nomadicdesert

FairyTail RP, open and actively looking for people to join (Please join, we swear not to bite much)

The argument seemed to have settled down for the moment, something which Andromeda was grateful for, but for the life of her she couldn't figure out what had gone so wrong. She understood what the argument was about of course, but didn't know why they had been betting to begin with or why there was an argument over paying up. She hadn't actually agreed to a bet but would have paid up all the same just to keep things friendly. She had thought that Barty would have been of the same mind but apparently that wasn't the case. Now everyone was angry in one way or another and was heading off their own separate ways.

The only one who had stayed with Andromeda for the moment was Trish and while she seemed perfectly happy to go and do something fun, Andromeda's heart just wasn't in it anymore.

"This sucks Trish." Andromeda said unhappily as she sat down and looked out across the ocean. "I was all set to have a great day with everyone and then they all get angry and leave. I just wanted to have fun with my friends!  Instead I get yelled at by Miyuki and now everyone's gone."

Trish looked over at Andromeda when she sat down beside her and listened to everything that she said before also looking out over the ocean. “It does indeed suck. We can just go to the train station in order to get back to the guild if you don’t really feel like doing anything else right now,” she said in reply and offered what they could do instead of just sitting there on the beach.

Edited by SkySong278

"We can't just leave." Andromeda said sulkily as she looked around. "We have to go get Barty and Midori before we leave. They're a part of my team and you know what the guild says about staying with your team during a mission. Come on, lets go get Midori up and then we can find Barty. The beach doesn't sound like much fun anymore." Andromeda said as she stood and wandered over to where Midori lay beneath the palm tree. 

It only took a moment or two for Midori to wake up, and after explaining what had happened Midori nodded and yawned.

"Ok, I'll go wait by the train station while you and Trish go try and find Barty. I'll head him off if he tries to leave without you. Meet up in an hour?" Midori asked the two girls. 

"Sounds good, see you in a bit then." Andromeda said as she turned and headed off back towards the changing room.

While Andromeda was changing Midori gave a quick glance around, then leaned in towards Trish.

"Keep an eye on Andromeda for me while you're looking. She was in really bad shape after our last mission and I don't want her getting into any trouble that might push her over the limits again." Midori said quietly before nodding and walking off towards town.

Barty wiped his brow after finally returning to Taraq, he could hear the crowd still bustling around the bazaar.

He walked through it, glancing occasionally at the stalls, he felt a small grin grow on his lips at the site of the book salesman, a heavy bandage wrapped around his head. No one appeared to be attending his store.

However, he didn’t end up buying anything more, he’d gotten his spices and he didn’t have any wish to spend any more. Instead walking through the bazaar back to Shamals palace. The purpose of the trip was to calm himself down. He had forgotten Shamals open invitation to quiz his cooks on some uses for the spices he’d purchased, and Ankoku’s out of nowhere outburst had really irked Barty.

He wondered whether Miyuki had sorted it out.

However, as he walked up to the palace he saw several lines of tape splayed out over it’s surrounding area. Concerned Barty increased his pace, reaching the front of the mansion he found a small crowd curiously leaning forward, and several policemen keeping them at bay.

“Excuse me!? What’s going on here!?” Barty called out to an officer.

“It’s none of your concern sir, please move along,” The nearest officer replied, though the last part was directed towards the whole crowd.

Barty pushed forward, drawing the cop to move towards him.

Barty began talking before he could speak, “I stayed over here last night, for a job, our client was the owner here. I’m from a wizard guild, the owner gave us an open invitation to return,” Barty declared.

The guard stepped back, surprised at the sudden onslaught. He looked suspiciously at Barty, who hastily showed off his guild emblem and the job in question to the officer.

“Could you tell me what’s happened?” Barty asked.

The officer let out a heavy sigh and instructed Barty to follow, which he did, moving away from the crowd.

“A few hours ago, the owner of this mansion was found dead in his room by one of the staff,” Barty began to respond but the officer held up his hand and continued.

“From the staffs account nothing appears to have been stolen, so we believe it was just a homicide. From looking into his dealings, the owner was in with a lot of bad crowds. The perona family has always held considerable influence in the city, but the current head had dramatically increased his families’ wealth in recent times. In truth we had begun investigating,” The man finished, leading Barty up through the grounds and into the mansion. Barty was silent trying to process the news.

Barty noted several of the staff seated in the entrance room, some showing clear signs of distress. A few were in the process of being interviewed by the police.

“Now, I don’t believe you’re a suspect, but just in case please give me the details of you and any companions who were involved in your job so we can note them in the report,” The man said, taking a seat at the dining table they’d eaten at only earlier in the day.

Barty informed the man of Andy’s, Midori’s and his own identities as well as their wizard rankings and magic.

When he unveiled his own last name, he got a small chuckle from the officer, “Ha, two wealthy families who had to face the consequences of interacting with shady business”. Barty felt his ears burn in both embarrassment and irritation at the comment.

Fortunately, after explaining their powers the officer was convinced that they weren’t the suspects.

“Is… is it alright if I visit the room? My friends and I grew a fair bit of admiration for him while we were here… I don’t want him to have suffered,” Barty asked hesitantly.

The officer paused, appearing to mull it over. Before standing and leading Barty up to Shamal’s room.

There were several people working in the room, a chalk drawing laid on the ground, several dark smears of blood evident around the room.

Barty gagged and held his hand up to his mouth. It was quite evident that Shamal had suffered. After regaining his senses, he glanced back at the officer who was gazing steely eyed at the scene.

“So… nothing was taken? Not even the box we uncovered for our job?” Barty asked.

The officer turned quickly to Barty, surprise on his face.

“What box are you talking about?” He asked.

Barty was now also surprised and quickly explained the nature of the object they’d been sent to retrieve.

“Hey, go ask the staff where the box was taken,” The officer ordered, one of the lower ranked men ran off down the hall.

The three of them; Barty, the senior officer and the junior were soon led by one of the older staff members back up to Shamal’s room. Where a wall safe was opened, hidden behind Shamal’s bed.

Inside there was no box to be found.

“Well that gives the motive… thank you for informing us of this Bartolomeo. I’ll make sure to send message to your guild when we make any more headway,” The officer said.

Barty then soon found himself exiting the mansion, quickly becoming hounded by curious spectators, Barty made his way towards a small alleyway, an earth wall sealing it off behind him to keep the crowd from following him any further.

He looked up and realised that the sun was starting to set, he had spent a lot more time than he’d intended in the mansion. Shouldering his pack Barty raced off towards the station.

Jacques eyes slowly open as the train slowed to a stop. He stood up, stretched his arms, and yawned deeply. The light of day was slowly retreating and giving way to a sky of amber. A train station associate tipped his hat to Jacques as he stepped off the train and onto the platform. 

"Lovely day it has been, wouldn't you say?" Jacques said to the associate, a warm smile on his face.

"Yes, sir. A shame to see it go." The associate replied with a similar grin.

"Ahh, but the night can be just as beautiful my friend!" Jacques said with enthusiasm, placing 50 jewel into the mans hand.

"Eat out tonight." Jacques said waving his hand as he walked away.

"I sure will sir! Have a wonderful night, enjoy the town!" The associate said, waving.

Jacques had always liked the simple, working class. Doing what they can to get by, not extorting others or throwing them under the train for personal wealth.It almost made him wish for a simple life like that, but as they say..

"No rest for the wicked.." He finished under his breath.

The relaxed atmosphere of evening had settled among the townspeople. A few folks still sat in chairs on the side of the street, discussing current events and gossiping about local drama.

A young girl, about 16 years old beckoned him towards her. Interest piqued, he changed direction and began approaching her. Before they could exchange words, she disappeared into an alleyway. Jacques followed her, blissfully ignorant of the man stepping in front of the opening behind him. Two large men with swords emerged from doors in the alley, and a devilish grin grew across the girl's face.

"We could hear that bag of scratch jingling from a mile away. Hand it over and you'll get a quick beating. You can probably guess your other option." The biggest of the three men grunted.

"How about this," Jacques retorted, "I'll offer you the same ultimatum. I'm feeling generous today."

"Scrawny punk like you take on all three of us? You're a funny guy. Maybe i'll make your death quick." The large man responded, stepping towards Jacques.

In a flash, two inky tendrils shot out from under Jacques jacket and wrapped themselves around the man's face, muffling his screams. they slowly tightened until an audible cracking noise was heard, and the screams stopped. The lifeless body dropped to the ground, and Jacques smiled at the girl and her other companion. Behind him he heard the clang of a sword hitting the ground, and sprinting footsteps in the other direction. The man in front of him stumbled backwards and began to run, but Jacques was too quick for him. a tendril wrapped around his foot, lifted him into the air, and began slamming him mercilessly against the ground. Though he still sensed life in him, the man was unconscious and very crippled. Jacques lay him gently on the ground and took a step towards the girl.

She fell to her knees and began begging for her life. An inky tendril slowly reached out to her and lifted her chin so he could make eye contact with her. Tears streamed down her face.

As Jacques stepped towards her, she began shaking. He leaned over until he was about an inch from her face.

"Get a real job, kid. One day you might try and mug the wrong fella." He stated with a warm smile, patting her on the head and walking away as the tendrils retracted. 

Stunned, the girls arms dropped to her side and her mouth fell agape. 

Nothing seemed to have changed as Jacques emerged back into the main street.

"Could you direct me to the Sphinx' Paw guild hall?" He inquired to an old woman who appeared to be sweeping her porch.

"Well of course, young man. Down this street, take a right, then climb the big stairs." She replied.

"Thank you ma'am. Enjoy your evening." Jacques closed as he began to follow her directions.

Miyuki was glad they left when they did. The elk ride took longer than the train and it was when the first stars started to show as the blue turned rosey then deepened to an ink black that they had arrived back at the guild hall. To conserve energy, Miyuki made the elk disappear once the hall was in sight and her moody brother strode ahead of her slipping inside. 

Miyuki sighed. Ankoku was quiet the whole way back and she knew it wasn't motion sickness. He was giving her a taste of her own silent treatment. Shouldering her bag with her sewing inside and glancing around, she climbed the stairs, stopping as she spotted a familiar figure  behind her. "Nice evening isn't it Jacques?" She called. "Decided to come see the guild for yourself?" 

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

On 2/16/2018 at 1:44 AM, nomadicdesert said:

"We can't just leave." Andromeda said sulkily as she looked around. "We have to go get Barty and Midori before we leave. They're a part of my team and you know what the guild says about staying with your team during a mission. Come on, lets go get Midori up and then we can find Barty. The beach doesn't sound like much fun anymore." Andromeda said as she stood and wandered over to where Midori lay beneath the palm tree. 

It only took a moment or two for Midori to wake up, and after explaining what had happened Midori nodded and yawned.

"Ok, I'll go wait by the train station while you and Trish go try and find Barty. I'll head him off if he tries to leave without you. Meet up in an hour?" Midori asked the two girls. 

"Sounds good, see you in a bit then." Andromeda said as she turned and headed off back towards the changing room.

While Andromeda was changing Midori gave a quick glance around, then leaned in towards Trish.

"Keep an eye on Andromeda for me while you're looking. She was in really bad shape after our last mission and I don't want her getting into any trouble that might push her over the limits again." Midori said quietly before nodding and walking off towards town.

“Okay,” Trish said in reply before getting up and then walking over to Midori with Andy afterward. She then listened to everything Midori said and nodded her own agreement about meeting at the station in an hour before waiting for Andy to be ready. As she was waiting, she heard the rest of what their guild mate said and nodded in understanding before watching her go and then looked out at the ocean again.

Iced ink: be still my beating heart

Check it out! Made the picture finally! Does Jacques look o.k. peelzies? And the fairy tail theme song was playing on Pandora as I was posting this on my devi!  XD))

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

(( My apologies, busy busy busy. I don't have time to write out a response right now, but hopefully later tonight.))

"Indeed it is!" Jacques replied, pleasantly surprised to see such a lovely face again.

"So many intriguing characters, I figured it would be an adventure. Who knows, I may even settle my restless soul here. It's a pleasant place, if you ignore the muggings." He finished with his signature smirk.

Continuing up the stairs, he caught up to Miyuki and climbed the steps side-by-side.

It really was quite a lovely evening, the setting sun casting a warm amber glow over the quiet town (named...?), illuminating the the streets in a rather artistic fashion. 

A setting sun formed on the portion of Jacques' chest visible from his V-neck. A real smile grew across his face as he walked up the stairs next to Miyuki.

"So what's it like here? I've never been one to settle down, always taking wanderers contracts, fighting off desert manticores and the likes." Jacques stated, attempting to get his story consistent among the guild members.

((yes I’m doing fine. I just hope nomad’s doing okay. I also can’t do anything until they post as well))

((They haven't been on since February 23rd. I'm fine, I can't move forward in the my tiny sub plot without them really, I guess I could but I don't like to do that. Should I?))

(I can play Nathaniel and Sol. But are you asking to make a post with them or just play them reacting to the return of the siblings? I don't really want to continue the OG crew with nomad not here... it feels bad)

((Just play them with the siblings return))

"Quite rambunctious. Never a dull moment. Always has new furniture. Very loud. The dorms are expensive so I don't live here, I live in town but it's quite the experience. It's like... one massive horrible family reunion every day. " she pushed open the door heading inside and over to the bar where sol was. "Sol, this is Jacques." She introduced him to the bartender. 

Ankoku hid in a corner of the guild hall. As soon as his sister headed inside and to the bar she got settled in a chair speaking with sol and some who came in with her. He turned back to his brooding when the door opened again. This time, a ragged figure came limping in. Wrapped in a tattered coat and his head covered with a wide brim wicker hat he shuffled to the bar leaning against it. He waved sol over, removing his hat. "I'm looking for two people... can you help me ma'am?" He said, voice horse and rough. 

Sol had watched the siblings enter, accompanied by a man she had never seen. Her eyes, ever judging, pierced harshly into the newcomer assessing his appearance, strength and potential. She was second only to the guild-master at assessing others and it had become something of a habit for her, she was the primary contact when people visited the guild and had to be capable of judging one's character. She felt a sense of unease wash over her, the man exuded a sickening confidence and almost sinister aura. Yet it was also clouded behind a veil of charm not unlike Barty's own manner.

"Hello," She answered Miyuki's introduction, turning her gaze back to her fellow guildmate.

"It's good to have you back. How did your mission go?" She asked in a conversational manner, before returning her gaze back to Jacques.

"And what brings you to the guild?" She asked.

Shifting away from the two she turned to the newcomer who had come in just after the siblings.

"Usual procedure is to file a job through the system," Sol said cooly.

"If you have a job for some of our members, you need only specify on the flyer. So what brings you here directly?" She continued.

--------

At the back of the hall Nathaniel wheeled himself over to Ankoku, his eyes giving away the smile beneath his mask.

"Hello Ankoku, how was your mission? Did your sister give you a hard time?" He asked pleasantly.

"The guilds been as rowdy as ever, with your sister and Barty out of shop there's been no one short of Sol to reign them in... and she's too big a softy to pull the leads to hard," Nathaniel mused. Sol was anything but soft.

((How's that?))

Edited by Marcus Pheonix

((Great!))

"We didn't go on a mission, just to the beach. " Ankoku muttered. "Met Barty and Andy there. Got over zealous with a water fight and nearly destroyed the beach. Got chewed out, then had a sand castle contest. Barty gave sis lip when she told him to help clean the beach then disregarded her agreement to the contest terms. I don't get it. She's as strong as you, but master never choses her for S class trials. You're the only one who treats her like an equal. She's been hiding her true potential from everyone since dad left. She takes everyone's crud and disrespect. I just don't know how she can do that to herself.." He looked at Nathaniel like a hurt puppy. "Today's the day dad left us and she's more distant than ever. It was the first time in a while since I've seen her genuinely smile..."

"No mission, just the beach. I got sunburnt..." she said looking at her skin. "Koku healed me on the way here. I'm shocked Barty isn't back yet. If they took the train, they should be here by now. " She said before turning to Jacques pointing out Nathaniel. "That's Nathaniel, he and sol are S class wizards. My brother Ankoku is by him. He's a wind dragon slayer magic user. Second generation. He still has a ways to go to re-........" she stopped talking glancing behind her at the newcomer. 

--

"It isn't a job. I'm looking for two people personally I think might be here if my sources are correct. A male and female. The boy should be in his teens by now, dragon slayer magic user... the girl is an ice make magic user, white hair in her twenties I think.... they're my son and dau-" he jumped when a ice arrow sprang from the bar by his arm. 

"Get out!" Miyuki hissed. The bow disappeared with the arrow and two ice swords formed in her hands. The man, tall with black hair and red streaks, with violet gold eyes looked at the woman that stood before him. "My little snow-" "I said GET OUT!" She shouted over the guild members making heads turned as she rushed the man. He reacted quickly with an ice pike to block the swords. 

"Oh I hope she's not as strong as me," Nathaniel said.

"I just procured a new summon, which I hope has brought me a few steps closer to Sol's strength. No offense to your sister but if she has reached my level again so suddenly I'll be quite annoyed," Nathaniel said, with no sign of annoyance on his words.

"Enough" Sols voice said, breaking the ice (lol), quiet but able to pierce through the noise in hall with ease.

With a flick of her finger a small green fire shot out, colliding with both ice weapons and burning them to nothingness in an instant.

"Calm yourself, this man is a visitor to the guild and until you attacked bore no hostility. I will not have you sully our guilds name by attacking visitors so visciously" Sol said coldly to Miyuki.

She turned her attention to the man, curious as to whether his statement was indeed true.

"Give me your name and contact info, then leave. If your family wish to meet with you they shall approach you on their own terms... assuming you are who you say you are," Sol stated, stepping out from behind the bar.

"This is nothing to do with the guild!" Miyuki hissed at sol. "No need Madame." He said softly without taking his eyes from Miyuki. "I found my daughter, just need to find my-" "Dad?!" Ankoku said now distracted from his conversation with Nathaniel to his sister's sudden antics.  "You left us! You say son and I swear I'm going to drag you out myself! It's been years. YEARS! Since you walked out and never came back! I did everything you asked and even things you didn't know! I helped mom have Ankoku, I named him not her! I only said that so you wouldn't change it! You missed my birth, your son's birth, all our birthdays, I worked hard for mom who's legs were in constant agony every time she stood. She didn't want you to know she was sick. I looked after koku, hunted to put food on the table, made clothes for us, worked in town to get money because you were gone too long! "  she shook with anger summoning the swords again, and this time with three dogs flanking her and in front of her. 

"Let her work out her anger..." was all he was able to get out before she sprang on him again. She attacked with speed and grace, her father only having little time to block or dodge her blows, blue green ice meeting the opalesent ice she had. Sword to lance, wolf to cage, spear to ax, elk to bear until Miyuki landed a direct kick to the stomach and sent him flying across the hall. He was breathing heavily, she however was just starting to break a sweat. 

Ankoku ran forward. "Miyuki what are you doing? Stop t his, he's our dad!" He snarled yanking on her arm to make her stand down. "Not until he yields! He might be our sire, but I never really saw him as a father. I know those weren't guild trips he took! When we lived on the streets, I made sure you always had food, even if that meant I went without! But you!" She pointed to the man. "Akashi Al-worth, I found where you went! You did multiple jobs, ate like a king, rode first class home then whatever little bit was left was for us to use. I used to look up to you, you were the strongest wizard I know, but now... I want you to see what exactly I've become. How much stronger I am compared to you because of the things I did, and am not proud of, to keep my promise to mom before she died. 'Keep him safe, even if it means from your own blood. Keep your little brother safe Miyuki. Swear to me.' Her last words. You won't get him father. " she spat the word. "Not while I still breathe."

((I'm gonna give peelzies a chance to respond to all this, but I should let ya know. Sol is gonna explode soon. Possibly literally))