avatar they make first. Nebulas are Light, thus Creation, and Ridgewings are Air, thus Change. But I did a mock-up with both variants (was too lazy to make more combos, but you get the idea). I like Creation best. *shrugs* But then again, "looks" don't matter when it comes to EA.

9Gs3RW8.pngcDUnCul.png

Edited by Metal-n-Monster

44 minutes ago, Metal-n-Monster said:

We will have to find out their Elemental Affinity and what kind of Avatar they make first.

Since Avatars still have the chance to breed Avatar eggs of their *own* type OR the mate's type, finding out the mate's affinity would be nice, but is not a requirement for checker mockups. :) Sample (Hellhorse is destructive): https://dragcave.net/progeny/d9pUQ