TJ09

2017-08-28 - August Dragon Release

Carinae are growing on me, I'm getting used to them and they're pretty. Very flashy and look good on my scroll now mine have grown. But I'm glad they'll get some tweaks as well. Personally the fire on the back of their necks is the most distracting/confusing part of the sprite.

Thanks to Infinis, PieMaster and Playdoh, and TJ09  of course, for a good release.  Almost have all the Khusas and will work on Carinae next. (When I figure out exactly how I want to do it, of course)

Edited by ainisarie

One of my Khusa Dragons grew up while I was asleep ^.^

I expected this thread to be closed by the time I woke up this morning, since we are getting adults now, but I get one more post in, yay! I now have six new-release adults, three Khusas and three Carinas. Carinae. Whatever. I'm trying to stock up on Khusas while they are still fairly common in the biomes, so those are the only Carinae I have so far.

Thank you PieMaster and Playdoh for taking our concerns and criticism rather positively. No - I did not expect for the Sprite to be changed in any way by expressing my own personal concerns/opinion. But the fact you guys took our critiques in, and valued them enough to choose and update the Dragons takes a lot, and I give you kudos. Many artists feel attacked and resentful when met with Criticism, even if it's more of an actual helpful critique and not "What a godawful piece of work, ew". But I give you both major kudos for being so positive about the critiques, and wanting to improve the Sprites and your work overall.

Not going to lie. Some kinda hurt like "dissapointend" and "we've had worse" but we'd rather have a sprite with as little flaw as possible and a crit is simply a helpful suggestion. We hope you guys will like the edits

I don't think the crits were meant to hurt. In general, the DC community can be very emotional (for better or worse) when expressing an opinion, but it's just the way it is. Some people will like dragons, others won't, and many (not all) lack the tact to critique without implying a negative emotion, but the way I see it, it's hardly personal. It doesn't justify it, of course. I love the beautiful sprites every artist makes on this site, sure, not all are suited to my liking but every effort and style are genuinely appreciated. I hope you talented spriters don't feel down in the future because of harsh-sounding opinions, continue doing what you do and keep DC going. Despite the backlash that happens pretty much every release, I think true appreciation for the artists' works usually prevails over the negative.

I really like the adults and I can't wait to see which changes Pie and Playdoh will make on their sprite, I really like the dragon and I am sure they will make it even better.:)

40 minutes ago, Playdoh said:

Not going to lie. Some kinda hurt like "dissapointend" and "we've had worse" but we'd rather have a sprite with as little flaw as possible and a crit is simply a helpful suggestion. We hope you guys will like the edits

It's to your credit that you are able to rise above such criticism.  I'm sure the revised sprites will be lovely.  I do think some people are not able to differentiate between critique and criticism.  And there are a few people who find something wrong with every single sprite released.  Those, you just have to ignore or try to sift the negativity from genuine critique.

Thank goodness I checked in right after vacation (missed the release by 3 days). The feathered ones are quite easy to get at the moment, so I have 8 of those and 5 hybrids, since those can be bred any time…

Thanks to the spriters!

Yeah, the feathered guys are still surprisingly easy to get, caught three more within the last two hours. Keeping one slot open now for any good AP-finds, now that I have a handful of both of the new breeds.

I don't sugarcoat my words. In my mind, cold hard truth is better than a pretty lie.

But with that said, I've kinda warmed up to the male Carina, I like the colors in his wings. The flames still feel unnecessary, though. Eagerly waiting for the sprite update.

Khusas... not a fan. Maybe a little too much on the goofy side.