Moonlight_Eevee

Why Do Zyumorphs Summon Adults?

I'd rather be summoning a GoN for 3+ years than these Sinos who throw females at me - no egg and hatchies is really disappointing and doesn't let us appreciate the lovely stages of growth.  

Also RIP collection goals of frozen hatchies/eggs(in future)--_-

ˇI got 4 females in a row - then 1 male and a female again and last 2 male Sinos with the last batch of Zyus right before the release - took me a long while since the original release.
OFC I care about everyone who is affected with uneven genders and sympathize with all who have even worse case of genders than I had before 3 weeks.
At least my scroll seems to matter if my opinions don't as it seems.

Edited by FoxintheBox

Throw females at you ? You have several males. Spare a thought for those of us with 8 females and NO males. Sorry - my sympathy for you is - non-existent !

4 minutes ago, ThermoDanone said:

I'm going to summon my first and all this talk makes my scared

Well, your first shouldn't really be a problem. ;) It's the one or two or three or four after that!

Edited by purplehaze

4 hours ago, FoxintheBox said:

no egg and hatchies is really disappointing and doesn't let us appreciate the lovely stages of growth.  

Also RIP collection goals of frozen hatchies/eggs(in future)--_-

this is my frustrations and sorrows already, DC turns more and more goals-unfriendly

If you can't bring yourself to collect a dragon if you can't freeze its hatchling - don't collect it.  I don't think we should be restricting the imagination of our wonderful creators by saying everything they do has to match our individual scroll  goals. (Mine include 2 CBs of all holidays. Won't ever happen. That is not a reason for me to stop playing...)

My first thought when I saw that Sinos were adults was that finishing goals would be easier, since there were no hatchlings to collect. It's important to keep player goals in mind, but they shouldn't be a reason to prevent new features and ideas from being used.

On 8/27/2017 at 9:13 PM, Dew said:

How would that work with someone who summons while they own more than 6 viable Sinos?

Just use the genders of whatever the oldest 6 available to summon are. 

Might be easier to manage to just use the gender of the Zyu whose Summon link you used.

36 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Just use the genders of whatever the oldest 6 available to summon are. 

How can you choose ? You only get to click summon on one of them... And if we are to do anything like that, we need to be able to pick the ones we want... Ruby is closer - but that might be TOO easy...

21 minutes ago, fuzzbucket said:

How can you choose ? You only get to click summon on one of them... And if we are to do anything like that, we need to be able to pick the ones we want... Ruby is closer - but that might be TOO easy...

We don't choose, the site automatically selects the oldest among the other available 5.

Which gives us no more reliable an option than we have now. You'd have to dig up all your zyus, check sex, check whether you've already used them, and then check their dates, before you dare to waste yet another summon...

On 27-08-2017 at 9:18 PM, fuzzbucket said:

You should worry. i actually HAVE got 8 females in a row and have given up.

But it's because it's a MIRACLE thing. It's the mechanic and we have to live with it.

i got 5 males in a row, then 1 female, and now another male :'c i won't give up yet... i'll OCD over this until i get a more even numer.

1 hour ago, fuzzbucket said:

Which gives us no more reliable an option than we have now. You'd have to dig up all your zyus, check sex, check whether you've already used them, and then check their dates, before you dare to waste yet another summon...

It'd only really be random after it first switches. You'd burn through those you'd already collected, yes, but going forward, you'd know to get mostly male or female Zyus. Plus, I think most people who have full sets have probably summoned already, so it'd likely be quicker than you think! ...And either way, it's better than what we already have :P

Though, Ruby Eye's suggestion is even better. :3 If people don't want it to be 100% guaranteed maybe it could just be strongly leaned (75%, 80%?)

I like the idea of it either:

1. being based on the majority gender of the Zyus used (though would the gender of the most recent six be better than oldest six, for the sake of less confusion?)

or 

2. the gender of the Zyu used to summon influencing the gender, but only to a certain degree like mentioned above (which would make it a bit like an egg influenced and wouldn't guarantee gender)

Closing this thread, as this has turned into more of a discussion/suggestion than a question being answered. The Help section is for answering questions and resolving bugs, NOT for discussing an intended game mechanic, or suggesting changes to that mechanic.

There is a suggestion thread here for discussing changes to Sinomorph gendering: https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/180277-ideas-to-balance-out-sino-genders/