Moonlight_Eevee

Why Do Zyumorphs Summon Adults?

I'm sorry if this is asked before, but why do Zyus summon just straight up adults instead of summoning eggs? It would have been better if they did instead of getting 10 females in a row before finally getting a male (not me but for other people). It's frustrating you can't control the gender and it's a 50/50 chance of getting the preferred gender. 

Not to mention it's a pain of having to hatch and raise these stubborn dragons and if you get he wrong gender, you'd either have to breed it or catch it in the coast and do it all over again.

Edited by Dalek Raptor

You should worry. i actually HAVE got 8 females in a row and have given up.

But it's because it's a MIRACLE thing. It's the mechanic and we have to live with it.

This is the reason i wanted some way to change adult dragons' genders. That would be a miracle I would be happy to see happen, unlike this one.

I know it's the current mechanic, but I'm just saying if trios can summon eggs why can't Zyus?

I think it's likely that summoning adults was a compromise to balance GoN egg summoning: instead of having a very low chance to get an egg, you have a guaranteed chance of getting an adult and just have to hope the gender is right.

That would be my guess as to "why". I'm personally indifferent on the mechanic itself.

There is a GREAT CALAMITY upon this world.

The six individual zyumorphs aren't powerful enough to stop it, but they can call upon a DIVINE ENTITY to restore balance!

The sextet of zyumorphs come together, and gathering all their strength, they summon...

An egg!

It will save the world.

Once it hatches and grows up. Yes.

^ We need an adult. (Several adults. Can't leave us children unsupervised.)

Edited by TehUltimateMage

12 minutes ago, Dirtytabs said:

The six individual zyumorphs aren't powerful enough to stop it, but they can call upon a DIVINE ENTITY to restore balance!

The sextet of zyumorphs come together, and gathering all their strength, they summon...

An egg!

It will save the world.

😂😂😂 Now that's a fair point! But the question now is, how do we get a preferred gender instead of getting 10 females in a row 

I agree it has to be an adult that is summoned.... but like, it would be cool if there was some way to control the gender.. like full set of 6 female Zyumorph creates a guaranteed female Sinomorph and likewise with males.. then mixed sets have a varying chance of summoning either gender depending upon how many of each sex is in the group.

26 minutes ago, lulu_witch said:

I agree it has to be an adult that is summoned.... but like, it would be cool if there was some way to control the gender.. like full set of 6 female Zyumorph creates a guaranteed female Sinomorph and likewise with males.. then mixed sets have a varying chance of summoning either gender depending upon how many of each sex is in the group.

How would that work with someone who summons while they own more than 6 viable Sinos?

@Dew Yes that is a fair point and something I hadn't considered. I always summoned as soon as I finished a set. Maybe have some way of selecting the Zyu's used? hmm.. well alternately.. what about if the Sino followed the gender of the Zyu that was used to summon.. Male Zyu = Male Sino and Female Zyu = Female Sino.. Only way that you could do it really without changing a lot of the mechanics.

47 minutes ago, Dirtytabs said:

An egg!

It will save the world.

This is my favorite response!

33 minutes ago, lulu_witch said:

That's what I was just thinking. The more zyumorphs of a certain gender you use during the summon, the greater the chance of getting that Sinommorph.

I might start trying again if there was SOME way to affect the outcome... but wit 8 ladies, right now I just can't be bothered. I really don't WANT any more Zyus on my scroll.

Zyumorphs don't create a Sinormorph, they call upon one which already exists, essentially awakening a dormant force in times of peril. For that reason, it is an adult when Summoned.

From a gameplay perspective, I personally believe that the inability to trade or influence Sinomorphs is a pretty fair trade off for a lack of limits and a guarantee of a successful Summon. Yes, it's frustrating, but it can't be any worse than trying to Summon a Guardian of Nature or successfully create an Undead or Neglected Dragon.

It can't? At least for GoNs, you don't have to get fresh trios each time ...

I think that's a trade-off though... GoNs are (usually) very very difficult to summon, I know multiple people who summoned for more then a year before a successful summon. So to have a guaranteed Sino summon, *something* has to be made difficult.

Something, sure. Problem is, TWO things were made difficult in that trade. Collecting dragons for summoning (6, not just 3) AND the gender thing.

I used a female Zyu to summon and got a male. Used a male to summon and got a female. Coincidence? Those are the only two I summoned so I don't know if it holds up. Anybody know for sure? 

On 8/27/2017 at 5:47 PM, lulu_witch said:

I had the same thought, and it doesn't seem entirely unreasonable. No guarantees it'll happen, though.

Could the gender of the Zyumorph be used to help determine the Sinomorph's gender? Like, say if I used the Summon command of a female Zyu, I'd have a much greater chance of summoning a female Sino? That way if you have more than six Zyus it won't mess up your ratios too much?

34 minutes ago, Fortune86 said:

Could the gender of the Zyumorph be used to help determine the Sinomorph's gender? Like, say if I used the Summon command of a female Zyu, I'd have a much greater chance of summoning a female Sino? That way if you have more than six Zyus it won't mess up your ratios too much?

I agree with you, I made that suggestion a little bit up the thread in response to Dew who pointed out 'What if you have more than one full set of 6?' 'How could you ensure the right dragons were used for the summoning so you could have some control over the genders?'. For example, if you have 12 Zyumorphs on your scroll 6 male 6 female, how do would you be able to ensure that a set of 6 of the same gender were chosen to ensure a 100% chance rate of creating that same gender. So yes, unless there was a way to select the 6 having the Sinomorph follow the gender of the Zyumorph that was used to summon would be a much simpler way of influencing the gender. 

1 hour ago, TJ09 said:

I had the same thought, and it doesn't seem entirely unreasonable. No guarantees it'll happen, though.

Thank you for replying to me, I appreciate you taking the time. I'm so glad to know as I'm sure many others will be that this is something you have at least considered and acknowledged. It may be that ultimately no changes are made but I think the fact you have recognised that people aren't 100% happy of the way it works right now will make a lot of people feel better.

I love the concept for this, I love the guaranteed summon, it's a cool and novel idea. However, by nature of the game we are collectors, we have personal scroll goals and collecting so many sets of 6 only to summon all of one gender or the other is highly frustrating. It takes time, and often seems to lead to disappointment for many leaving them feeling less than enthusiastic about the whole process.

7 minutes ago, lulu_witch said:

I agree with you, I made that suggestion a little bit up the thread.

Which I completely missed. Ooooops. D:

What if we had a pop up asking which gender we want? 

9 minutes ago, Dalek Raptor said:

What if we had a pop up asking which gender we want? 

This might be something to start a thread about in the Suggestions forum,  if you have ideas about new features and whatnot. :)