Jazeki

Jazeki's Holidaykin Mass Breed Thread

I'm discovering that I don't have mates for many of mine. I do a lot of purebreds when I have CBs, and I'm discovering several of my lineaged ones don't have appropriate mates either. Something to work on, I guess!

What are everyone's favorite combos for Graves, Caligenes, Desipises, and Witchlights? I've been pretty terrible at breeding my holidays for a while now... :wacko:

8 minutes ago, GhostMouse said:

I'm discovering that I don't have mates for many of mine. I do a lot of purebreds when I have CBs, and I'm discovering several of my lineaged ones don't have appropriate mates either. Something to work on, I guess!

What are everyone's favorite combos for Graves, Caligenes, Desipises, and Witchlights? I've been pretty terrible at breeding my holidays for a while now... :wacko:

With (male) Graves, I like Monarchs:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/YNOIZ

and Seragammas:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/OUCOA

and Pyralspites:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/aMWHs

I don't like Caligenes at all and am still struggling to find a dragon I like with them, so someone else needs to tell you more about those. :lol: Not too fond of Desipises, either.

6 minutes ago, GhostMouse said:

I think those breeds look great with just about everything, they're such fantastic dragons! I love Witchlights with green dragons (the colour, not the breed), my favourites being green Coppers and Almeralds. Caligenes look fantastic with Pyralspites (all variants), one of my favourite combos! I also love Desipis with green dragons - Frills and Mints especially -, Plated Colossi and Monarchs. I haven't got much experience breeding Graves, but pairing them with Xenos or Lunar Heralds should be worth a try.

3 minutes ago, Fly-by-Night said:

With (male) Graves, I like Monarchs:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/YNOIZ

and Seragammas:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/OUCOA

and Pyralspites:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/aMWHs

I don't like Caligenes at all and am still struggling to find a dragon I like with them, so someone else needs to tell you more about those. :lol: Not too fond of Desipises, either.

Ooh, I like those. Especially with Seragammas (I can never resist Seragammas)!

It occurred to me to dig up the old "Breeding Plans" threads for these guys. I think I like the mock-up of the Caligenes with Golden Wyverns (they'd look nice with Golds too if I had any CBs). I'm also wondering if they'd look nice with the new Khusas

Here are the links if anyone else is struggling like me. :) (I couldn't find one for Graves)

Desipis Breeding Plans

Caligene Breeding Plans

Witchlight Breeding Plans

20 minutes ago, GhostMouse said:

Graves look good with lots of breeds. Besides the ones mentioned Pyros and Magmas are nice.

Desipis looks good with Pyros, too. Also with Mageia.

I haven't really done much with the others, although I like Witchlights with Monarchs.

I tried the Khusas with the Caligenes and I like the result a lot! I did a few with Golden Wyverns too, because I really like that pairing as well.

I paired Witchlights with Monarchs and Fevers and I'm pretty happy with those, too. Still working out what I like best with Deipises and Graves but I've had a lot of good suggestions, thanks!

I have bred most of my Halloween dragons now. I just have my Marrows left to breed and most of the lineages I have with them (like many of my other Halloween dragons) are PB, so nothing to breed from those just now. I have discovered some gaps in mates needed and will be trying to compile a list of things I need to get before Halloween breeding hits!

Breeding! Bred all my Witchlights (three gave refusals!). Shadow Walkers bred well, as did Graves. In the middle of breeding the Desipis' right now, experimenting with a few different combinations.

Gotcha Jazzy, that makes sense XD

Finished my breedings! I love Halloweens so much.

@Ghostmouse I love Graves with Seragammas, they also look good with Magi and Mageia :3 Love Desipis with Magma and Autumn. Caligenes are nice with male Monarchs and Bronze Lunar Heralds. Still trying to figure out Witchs...

If you ever need inspiration, check out the checker database in my sig and peek at what other people are doing! I've started a lot of lines from seeing what others were breeding their holidays to :D

@Marie19R four of my Witchs refused as well. Rather odd.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

I am DONE. Sorry about the gaias that should have been pyros... Like purple, I gave up on PBs - it's so frustrating to get a 3 gen PB holiday bred with a 3g something else... :)

Edited by fuzzbucket

20 hours ago, GhostMouse said:

I tried the Khusas with the Caligenes and I like the result a lot! I did a few with Golden Wyverns too, because I really like that pairing as well.

I did those too. And now I plan to do them for ME :)

About four or so hours left of the Halloweenkin mass breed. I've also updated the reminder list for everyone who posted. 

I'm so glad that someone is going to take this over :) I'm just sorry that I missed this year's Halloween mass breed :(

I don't suppose you are considering doing another Halloween mass breed, are you? I wasn't expecting it to be so early (hence why I missed it).

Please sign me up for future Holiday mass breeds.

37 minutes ago, Nakeisha said:

I'm so glad that someone is going to take this over :) I'm just sorry that I missed this year's Halloween mass breed :(

I don't suppose you are considering doing another Halloween mass breed, are you? I wasn't expecting it to be so early (hence why I missed it).

Please sign me up for future Holiday mass breeds.

Actually, I also thought it was kind of early, maybe we do have time for another round?

I'm done with mine, had to do it in several sessions, the last ones only last night. Sadly, there were quite a number of no interest/no egg messages, especially fpr Caligenes and Witchlights. :(

As a new combo, I tried Khusas with Desipis, nice! I will do more of those when I have more Khusa pairs.

Thank you, Jazeki, for hosting this event!

If people are interested in it, let me know if you want a reminder for another Halloweenkin mini mass breed on October 1st. 

@Nakeisha-Added you to the list. 

Edited by Jazeki

5 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

If people are interested in it, let me know if you want a reminder for another Halloweenkin mini mass breed on October 1st. 

That would be great. Maybe by then I will have figured out some mates!

46 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

I'm definitely up for it.

And thank you for adding me to the list.

4 hours ago, Jazeki said:

If people are interested in it, let me know if you want a reminder for another Halloweenkin mini mass breed on October 1st

I am, and I do. :)

5 hours ago, Jazeki said:

Sign me up. I'm of the opinion that an earlier advance warning and better promotion will make this next event a bigger success. Closer proximity to October 31 is also a sounder strategy.

Uh. Sorry in advance if this post is inappropriate - and in case it is please let me know and I'll delete it right away.

I found this lovely https://dragcave.net/lineage/cVoFU in the AP, and I thought that since the breeding date is the same as your mass breed, it could come from one of you.

So, first of all, thank you because it's beautiful XD and second - since I got the wrong colour (of course I did :v), I would really love to have a sibling once it comes off CD, if possible :blush:

On 9/5/2017 at 4:50 PM, Jazeki said:

Oh yes please! I think a lot of people probably haven't even started looking for Halloween mates yet, this long before the actual event.

I'd also like to be  added to the "all holidays" list. :)

I'de love to help a bit for an october mass breed. I don't have too many cb pairs though. Not sure why but I seem to miss catching dragons on Halloween despite doing the extra games and activities lol. I've only got 2 cave born caligenes (male and female) and 2 cb witchlights again male and female. My other halloweens are all lineaged catches from the ap that I need mates for.  XD