TJ09

2017-08-20 - Site Update

Sounds good! I'm especially excited about custom-sorting within groups and investigating the new lineage tiles.

I also use the Table Custom sort and would like to see it stay.

I use the Grid Custom Sort the most as I can move multiple dragons at once. Thanks for updates TJ

Sounds good :)

(Only thing... I was really sad when I read that Table Custom sort will be retired, as this is the only thing I feel at home with when sorting my dragons... :( )
Never mind, lol, I use the Grid one :P 

Edited by Leneth.

Lots of little lovely updates! Thank you, TJ!

I'm going to have to get used to Two-headed Dragons being called Split Dragons, but hey it works. 

Common Pygmy sounds good. But is will take it's time to get used to Split Dragons.

And a lot of lovely updates! :D

Question about the multi-select: With shift+click, is selecting all the dragons between the first one you click and the next one you click the expected behavior? Or is there a way to select dragons without also selecting all the ones in between?

20 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Question about the multi-select: With shift+click, is selecting all the dragons between the first one you click and the next one you click the expected behavior? Or is there a way to select dragons without also selecting all the ones in between?

ctrl + click ought to do it!

Where does one see the new "Split dragons" designation for two-heads? I still see them listed as "Two-headed Dragon" in the Encyclopedia, and their description says two-headed as well.

17 minutes ago, Marie19R said:

Where does one see the new "Split dragons" designation for two-heads? I still see them listed as "Two-headed Dragon" in the Encyclopedia, and their description says two-headed as well.

Here's a screenshot of a Split dragon's view page: link

Link to the dragon's view page

If it looks different for you, maybe it's a cache problem? (Try hard refresh and/or clear browser cache.)

4 hours ago, Toyo said:

ctrl + click ought to do it!

Doesn't seem to be on my computer... ctrl+click just opens the back/forward/reload/etc. dropdown.

22 hours ago, TJ09 said:

Dragon Cave is currently down for some minor updates. While there's no major new features to announce, there's been a number of tweaks across the site:

• Basic custom sort functionality for groups (based on tile custom sort).

Aw, yisss!!! I've been waiting for this since grouping was enabled! Thanks, TJ!

I love the updates! The only thing I'm really annoyed at is that the links to Alternate/Grid sort and Table sort were swapped. My fingers have been trained for years to click on the middle link for sorting, so now I always misclick on Table sort first. Damn reflexes!

Oh, very neat! Thank you so much for your work and especially the new update that attempts to defend dragons against viewbombing!

Great. Table custom sort was the only one I could really work, now I won't be able to sort my dragons. I don't know why it can't just be left there for people like me who have problems with the other sorting methods.

I'm so glad we renamed the Common Pygmies. I tried to make a pygmy group on my scroll and because of this I think they would not show up when I searched "pygmy" (to add).

I would have to search by name to add.

Ah, this is all so great! Thanks TJ! Haven't been very active of the forums, so I didn't even notice the changes.

On 20.08.2017 at 6:01 AM, TJ09 said:

table custom sort will likely be retired, due to its low usage compared to the other methods.

I object. I think we should still have the option to sort our dragons that way even if it's not used by the majority of people on the site.

I have the feeling my eggs are getting views much slower than before ... Would it even help to add them to more hatcheries with these changes? I want this Sunsong to hatch within the next hour and it doesn't even have a crack yet. :dry: