sara4cows

Filter option for breed action

I would like to see a filter option added to the breed action so that when you bring up the list of available mates you can filter by code, name and or breed.  This would save sorting through a few hundred available mates to find the one you are looking for. 

Can you give a more detailed reason for why this is needed?

I'm not seeing a need for this myself, because once you've bred a pair together successfully, the dragons will always be found at the top of the breeding page.. and if the pair rejected each other, they would be at the very bottom of the page with the notation 'rejected'.

If the pair has never been tried before, you already have the ability to search by name or code by using the Edit > Find function of your browser. I can't think of a way to search by breed, but if you have the name/code why would you need to search by breed anyway?

I can definitely see a need for this. I often breed "new" pairings that have never been bred together before, so I have to search for the mate, and sometimes it does take awhile. If I have a specific dragon in mind I can search using the Edit-Find, yes, but often it's just "I'd like to breed this Vine with a Mint" or somesuch. It's very time consuming to scroll through thousands of available dragons to find each Mint to see if I want to breed with that Mint. Also, although not specifically mentioned in the OP, I think it would make a *lot* of sense to be able to filter by group when breeding. One of the huge uses of groups is to separate potential lineages, dragons I might want to try breeding together, etc.

I'm not OP but I think it sounds useful. As someone who plays on mobile and doesn't have a handy scroll bar, has over 4000 dragons, doesn't often name them, and doesn't have set partners due to breeding with new pairings on whim, it's already tedious physically scrolling halfway down, then some more up, then a little bit back down trying to find the right breed group.

One issue I see is that the filter like the fertility one has doesn't let you actually click on the dragon to check its lineage or somesuch, although group filtering, though not as precise, does sound helpful.

On 8/25/2017 at 0:19 AM, Cinnamin Draconna said:

Can you give a more detailed reason for why this is needed?

I'm not seeing a need for this myself, because once you've bred a pair together successfully, the dragons will always be found at the top of the breeding page.. and if the pair rejected each other, they would be at the very bottom of the page with the notation 'rejected'.

If the pair has never been tried before, you already have the ability to search by name or code by using the Edit > Find function of your browser. I can't think of a way to search by breed, but if you have the name/code why would you need to search by breed anyway?

I am not someone who talks in details, so am really unable to find the words to say more than I did and have it make sense. I'm sorry.  You did provide some help with the "edit>find function as it is something that I did not know existed, thank you.  I do still feel it would be much simpler with the filter option and the ability to search by breed, name or code.

I also think that Marie19R and Shadowdrake were better able to explain the purpose for it than I can. Thanks to both of you.