TJ09

2017-08-20 - Site Update

good on the tweeks -  I wonder how the view bombing aspect will affect neglecteds or trying ot hatch something rapidly...

I'm having some issues with the sorts on my groups. 

All of the dragons that were sorted by breed were scattered. It appears to be fixed by going to custom sort, saving, and then setting it back to breed sort. However, adding new dragons to the group acts as if it's still under custom sort, and they're added under the first dragon in the group. Example: https://dragcave.net/group/48 (The Green Nebula is the dragon I've been testing with.)

Testing other sorts shows the same problem with Color (Rainbow) sort.

Hopefully the view-bombing tweak works well. I hate having my scroll bombed simply because I have nice things on it. ¬_¬ The name change for the Pygmies and Splits is a nice surprise. Although tbh something a bit more unique for the Pygmies would have been better. Common Pygmies just sounds like a 2-second thought name. Heh. Oh well. It's a great change nonetheless. =3 The Auto-Abandoned egg logging will help tremendously... now if only we could get a warning before breeding... But, yeah, overall the minor changes are neat.

Woohoooo thanks TJ, awesome changes!

Awesome, thank you!

My only concerns are:

• as it's been already mentioned, other methods of sorting within groups are broken, I can only custom sort.
  • I wish the groups in the drop-down menus were also alphabetically sorted; the change would be 100% complete then.

6 hours ago, TJ09 said:

•  Going forward, table custom sort will likely be retired, due to its low usage compared to the other methods.

Noooo! If it's not that much work to maintain, why not leave it there? Some of us do use it!

It's true that I use the other sort methods MORE, but I still use this one too!

Grid Sort = I use for sorting and moving extremely LARGE groups of dragons at once.

Manual sort = usually moving 1 or 2 dragons to a very far away place on my scroll.

Table sort = To move dragons around in a nearby area because I can easily drag 'n drop quickly (unlike manual sort), and I can see their gender/stats/etc (unlike grid sort). I sort by gender and other things and I like to quickly rearrange stuff without typing in numbers (manual sort). So Table sort does have its uses!

Grid sort isn't as good because you can't see gender/stats/etc. Manual sort isn't as good because you have to type in numbers, hit submit, and rinse and repeat until you like your arrangement.

I was confused by all the sort names initially, but yeah I use table sort a lot.

These "leetle tweaks" sound great so far. :)

For the most part I like these changes. Thank you TJ!

I'm wondering if this takes the place of a new dragon release for August.

The retina update is such a huge improvement. Thank you so much, TJ! Thank god. At last they don't look blurry. :wub:

Oh no, losing the table sort? I sort my dragons by gender, and that's the only view that shows it.  I use the grid sort to move large groups to the right general area, then the table sort to tweak that.  I used to use the manual sort for that, but it's too fiddly.  Table sort is the best for how I manage my scroll.  I would miss the table sort greatly if it were taken away. :(

Thank you so much!  I was needing the group sorting very badly! 

Also, yes! Finally justice for the common pygmies and splits!! ( •̀ᄇ• ́) ﻭ✧

Thank you TJ, these are some nice updates.

Could the groups please also be sorted alphabetically in the other two places? (See first post in the thread linked below.)

It is now easier to find a group in the group list, but the main reason I was wishing for this feature was to make it easier to find the checkboxes to add a dragon to (multiple) groups.

Great Udates TJ! Thanks! 

Also....am I understanding correctly that we can now sort dragons inside their groups? I love this update!

I notice that they're sorted in the group list through my account, but not in the list where you can choose the groups to put a dragon in on their page. Could you maybe change that please?

Also, I'm adverse to the Table Custom Sort being retired. I use it occasionally when I need to see the Genders of the Dragons. If somehow the Genders could be shown in the tiles, I wouldn't be so nit picky. Going from page to page back and forth just to see Genders is a bit hard and tedious, no? Or, let's release Dimorphism for every Breed moving forward so it wouldn't be so damn hard when sorting certain Breeds. XD

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

For the most part I like these changes. Thank you TJ!

I'm wondering if this takes the place of a new dragon release for August.

I'm wondering if maybe if we do get an August release, it'll be on the day of the Eclipse? I think it'd be pretty cool to have some sort of Eclipse-themed dragon.