TJ09

2017-08-28 - August Dragon Release

1 hour ago, velvet-curse said:

Absolutely 100% agree with this. A new release every 3 months would be better I think but if they have to stay at one every month I would much prefer one cave born and one hybrid. Too many new releases makes it too stressful to try to keep up. 

You're all forgetting about one extremelly important thing: it's the regular updates that makes games like this go on or even grow in years. Rare updates (in DC's case, releases) = loose of interest = game dying down through loosing loads of players. What may be more comfortable and a relief to a few of you, can be a disaster for DC. While more hybrids among the relased content shouldn't do any harm, rarer releases will - nearly for sure.

Not sure how about others but between Halloween and March I tent to forget about DC exactly for the less frequent updates.

For a very logn time already DC had pretty regular and predictable release times (last weekend of the month, even the latest Sunday-Monday is still close enough to try and check. I was 99,99% sure of this release to happen that night if it didn't happen during the weekend days + specials such as DC birthday and holidays)  for nearly all new things (and, I'm glad, very few exceptions happended in that time). I never understood how it's possible that so many people are still getting surprised with those new releases that occured according to the expected dates or barely a day off... Ofc it's another story when the expected time gets shifted or when a release is out of that unofficial schedule, but those that follow the pattern are easy to predict and prepare for and the number of the surprised people appears strangely high. (And this comes from a forgetful person who often doesn't know what day of the week it is)

These releases are all permanent, one can possibly catch up later if one can't be here for a blind hunt barely once a month... The least harmful change to releases would be extending the exclusive flood time to exactly 24h so no matter your timezone and work hours you can have the same chances as those who happen to have free time at the initial hours of the releases, just except the competition changes. Also there are some nice people who volunteer to help those who have trouble catching the new eggs...

Anyway, DC NEEDS frequent updates(releases) or it'll die...

Edited by VixenDra

D'awww, well aren't you a cute widdle sweetie pie. ....I spent most of the morning playing with kittens, forgive me if it rubs off on new baby dragons. ^_^; This little one is adorable and I cannot wait to see what it's next stage looks like.

I like to keep new releases a surprise until they hatch/grow up on my scroll, so if TJ's eggs have hatched I don't know what the babies look like, but the hybrid eggs look SOOO pretty, I can't wait to see how they turn out!

I got one! And two of the new cave babies. Each to gender separately.

I'm in support of monthly updates, I agree it keeps the game going.

Edited by kyleedj

Beatiful eggs... I'm hyped for Nebula hybrids... <3

Edited by natli

I'm shocked at all these hybrid fails! I bred four hybrids with no failures. I guess Fertility works for once. I can't seem to get a hybrid from a Purple though. Just Ridgie and Neb.

I'm usually not a fan of hybrids, but the "elusive" hatchies already look great. I'm so glad that I was able to trade for a few.

6 hours ago, Amethyria said:

New eggs! I really love the blue ones! So exitied how they will look like when they grow up! :)

But I think a new release of several new breeds every month is a little bit too often. The game becomes very full and even the common ones became not that easy to get when you try to catch a specific breed from the cave. I really loved this time with a lot of releases but I'd like it better for next year when the releases would be only every few months.^^

That used to be how it was, and many people hated it. THis is the better option. Especially since there won't be a major release in December and February, and in most years there's nothing released in November and January, too. So that's 4 months with just two Holidays. It starts to really draaaaaaag.... 

But yep, I love mixed releases! Hybrids and alts make it a lot easier to get all the dragons. And when there's a pygmy, drake, or 2-head it also is less hectic because those aren't quite as popular. 

Cheers!

C4. 

Cool!  New Dragon breeds! 

So far, I love the constellation eggs, but I haven't made up my mind with the smooth and shiny egg yet.

Shame my nebula and ridgewings aren't intended for breeding.

I wonder if the elusive hatchlings will come in different colors like their parents? We have two variants of Ridgewing, and four variants of Nebula. It would be really neat if they exhibited those colors.

Edited by Newmani

On one hand: Many releases one after another gets overwhelming and it feels like I'll never catch up and get everything I need for my own personal Scroll Goals.

On the other: Barely any releases with little to no site updates and I get bored and drop Dragon Cave for like 3 months.

Conclusion: I can't win!

Both of the eggs are awesome, the nightly constellation egg is the most beautiful egg I've seen! And they've hatched already too, I know all of these new babies are going to look great. :wub: I'm glad I had one of my favorite pairings ready to breed too: a purple Nebula x female Ridgewing.

15 minutes ago, Newmani said:

I wonder if the elusive hatchlings will come in different colors like their parents? We have two variants of Ridgewing, and four variants of Nebula. It would be really neat if they exhibited those colors.

That'd be CRAZY ... I love it

Just now, MoonTiger said:

Wait so one of them is a hybrid?

Ridgewing x Nebula hybrid to be exact. Color and gender doesn't seem to matter much.

That's what it looks like to me! And I think the head is just tilted back, though if it is meant to look decapitated that could work with a certain book...

I wasn't sure about doing a Nebula lineage. Now I now what I'll do ^^ 

Both eggs are cure, and the hatchis seem... interesting :) Caan't wait to see them hatch!