Obscure_Trash

Sock's User Appreciation/Good-Bye Mass Breed

I've bred quite a few, and will do more tomorrow. ETA ended up with something like 75 or 80... I didn't keep track

Thank you Sock for hosting one last mass breed extravaganza =) I agree with quinney, this place won't seem right without you. Best wishes to you going forward.

Edited by Laura Borealis

Up to 150 eggs now. I think... Undines done....

Sock deserves no less; I shall breed EVERYTHING I can over the next couple of days.

Edited by fuzzbucket

So sorry to see you go, Sock! :(

I usually lurk here and this is the first mass breed I've participated in.

I think I have clean lines/CBs of all of these so I'll keep a tally here, although I may have to finish this weekend. This is what I have for now...

Black Teas: 3

Celestials: 10

Daydreams: 3

Glacewings: 1

Storms: 2

Greens: 1

Lunar Heralds: 8

Mints: 1

Moonstones: 2

Reds: 6

Royal Crimsons: 4

Speckle Throats: 5

Teimars: 3

Tetras:

Terrae: 4

Undines: 6

Bonus:

1 Blusang

1 Seragamma Lovely Common

1 Soulpeace

1 White

Edited by GhostMouse

200+.....

I have cramp. More tomorrow.

:o So sorry to see you go. You will be missed.  The forums will not be the same without you :(

Best of luck to you ;)

I am going to miss you, Sockpuppet Strangler!

This place just won't be the same without you!

You were always friendly and easy to approach, and you helped me a out a good number of times. 

You shall dearly be missed. 

I'm glad I get a place to say this though. I thought that I had missed you when I came back from my vacation to find that you were leaving! 

Never take people or things for granted, kids!

In any case, I wish you the best in all your endeavors, and may we run into each other again somewhere on the internet (or even in real life. Man that would be a trip.)

Thank you for everything! 

*sends all the hugs*

Now what do I have to breed for this massbreed, because I have not been paying attention? I apologize.

Sent roughly 20 (lost count) 2nd-gen Lunar Heralds to the AP, and I'll do some more breeding in the morning.

After a very hectic day, I have finally sent out reminder PMs. So let's take care of some business first.

Remember, if anybody wants to help continue mixed mass breed events, you are welcome to start your own thread. Please copy'pasta any of my original text that you need.

@Shokomon Here's the breeding list: please join me in breeding your cb and nicely lined: black teas, celestials, daydreams, glacewings, gray/storms, green/pebbles, lunar heralds, mints, moonstones, reds, royal crimsons, speckle throateds, teimarrs, tetras, terrae, and undines. Remember, if that's too many dragons for you, just pick some of your best lines or breed just a little of everything or spread your breeding out throughout the days.

Since I had too hectic a day to do much breeding (although I did get mostly through my black tea hoard), consider the dates on this breed more flexible than usual. I have a lot of things, even extra from what's listed here, that I want to breed for you all as a good-bye. Hopefully my lines will be enjoyed.

Now, I tried not to PM anybody who had already posted here, so I wanted to share some words from my PM for those of you who already posted or were not on the reminder list:

I have been so honored to be moderator on this forum and forge so many good relationships with so many of you. It is you all that made my time here worth it. It is you all whom I enjoyed hanging out with. You all are some beautiful and compassionate and wonderful people. I am so happy to have gotten to meet you all. I'm wishing you the best of luck in your future endeavors, whatever those may be.

And to everyone here, thank you all so much for posting your kind words. You have no idea how much I appreciate them. To everyone who's posted here, PM'd me, or contacted me on discord, I have collected your kind words so that I will always have them. You all are very important to me. You've been a huge part of my life, and I will never forget you. Please note that my discord is in my signature, and I'm very open to friend requests. There are some of you I would be willing to share my tumblr or facebook with, though I don't want to make that info publicly available in my signature. If you do not have discord but have tumblr or facebook and would like to contact me for my information, you are welcome to.

It's been a fantastic near-decade with you all. Please know that I hold you all dear in my heart.

And thank you again for breeding your dragons this weekend. Let's make the AP like a fireworks display of dragons. <3

All my love to you wonderful folk,

~Sock

Just spent the morning breeding all my shinies in honour of Sock's last mass breed. Lots of kin but also a nice amount of glitters too sent to the AP.

I shall do more. For Sock. I don't do these as a rule; I just breed at random, but I can't let Sock get away without a HUGE sendoff.

I did not get all the way through my breeding yesterday, and I ran across a lot of stubborn dragons that weren't in the mood to produce eggs.

Here is what I got:

Black Tea - 8

Celestial - 3 - they were particularly stubborn!

Daydream - 10

Soulpeace from Daydream attempts - 3

Azure Glacewing - 3 - another stubborn breed

Green - 9

Geodes from Green attempts - 4

Lunar Heralds - 10

Mint - 7

Moonstone - 13

Red - 16

Royal Crimson - 15

Assorted eggs of mates' breeds - 36

I will be breeding the rest of the list today, hopefully, plus some of my own favorites like Nhios, Trihorns, Xenos, Zyus, Falcons, and of course Splits!

In honour of Sock's generosity over the years, here's a tiny little hatchling giveaway (I don't have much of value, but hatchlings are always welcome, right?):

CB white Zyu hatchling, precog'd male

2nd gen Silver hatchling with Black father, influenced female

another 2nd gen Silver hatchling from Black father, influenced female

Please offer a dummy, I'll pick three winners at random tomorrow (unless Sock is offering, then the hatchling goes to Sock).

Edited by dustpuppy

On 11.8.2017 at 6:30 PM, rinoa26 said:

I'm really sad to see you leave, Sock!

Since I joined the forum you were always around somewhere with a helping hand or word. It won't be the same here without you!

Thank you so much for all you've done! I wish you all the best!

Trying to breed as much as possible today to show how much I appreciated your Massbreeds in the past even if I didn't join every one of them!

So far I sent eggs to the AP:

Undines 13

Tetras 1

Terraes 5

Storms/Greys 14

Speckles 6

Royal Crimsons 6

Reds 40

Moonstones 8

Mints 4

Lunars 15

Earths/Pebbles 6   Geodes 2

Celestials 9

Black Teas 3

Azure Glacewings 3

Special lineages and checkers 19

purebreed Blacks for those who wants to try their luck 27

Added some to the above and did some more breedings today, mostly Holiday lineages:

Christmas 20   Metallics 3

Valentines 29   Metallics 6

Halloweens 23  Metallics 1

Dusk Pygmys 10

And also some other purebreeds lineages which I didn't take count of.

Will continue tomorrow with more. For today I'm done.

Oh man, I legitimately teared up when I read that you're leaving. I won't pretend to be a close friend or anything, but... I'll miss you, gosh darn it. We all will ;-;

I wish I'd collected more of those breeds... I will breed what I have. 

Edit: Oh I didn't see that Mints are on the list, I'll be breeding 100 pairs then!

Edited by Luxrayx

Bred some, mostly Celestials.

I've never really talked to you, Sock, but you seem very nice and I'm sad to see you go.

Mass-bred my scroll for this.  I'm sorry to see you go Sock.  I've enjoyed and appreciated your presence on the forums and will miss you.

Well darn, just learned that Sock's leaving. That was a blow to the heart.  

Just bred my dragons. (Even got some Prizes! XD ) Never really do mass breeding, but for Sock's departure it was worth it!  ^-^

Never knew you personally, Sock, but you were such a positive influence around the forums, and just a wonderful and amazing person in general. :D

Gonna miss you, but I wish you nothing but luck and the best in your future!

Thanks for everything, you've been an awesome moderator and friend to this community!  <3   (y)

Edited by Cupup889

Finished up breeding the ones on the list. I guess I will have to put off breeding my personal favorites until tomorrow. I have run out of time.

So today this is my count:

Specklethroats - 20

Storms - 13

Tetra - 5

Terrae - 8

Undine - 7

Assorted mates' breeds - 17, including a 2nd gen Silver and a 2nd gen Thunder.

Finally finished my breedings... I did some on Friday, some yesterday... and lost track somewhere after 70 eggs...

However, it was really fun!

Once again - thank yo so much for organizing this, Sock. Best of wishes for you and wherever life will leed you! You will be missed!

I'll start my mass now, as many as I can in honour of you Sock. I will SO miss you!

21 hours ago, dustpuppy said:

In honour of Sock's generosity over the years, here's a tiny little hatchling giveaway (I don't have much of value, but hatchlings are always welcome, right?):

CB white Zyu hatchling, precog'd male

2nd gen Silver hatchling with Black father, influenced female

another 2nd gen Silver hatchling from Black father, influenced female

Please offer a dummy, I'll pick three winners at random tomorrow (unless Sock is offering, then the hatchling goes to Sock).

Thank you! For your generous spirit and for the hatchling =) 

Whew. Moonstones, (most), tetras, crimsons and speckles done....