cyradis4

ANSWERED:Sort groups in alphabetical order in Filter dropdown too

Noticed that TJ said that groups were now sorted in Alph order: 

https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/179333-answeredgroups-allow-changing-group-order/

So went to check my groups. Seems the alphabetical order is just on this page:

https://dragcave.net/group

As I normally access groups via the scroll front page dropdown.... that doesn't really do me much good. 

So, I'd like to suggest that the alphabetical order be expanded to also include the Filter dropdown. 

Cheers!
C4. 

Yes please.

The "Add to Group" dropdown on the view page and the page for adding one dragon to multiple groups (/group/add/[dragoncode]) are still sorted by creation time, too.

(I was going to contact a mod about re-opening this topic because the update was only applied to one of the three places, but I kept forgetting... :blush:)

Yes please! I never go to the actual "group" page either, I always add from the dragon's view page.

Honestly I was shocked to see this wasn't the case - I thought it was a bug that needed reporting tbh.

Yes! This is what I thought was meant in the update, and what I would find most useful. I rarely navigate through the Groups page.

I'd rather be able to sort these customly everywhere... in filter dropdown I'd rather have the most frequently used on top of the others, on the scroll page I'd rather have the main and representative groups on top, more representative on top of the others I choose to be visible.

@VixenDra that would be nicest, but I'd setting for the one I use most being Alphabetical. 

Though I am wondering why this was moved from Suggestions to Help.... Unless the mods think it was an accident this wasn't already done? 

Cheers!
C4. 

Looks like this was implemented. Thank you TJ!  :)

On 8/25/2017 at 8:03 AM, VixenDra said:

I'd rather be able to sort these customly everywhere... in filter dropdown I'd rather have the most frequently used on top of the others, on the scroll page I'd rather have the main and representative groups on top, more representative on top of the others I choose to be visible.

Same. The new auto alphabet sort is actually less useful to me, since I made my groups in the order I wanted them before. 

(Btw, what's that pygmy in your sig? Looks super cute!)