TJ09

2017-08-20 - Site Update

On 20/08/2017 at 7:20 AM, Protector_of_Dragons said:

Lose the Custom Sort?  Gaahh. That's my fav way to arrange things.  Sigh.

Same here. I really hope TJ reconsiders removing this. I know a few people who prefer it and they've been playing the game much longer than me so they'll be much disappointment if custom sort is removed :( 

There are three methods for custom sort: Grid: where the dragons are arranged in rows of small tiles and you select and drag one or more to move them; Table: where the dragons are arranged in one column and you select one and drag it to move it; Manual: where the dragons are arranged in one column with editable numbers in front and you manually change the numbers to move them. Only Table is going away. The other two methods will remain, and you can see that Grid and Manual fully cover any functionality offered by Table sort. I don't think it will be missed, honestly.

Edited by Fiona

"I don't think it will be missed, honestly." I think otherwise. Grid sort doesn't offer the view of dragons' gender and if someone wants to sort a big number of nameless dragons without dimorphism by gender, they have to put extra effort. Maybe let's either leave three sorting options as they are (removing the option is pointless imo and won't benefit us like, at all?) or add gender sign and possibly other data next to a dragon's code in Grid sort?

could this update possibly have reset raffle entry counts? >.> random question i know but i'm trying to figure out why my raffle thing still says 0/3 when i had 3 dragons that finished growing on the 19th

I'd saay

1 hour ago, FireMercury said:

could this update possibly have reset raffle entry counts? >.> random question i know but i'm trying to figure out why my raffle thing still says 0/3 when i had 3 dragons that finished growing on the 19th

I'd say,. probably not, and mine is fine (but strange things do happen.  Have you restarted computer, cleared cache etc etc?

12 minutes ago, ainisarie said:

I'd saay

I'd say,. probably not, and mine is fine (but strange things do happen.  Have you restarted computer, cleared cache etc etc?

i have :(

Now that we have changed sort options is there PLEASE a way that when we have eggs and unfrozen hatchiess on top, we have to reset that after every change we make to sort order (well, at least in grid sort...) Can't it please just hold up ?

Anyone notice the new Mistletoe sprites from this update?

YY3tgIg.png

Edited by Mangrit

I love the new mistletoe sprites. It was already one of my favs, and it got even better!

Oh wow, totally didn't notice the differences in the Mistletoes! I really like it.

10 hours ago, fuzzbucket said:

Now that we have changed sort options is there PLEASE a way that when we have eggs and unfrozen hatchiess on top, we have to reset that after every change we make to sort order (well, at least in grid sort...) Can't it please just hold up ?

I use Manual Custom Sort, but same goes with Grid and Table Custom Sort: after you save sorting, click on "Return to Sort Settings", check "Place Eggs and Unfrozen Hatchlings on top" and click on button "Save sort options". (The checkbox is unchecked every time you go to custom sort, do there some changes and save them.)

Wow, I like the new Mistletoes. I can't wait to catch some of them at Christmas.

I do do that. Every time.  As I said:

we have to reset that after every change we make to sort order

But what I am getting at is that as I always have it set that way, there surely could be an easy way for it to remember that too ?

@fuzzbucket: Oh, sorry, I've misread your message. Well, It'll help me, too. Probably if the checkbox is also at every custom sort page or something like that will do the trick.

No worries - just I wanted to be sure TJ realised what I'm asking :)

... Was it intended that the unique description of the various Pygmy breeds, various Two-head breeds, and various Drakes go away? I ask because right now, the descriptions for all the Pygmy breeds are the generic, and the only way you can see that they are diff breeds is to have the Encyclopedia unlocked so it shows up on their view pages.... 

Cheers!
C4. 

@cyradis4 Did you look at the first paragraph of the text? That's where breed descriptions went to.

@Ruby Eyes

..... no, no I did not! XD Completely missed that. That's.... gonna take some getting used to. 

Cheers!
C4. 

Oh cool. Yay for custom sort in groups! 

On 8/20/2017 at 0:01 AM, TJ09 said:
  • Groups are sorted by name in the list of all groups.

Will this be added to the drop-down menu on the scroll page and when adding a dragon from the dragon's page? Those are really where I'd find this most useful... Unless I'm misunderstanding and it just hasn't kicked in for me yet?

20 hours ago, fuzzbucket said:

Yes, please!

On 8/22/2017 at 2:49 PM, Gryphites said:

"I don't think it will be missed, honestly." I think otherwise. Grid sort doesn't offer the view of dragons' gender and if someone wants to sort a big number of nameless dragons without dimorphism by gender, they have to put extra effort. Maybe let's either leave three sorting options as they are (removing the option is pointless imo and won't benefit us like, at all?) or add gender sign and possibly other data next to a dragon's code in Grid sort?

I've been trying to sort my dragons by gender within their breed and didn't even realize table sort showed this! (I usually use grid sort.) I'm in favor of keeping it or adding the ability to view gender and other data to the other sort options!

I love coming back to new updates!

The new sprites look awesome, thank you for your hard work ^^

On 8/22/2017 at 3:49 PM, Gryphites said:

I think otherwise. Grid sort doesn't offer the view of dragons' gender and if someone wants to sort a big number of nameless dragons without dimorphism by gender, they have to put extra effort. Maybe let's either leave three sorting options as they are (removing the option is pointless imo and won't benefit us like, at all?) or add gender sign and possibly other data next to a dragon's code in Grid sort?

Agreed. Grid doesn't give enough information, and manual gets clunky really fast. 

Edited by Empererpenguin

I also use the regular custom sort because of the gender info.  I like my families in a specific order. 

Edited by DragonLady86

Since everyone has had time to explore the new changes I'm going to close this thread. If anyone sees any issues relating to these changes, please post a thread in the Help section. Thank you TJ for the updates!