TJ09

2017-08-28 - August Dragon Release

The downy hatchlings look like little dodos to me. Super cute, very excited to see how they turn out.

Have people started guessing at names yet? The hybrids are between Canopies and Carmines, while the Alpine/Desert eggs fall between Imperial Fleshcrownes and Kingcrownes.

I personally don't like the bird-esque Hatchling. But I won't prejudge the final outcome. There's Adult Dragons that I disliked but loved the Hatchlings - and vice versa - so we will see.

I'm going to guess they're Canned Potato dragons and Is This The Real Life dragons, based on their alphabet placements.

OMG YAY! New dragons! And my birthday is coming up! Maybe I can snag some of these on my birthday too!

Edit: Can anyone tell me the egg description for the starry dragons? I can't seem to figure out what I should be looking for.

Also, nvm, I'm seeing that they seem ot be hybrids. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Edited by SyrusAllen

20 minutes ago, SyrusAllen said:

Also, nvm, I'm seeing that they seem ot be hybrids. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Yes. Try breeding nebula and ridgewing dragons.

Just now, Jazeki said:

Yes. Try breeding nebula and ridgewing dragons.

Thanks so much for the info! Since I only have a few CB ridgewings, I think I'll wait to breed these on my birthday. I appreciate the info so much. ;3

Out of curiosity who else has tried using the tan ridgewings to make the hybrid? *Happy to have a hybrid from two breeds I love this month* the release also happened on my father's birthday lol.

1 minute ago, Asketil said:

Out of curiosity who else has tried using the tan ridgewings to make the hybrid? *Happy to have a hybrid from two breeds I love this month* the release also happened on my father's birthday lol.

Two of mine are from tan parents. :3 

1 minute ago, Asketil said:

I bred 3 of my Purple Ridgewings to Blue Nebbies, & when I ran out of CBs, I bred a Tan Ridgewing to a Red Nebbie.

13 minutes ago, Asketil said:

I did, it worked fine.

Edited by Empererpenguin

Hoping to nab a purple x tan hybrid, but I don't have the tan on hand :/

"Aww... It’s a cute baby dragon. It’s covered in a very thin layer of down."

Like....birds? So, birds of prey, possibly? I mean, first thing that came to mind for me when I saw it was "owlet".

Liking the spritework for these babs, tentatively looking forward to the adults.

Edited by SheridanCharon

I'm glad that two out of my four nebulaXridgewing pairs gave me some eggies! Interestingly, it was my two female ridgewings and male nebulas that were successful. The male ridgewing and female nebula pairings tried but no egg was produced.

Edited by Cecona

I preferred the smooth egg to the constellation egg, and I prefer the smooth hatchling so far too.

I hope the constellation one has a lot of colour variants to suit their parents but it looks unlikely.

1 minute ago, Mangrit said:

I preferred the smooth egg to the constellation egg, and I prefer the smooth hatchling so far too.

I hope the constellation one has a lot of colour variants to suit their parents but it looks unlikely.

There are four of them, it's a possibility

If the S2's have dimorphism and the adults have dimorphism, TJ always has 4 eggs, so I conclude that the hybrid will have dimorphic S2's and adults.

Either they're dimorphic, or they are not dimorphic but have alts. The Nebula color alts don't appear until s2 hatchies, so that's a possibility -- but I am hoping that it's just dimorphism. Alts can be such a pain, especially when you need to wait so long to find out what you got.

Considering both parents have alts it's a high possibility these babies have alts as well. Perhaps they will be like the nebulas and the colors are gender specific. That's kind of what I'm hoping for

2 minutes ago, Dew said:

Either they're dimorphic, or they are not dimorphic but have alts. The Nebula color alts don't appear until s2 hatchies, so that's a possibility -- but I am hoping that it's just dimorphism. Alts can be such a pain, especially when you need to wait so long to find out what you got.

Well yes, that is actually a possibility.. I hope it's not Alts though! Hard enough getting the right colour Neb you want XD

I'm used to TJ having multiple eggs for each sprite, but you're right, they could be 4 different colours like nebulas. I hope we get some tan looking ones somehow but I don't see how it would go with the space theme. 

If there were more than two color forms for the hybrids wouldn't TJ have more eggs since he normally freezes the s2's also?

Just now, Asketil said:

If there were more than two color forms for the hybrids wouldn't TJ have more eggs since he normally freezes the s2's also?

This is correct: if he has 4 eggs, we should only be seeing 2 different adult sprites.

1 hour ago, Asketil said:

All my hybrids come from tan ridgewings (combined with blue and green nebulae), I prefer their colour to the regular purple-blue variant.

But I don't think tan offspring will look any different.

Edited by walkinslow

15 minutes ago, Dew said:

This is correct: if he has 4 eggs, we should only be seeing 2 different adult sprites.

There's the low chance that there will be multiple adult morphs and no S2 dimorphism, but it is much more likely to be as you described.