TJ09

2017-08-28 - August Dragon Release

Whew, I'm glad I was (half) prepared for a release with two free egg slots and two abandon-able eggs. 

Thanks for the release TJ and spriters!  :)

It took a while, but I got four Z codes (two from the Alpine and two from the Desert). Yay! ^^

The hybrids will have to wait a little longer...

New eggs! They're gorgeous. =)

What's up with Volcano and Forest not having any eggs? Since the new ones are in Alpine and Desert...

Managed to instantly catch 4 of the new eggies in the cave; AND NO refusals between my CB neb (purple and blue) and my ridgewings (purple), and all bred hybrids. I'm assuming the tan and the red and green would be more aesthetically pleasing, so I'll do another round of 4 with them. :) 

Ah, the first cracks... Can't wait to see the hatchies, especially the hybrid ones.

I tried various combinations of Nebula x Ridgewing, my 4 attempts worked ! x x x x

I bet they'll look beautiful!

Edited by Lawlieth

4 hours ago, Amethyria said:

But I think a new release of several new breeds every month is a little bit too often. The game becomes very full and even the common ones became not that easy to get when you try to catch a specific breed from the cave. I really loved this time with a lot of releases but I'd like it better for next year when the releases would be only every few months.^^

I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I do agree with you.

I find new eggs every month very hard going and the novelty & excitement of a new dragon begins to wane :( Having said that, when the release is like this one: only one new dragon to have to hunt for and one hybrid, it's a lot easier and more pleasurable and importantly far less stressful. If we are going to continue (as I imagine we are) having new dragons every month then I would far prefer to see them like this release has been: two new dragons maximum.

Nonetheless I am looking forward to seeing the new hatchlings and in due course the new adults - and of course breeding the hybrids :)

I'm really happy with how beautiful the new eggs look, and also happy about the steady monthly releases. So much excitement! :D

1 minute ago, Nakeisha said:

I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I do agree with you.

I find new eggs every month very hard going and the novelty & excitement of a new dragon begins to wane :( Having said that, when the release is like this one: only one new dragon to have to hunt for and one hybrid, it's a lot easier and more pleasurable and importantly far less stressful. If we are going to continue (as I imagine we are) having new dragons every month then I would far prefer to see them like this release has been: two new dragons maximum.

Nonetheless I am looking forward to seeing the new hatchlings and in due course the new adults - and of course breeding the hybrids :)

Absolutely 100% agree with this. A new release every 3 months would be better I think but if they have to stay at one every month I would much prefer one cave born and one hybrid. Too many new releases makes it too stressful to try to keep up. 

you thought you'd fool us doing it on a monday! you were wrong! excited for nebula hybrids!!!

Hah!

I hadn't bred anything for a week!

but OMG

THOSE EGGS ARE GORGEOUS

both of them are too pretty!

I cannot wait to see adults!

I was expecting a release this weekend, but had just about given up hope. Sneaky TJ! Anyway I only had 3 eggs on my scroll and two of them were ER hatchable. So I have 5 new eggs, 2 of the new hybrid, and one egg that I just bred yesterday that I refuse to abandon. The ones in the cave were incredibly easy to catch. I hope they stay that way for a few more days because I need at least 3 more of them.

Thanks to TJ and the spriters for this release. The eggs are gorgeous and I can't wait to see what hatches from them! Good luck to all who are still hunting. I am happily scroll locked.

These are really awesome & the hybrid egg is especially pretty! :D I'm not too find of weekday releases, but at least I'm home at time when they're still relatively easy to get. As some others have posted in the thread, I wish we could have more of these low key drops with just TWO dragons. I'm painfully behind in my scroll goals thanks to the Power ranger dragons. XD That said, I do look forward to new dragons, my thanks to TJ & the spriters for them, & I wish we could go back to the old days when we had scheduled drops instead of random ones. I'm breeding for scroll goals & I can't even begin to imagine what those doing lineage projects must be feeling. XD Anyways... Thank you again for the pretty dragon eggs!! I'm looking forward to seeing what they hatch into!! :D

*see's holes appearing in the new eggs and peeks inside* "Helloooo~? Cute little star babies...you can come out now."

4 hours ago, dragongirl02 said:

Had a feeling it was going to be sometime this week, though I still think it’s kinda of weird to do it on a weekday where people have work/school. Though for me Monday works okay for because I’m behind site time and a bit of a night owl.  For now, I got the 4 I wanted (2 of each new bread) my Nebulas where very corporative.

For a lot of people it was actually Sunday night at 9pm or midnight. He used to do it at a scheduled time every week but people fussed that it wasn't fair so since then he's been trying to change it up.

You know, I'm kind of surprised the hybrids only have (presumably) two adult sprites. Considering the variety of Nebula colors and the fact that ridgewings have Alts, I would've expected more varieties.

10 hours ago, alex638 said:

Can't find the elusive ones yet :/

You can't find them exactly ;P Highlight the text below!

You have to breed them to get them :)

2 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

You know, I'm kind of surprised the hybrids only have (presumably) two adult sprites. Considering the variety of Nebula colors and the fact that ridgewings have Alts, I would've expected more varieties.

I think that would be a nightmare, especially since we have no way to control the colours of the alts.

Maybe variety comes later, like with the Nebbies

I can't wait to see hatchlings!

9 minutes ago, kerrikins said:

For a lot of people it was actually Sunday night at 9pm or midnight. He used to do it at a scheduled time every week but people fussed that it wasn't fair so since then he's been trying to change it up.

While I appreciate that he's changing it up, I really can't stay up late anymore. I stayed up Saturday night for the release and my biggest disappointment was no release and I had work Sunday. I wish it could be more midday for new releases, but a release is a release and I won't continue to complain about it! 

Thank you TJ and spriters for the release