Moonlight_Eevee

ANSWERED:Ideas to Balance Out Sino Genders

So, instead of having Sinomorphs randomly gendering, why don't we have pop ups to choose the gender? That way, you have a successful summon with the gender you want. I know it's a pain to catch/breed all six colours of the Zyus and get nothing but females. People have quit because of how long the process is and we need solutions on how to deal with this

Edited by Dalek Raptor

Seriously? People have quit over this? :rolleyes:

I mean, Sinos are nothing compared to how long it took to even summon a single GoN way back when. Some people had to summon for years (plural!) to get even one. Now, we're getting a Sino at the first try - and people complain about getting the wrong gender?

Truth to be told, I'm not really against this suggestion, I just don't think it's that important to have.

Well, it's not that. It's the fact that you have to raise Zyus everytime for the successful summon. People have raised a set of ten and got nothing but females. 

As for the Trios, you can summon all the time you want with just simply one set (granted more groups have more successful summon rates.

Edited by Dalek Raptor

I've had all 3 GoNs for awhile, and as such I often have trouble remembering just how frustrating it was, and how long it took, to get them all. I wouldn't be surprised if other long-time members had forgotten as well. Instead of a limit of 3 and a low chance of success, we are given no limits and guaranteed success. In exchange we also lose the ability to determine gender.

So, personally, I see Sinomorphs as a way to bring back a GoN-like challenge for older members. Now, with that said --

It's absolutely already a challenge to gather Sinomorphs. Collecting 6 of an uncommon breed over and over again isn't much fun, especially if you aren't a fan of the breed in the first place. Being forced to collect 6 over and over again in order to meet your scroll goals is a bit ridiculous. There are people who've collected 8+ Sinomorphs of a single gender -- that's 42 Zyumorphs! For anyone willing to put that much time into collecting Sinos, that seems unreasonably punishing.

It's impossible to maintain the GoN-like difficulty while taking away the ability to choose gender -- the lack of a choice is what gives it that difficulty in the first place. With GoNs, you are not technically forced to collect more than 3 Trios in order to summon all of your allotted GoNs. With Sinos, there is no telling how many Zyus you'll need before you can get a Sino of each gender. So I think some sort of compromise is needed, for sure.

I'm not sure if a pop-up would be the best way to allow members to choose a Sino''s gender, but if that's the only available option, I'll take it.

I must say that I am one of those who support this idea. For me this is not similar as summoning GoNs at all. I summoned first GoN relatively easy, other after another year of trying, and I have the possibility to choose gender. And never complained since I knew - sooner or later will get it. And was always excited what the turn would be after summoning :D 

But summoning Sinos... it all started quite well: female, female, male - I crossed my fingers to get another male. Result? 7/8 females:( in row. I have gender-balanced scroll (I checked) I tried to summon with male zyu, name it. So, of course I could stop, of course I didn't have to catch all zyus but I could breed them (and I did) - but still: it is time and scroll consuming. So I don't want to sound like spoiled child: "I want it all and I want it now!" nor that I am complaining of  gender (relatively easily get Sino)  but I really would highly appreciate any chance to at least slightly have impact on wanted gender. And to be honest, although zyus are interesting to me, I would get max 4 set of them if they weren't for SInos. Now I have full scrolls of them with known result. I know that some things are challenge and I just love challenges but still. Not particularly happy with result. Probably somewhere out in DC world there is somebody who got all males  just that we don't have possibility to exchange our stubborns. :P  So I am not saying that I want the "solution" that we 100% get wanted gender or  demand to be done but if there is possibility to improve the game - why not?

Seems to me that pop-up would be something that is not too difficult to make (I don't know first thing of programming but I assume it, since we have them for confirming any BSA) and it would be user-friendly. win:win situation. Or that  sino would be gender related with zyu that is used to summon or... 

Relating it to the gender of the Zyus used would make most sense to me (or just to the gender of the Zyu the BSA was used from), rather than a popup, as that seems to intrusive.

Other than that, I'm totally for this idea. I'd love to make some Sino/GoN lineages, and being able to somehow determine the gender of the sino would make that loads easier.

I'd support ANYTHING that would get me a male....

2 hours ago, olympe said:

Seriously? People have quit over this? :rolleyes:

That may refer to me. I said I had quit summoning them. With EIGHT females, I can't be bothered any more.

Edited by fuzzbucket

While I am not opposed to some way of allowing you to influence Sinomorph gender, I don't think it's something that is needed, per se, and I definitely am opposed to being able to outright choose the gender with a popup. If it were to happen, I think it should be based on the genders of the Zyumorph set used for the Summoning as was mentioned in the earlier Help thread.

Something to be able to choose Sinos' genders is truly needed. I got 4 females and then received first male... If the genders don't even out I hate that i will need to kill all extra female Sinos and breed IDK how many Zyus just to kill those too after :(

Would be nice if the Zyus gender influenced the summoned Sino - that doesn't work yet though - I used female and male Zyus to summon and only got bombarded with female Sinos ****

I take Pie's point that it isn't NEEDED as such - but it would be nice. NOT an absolute choice though - if Pie had wanted that, that would be what had happened. We don't have the right to TELL creators what to do. And I speak as one with 8 females and no males :(

Definitely not a pop-up. Most people absolutely loath pop-ups in general, and being able to click "I want a female!" just seems too... Unrealistic when we are talking about summoning a magical being. I definitely support gender being influenced by the gender of the Zyus used, though, that makes complete sense.

Also loads of us block pop-ups. I know I do :)

I think it should be based on the genders of the Zyumorph set used for the Summoning as was mentioned in the earlier Help thread.

Personally I like this idea.

Yeah, I'm not so much for an explicit "Choose male or female" option...

Having it affected by the genders of the Zyumorphs sounds good to me. The greater your ratio of males or females, the greater your chance of getting male or female. That'd be a cool element to it.

Much as I would like to balance out my numbers (10 F to 6 M), I could only justify it by having the results based on gender of zyus doing the summoning..I just don't see going against spriter wishes.

I highly doubt anyone has quit over Sinos, it's too silly and frankly, those people would be the ones who argue in Walmart parking lots over parking spots. That's how silly it is. But do correct me if I'm wrong.

I definitely dislike that Sino genders are just random. I think it's a good idea to have it based off of Zyu genders who are doing the summoning. A pop up is a rather strange way of doing it.

Has anyone tried to release or kill(and wait the 2 weeks to the tombstone to disappear) a Sinomorph to check if they can summon again without new zyu set? Just to make sure?

I happened to get my Sinos the opposite genders of the initiating Zyu, at first I was sure that was the mechanic, but sadly it wasn't, I had extreme luck

Edited by VixenDra

Yes, i believe back when they were first released someone released one to test. You can only summon once per Zyu set.

8 hours ago, VixenDra said:

Has anyone tried to release or kill(and wait the 2 weeks to the tombstone to disappear) a Sinomorph to check if they can summon again without new zyu set? Just to make sure?

I happened to get my Sinos the opposite genders of the initiating Zyu, at first I was sure that was the mechanic, but sadly it wasn't, I had extreme luck

7 hours ago, Guillotine said:

Yes, i believe back when they were first released someone released one to test. You can only summon once per Zyu set.

And that person was me =3 I got both males and I wanted to see if they were going to be like the GoN mechanics. Sadly, they are not. 

20 hours ago, Dew said:

It's absolutely already a challenge to gather Sinomorphs. Collecting 6 of an uncommon breed over and over again isn't much fun, especially if you aren't a fan of the breed in the first place. Being forced to collect 6 over and over again in order to meet your scroll goals is a bit ridiculous. There are people who've collected 8+ Sinomorphs of a single gender -- that's 42 Zyumorphs! For anyone willing to put that much time into collecting Sinos, that seems unreasonably punishing.

I think this is very true.

I agree with the ideas about gender being influenced by the majority gender of the Zyumorphs used to summon the Sinomorph. That sounds like a good compromise to me. I can imagine it would be very frustrating to get all one gender given how long it takes to raise enough dragons to summon.

I am one with 8 girls. I gave up getting CBs a while ago - I BREED to get more Zyus. But even so - I just cannot be bothered to go through that again when I BET I would just get another female.

I have 12 Sino's myself. Six males and six females, and every one was summoned by a Zyu of the opposite gender. This was my own experiment with my last Sino summoned just last week as I am still trying to see if this is true, and it appears to be for me anyway. I just keep breeding my Zyu's to get more Sino's. It's kind of fun to summon the Sino's!

Sorry Fuzz, about all your females, there has to be some male Sino's in your future! I don't believe that pop-ups are the answer though. 

My experience tells me that perhaps the Zyu leading the Summon may be leading the gender choice as well ;)

That's really interesting to know. Has anyone got any evidence that the above isn't actually the case all the time? I'm not sure which dragon I used to summon my Sino and it's not showing in my action log so I can't check myself. Interesting theory. I wonder if it's the case. 

5 hours ago, StormWizard212 said:

That's really interesting to know. Has anyone got any evidence that the above isn't actually the case all the time? I'm not sure which dragon I used to summon my Sino and it's not showing in my action log so I can't check myself. Interesting theory. I wonder if it's the case. 

Others have posted that their results were different. 

Also TJ's post in the closed help thread:

On 8/27/2017 at 8:47 PM, lulu_witch said:

I agree it has to be an adult that is summoned.... but like, it would be cool if there was some way to control the gender.. like full set of 6 female Zyumorph creates a guaranteed female Sinomorph and likewise with males.. then mixed sets have a varying chance of summoning either gender depending upon how many of each sex is in the group.

I had the same thought, and it doesn't seem entirely unreasonable. No guarantees it'll happen, though.

also suggests that it is random.  (but he has at least considered changing it)

Thanks for clearing that up, DragonLady. :) I'm definitely in favour of having some sort of influence on genders then! 

Looking for the post I made yesterday and not finding it here, I realised I accidentally posted it in the Help thread that was going rather than here. Whoops! Anyway, this was the idea that I meant to post in this thread:

I like the idea of it either:

1. being based on the majority gender of the Zyus used (though would the gender of the most recent six be better than oldest six, for the sake of less confusion?)

or 

2. the gender of the Zyu used to summon influencing the gender, but only to a certain degree like mentioned above (which would make it a bit like an egg influenced and wouldn't guarantee gender)