Zill_15

Affected by a BSA indicator

This may have been brought out before but it would be nice to have an indicator on who has and what is the BSA currently affecting a dragon.

Perhaps similar to the indicator on frozen hatchlings. It's kinda hard to keep count on such things especially when you have a lot going on.

Edited by Zill_15

I favor this suggestion. I accidentally forgot to influence something, but only because I was certain that I had. =/

I'm not opposed but wonder if things would be a little cluttered with multiple BSAs. I routinely influence and incubate so I doubt those indicators would do me a lot of good but would probably help others. However, Stun, Precog and Ward would likely be nice indicators for people. There's also Fertility for adults, though I wonder if that would be as useful an indicator.

Precog and Influence would definitely be useful. Stun, Ward, and Incubate don't seem too necessary to me, since you can see which eggs have already been affected by opening the menu for the BSA. Ward also has a string of text for the /view/ page, and Incubate and Stun visibly affect the timer.

@Dew The Influence menu also shows which eggs have already been Influenced, just not the gender. Precog is the only one that doesn't show at all.

@11th That's true, but the menu doesn't show whether the egg has been Influenced to be male or female, which is the important part.

The action log does though. As long as you can still see it on there you can check.

I very hesitantly support this suggestion... I totally agree that it would be very helpful, especially with Precog and Influence, since you can't easily see the specifics of those after you use the action. However, I do worry that the page would get crowded with multiple indicators.

Is it important to have easy access to the information, or important to have immediate access? Would showing this type of status on e.g. action or view pages be sufficient, where it is a single click away from the main scroll page?

Icons without labels are generally a bad way to signify information, so adding a bunch of them to scroll pages seems like a bad idea. It's not entirely unworkable, but it's important to know what the constraints are before investing in that direction.

TJ, I think you could easily have a list on the view page (viewable only to the owner, like the code links are) that tells you which effects/actions are in place. I think in this case easy access to information is more important than immediate, otherwise you've got to be prepared to answer a lot of questions for newbies/returning members about "what does this symbol mean?" even if you have a legend somewhere. One click away is still relatively immediate information, anyway. :P

Text on the view page would be sufficient. Ideally, I'd also like to see the sex of an egg from the Precog/Influence menus.

A single line of owner-visible-only italic text at the bottom of the view page (like sickness text, but visible only to the owner) would be perfect, I think.

There's another question of whether that text should be visible to other users or not, so that traders can show influenced/precogged eggs/hatchies, but I think that unless a per-egg opt-in is feasible, leaving it owner-only would be better.

I think a view-page indicator would be just fine. One click away is much, much easier then clicking through the Action Log trying to find the log of when you did the action.

Easy access is fine for me as well. Having it on the view page would be great. I think it would be slightly less intuitive to look on the actions page.

Easy Access is fine. I'm a bit disheartened because I received a Stunned Hatchling in a trade. It's at 2 days and I thought it would immediately grow up. I don't even know when it was Stunned... :/

I think it should only be viewable by owners. If there's a trade thing, the owner can do a screenie.

But the extra click to action log isn't THAT arduous - then just run a "find" with the dragon's code...

4 hours ago, Metal-n-Monster said:

Easy Access is fine. I'm a bit disheartened because I received a Stunned Hatchling in a trade. It's at 2 days and I thought it would immediately grow up. I don't even know when it was Stunned... :/

It should have grow up. If Stun's view blocking effects aren't being removed after being teleported, there might be a bug somewhere. The only thing from Stun that doesn't wear off is the extra day so that Stunned hatchlings with under one day left won't die after being transferred.

I THINK you need that one kickstarting view for it finally to grow up ? I thought, also, that the view blocking DID hold up after teleport ?

The effects of this BSA wear off if the hatchling is abandoned but not when it is traded.

While unable to receive views, a hatchling cannot reach adulthood.

Edited by fuzzbucket

I was for certain it didn't wear off... It eventually grew up, but now I am confused. Oh, boy.