Dekka

ability to add all cb's or bred dragons to a group

i looked for this topic and didn't see anything similar so i thought why not give it a shot !  i was thinking perhaps similar to how you have the option to add all dragons of a lineage to a group, maybe something could be implemented so as to make grouping all of one's caveborn or bred dragons into a group.  for example i tried to sort all of my cb dragons into a group individually and it took a very long time and i know i still have missed some, so why not create a button to add all cb or bred dragons to a group ?  i feel like this would make breeding mistakes and such less common.  Also, maybe when  breeding, while looking for the mate of a dragon you could select from a group instead of the list of all dragons.

I definitely agree with this suggestion. It would be nice to see all of my CBs in one area. I have been curious as to how many I have, and of what.

After going through my many thousand dragons and adding them one by one to my CB group, I can say that this feature would have saved me a hell of a lot of time. I'd love something like this! I think it would be super useful for people in the future. 

For now, we have to use EATW's scroll stats as a reference, it shows the exact number of adults CBs on your scroll. Sadly it still takes some time to sort these, so I'd like to support an easier solution.

This seems like something that may be more useful as one of the "quick filters" on your scroll. Or is the intent that it's also important to be able to share this "CB-only" group with people?

My main concern with this as a "add-to-group" preset is the "cardinality." You can pretty much only have one "CB dragons" group, but for "lineage" or "breed" you can have many different ones.

I wonder if it'd be useful to add more "tags" you can search for to the dragon selector (e.g. "CB" or "Bred" so things like "CB" or "CB black dragon" would work, then you can just multi-select).

It seems like adding some type of "tag" so that searching for CB (or CaveBred, or whatever) filters appropriately in the selector would be an easy way to implement this suggestion.

I very much would like like OP's last sentence, a way to filter by group on the breeding page instead of having literally thousands of options there.

10 minutes ago, Marie19R said:

I very much would like like OP's last sentence, a way to filter by group on the breeding page instead of having literally thousands of options there.

There's a thread for that somewhere, but I'm very much undecided because there are some interesting constraints there that people have brought up which I don't yet have a response to.

We are starting to discuss slightly different points from that in the OP, but I agree having a way to filter CB/non-CB would be useful.

For the group system, you could always use the tagging system like in Pokemon, or in real life wildlife monitoring. This is where you have 5 markers, and you set certain ones. For instance, I would apply the "triangle" marker to some dragons I want to keep together. Then the "square" marker to another selection. Once you get to the end you can mix and match multiple markers, for instance "triangle + square", or all markers at once. And then have the ability to search/filter appropriately based on those markers.

A tag would be good. It would also be nice if there was a standard way of seeing if a dragon is CB or not just when browsing your scroll or when breeding your dragons. Maybe a small dot beside CB dragon's names. 

I would love this feature so, so much. Sorting through every single dragon of every single breed takes way too long as it is. 

I'd love to have this option, I'm currently trying to somehow sort my dragons into a CB-only group and it's pretty challenging. While I have a lot of named dragons with prefixes that mark their CB status, this is not the case for all my dragons and with a huge scroll like mine (I have a little over 8000 dragons) it's very slow going. So, having this oprion would be neat. Also, having an option to sort dragons by generation (2nd, 3rd gent etc.) would be pretty sweet too, I believe it would come in handy for helping displaying lineages of various generations.

On 15. 9. 2017 at 10:03 PM, High Lord November said:

A tag would be good. It would also be nice if there was a standard way of seeing if a dragon is CB or not just when browsing your scroll or when breeding your dragons. Maybe a small dot beside CB dragon's names. 

Yes, also this please. :wub:

Another idea could be to italicize their names if they are CB. 

A little bit off-topic, but it would also be nice if there were a search/filter function on the breeding page.

On 9/6/2017 at 5:31 PM, TJ09 said:

This seems like something that may be more useful as one of the "quick filters" on your scroll. Or is the intent that it's also important to be able to share this "CB-only" group with people?

My main concern with this as a "add-to-group" preset is the "cardinality." You can pretty much only have one "CB dragons" group, but for "lineage" or "breed" you can have many different ones.

I wonder if it'd be useful to add more "tags" you can search for to the dragon selector (e.g. "CB" or "Bred" so things like "CB" or "CB black dragon" would work, then you can just multi-select).

the filter idea does sound useful, i wasnt really thinking of sharing the groups but that would probably something other people would use.  i think the tags idea would work well, and would be useful for other sorting predicaments too, such as searching for breeds, holidays, etc.