TJ09

2017-08-30 - Forum Upgrade

Is it just me or does everything seem to be loading a little slowly since the upgrade? For example, clicking on the notifications bell takes a while to load and posting a post takes a while to go through. Is anyone else noticing this? It's only this forum that's lagging for me out of all the ones I'm on so I don't think it's exclusive to me, but I'm not sure.

And I'm having it all on the usual speed. Oh well, my Internet is slow since I moved to a new flat, so don't count in my case!:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, StormWizard212 said:

Is it just me or does everything seem to be loading a little slowly since the upgrade?

It was like that with the last upgrade, too. Apparently the forum software is doing some extra indexing or whatever which can be done while the forum is up and running, but it also slows it down while it's doing that work. I suppose tomorrow or so thing may be smooth again.

Yeah, it's been loading slowly for me as well. Hopefully the lag clears up soon.

It suddenly got a tad speedier - maybe something finished.

It's still being super laggy for me, but I hope if other people have noticed a change then it'll only be a matter of time before it speeds up on my end. Other than this, the new upgrade seems great. :)

It's been forever since I've last been on the forums (and the site dragon cave site itself) Have to say I love the new layout! It looks very nice and clean and appealing to look at. 

14 hours ago, FoxintheBox said:

Thanks for the updates :)  What/where are new fonts people talk about?

I think that might refer to a new default font on the forum after the upgrade, though I'm not 100% sure. There is actually a suggestion though to add a font formatting button in the post window. If this is something you're interested in, you can find it here

Since everyone's had time to check out the latest updates I'll go ahead and close this out. Please post any issues you see in the Help section. Thank you for the forum updates, TJ.