Obscure_Trash

Sock's User Appreciation/Good-Bye Mass Breed

So this is part of my Mixed Mass Breed Extravaganza, but I wasn't very clear in announcing that I did, indeed, want to finish up with this last mass breed.

With a heavy heart, I announce my last mass breed, with an extremely fitting theme: User Appreciation.

Today, Friday the 11th: This has been a warm, warm, warm - downright hot - summer for many people. In bearing such heat (and humidity), we need to treat ourselves. That's why this massbreed is user appreciation! We are breeding some of the favorite dragons of the users who participate in these mass breeds. This Friday the 11th, please join me in breeding your cb and nicely lined: black teas, celestials, daydreams, glacewings, gray/storms, green/pebbles, lunar heralds, mints, moonstones, reds, royal crimsons, speckle throateds, teimarrs, tetras, terrae, and undines. Remember, if that's too many dragons for you, just pick some of your best lines or breed just a little of everything or spread your breeding out throughout the days.

If you can't make it on Friday, Saturday and Sunday the 12th and 13th are our extra days.

Now is the day to breed all your pretties! I hope you all enjoy getting to find some lines for your favorite breeds.

I love you all. I appreciate all the time I had with all of you and will fondly remember all of you. <3

EDIT: Well, I've bred about 1450 of my dragons in the past week. I am officially done. Thank you all for your kind words! You have no idea how much they touched me. You all really do mean the world to me. <3

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

So glad this is still happening! Thank you for doing this last event with us. :D

I got started on my Black Teas, the rest will follow later.

Bred 105 pairs! Only got 26 eggs of the right species, but it's something!

I've done everything up to Mints. We shall see if I can do more later.

Thanks for everything, Sock, it's a shame to see you go! The place won't be the same without you!

EDIT: There, did all the breeds and threw in some checker for good measure. Got a few nice Trio and Xeno checkers in there too, so happy hunting!

Edited by Singalana

Oh I'm so glad to see this, I thought it's cancelled since the other topic was closed. Definitely joining later today. Thank you Sock for many happy things in DC. You and your events will be missed for sure. ;)

Will update this post later with breed statistics.

bred and produced :

black teas : 7 CBs (4 2G eggs - mixed breeds, 1 tinselkin)

daydreams : 7 CBs (2 2G eggs - mixed breeds, 2 tinselkins, 2 shimmerkin), 3 holiday checker (2 eggs)

glacewings : 10 CBs (8 2G eggs - mixed breeds)

storms : 8 CBs (4 2G eggs - mixed breeds, 1 tinsel)

green : 6 CBs (1 2G egg, 1 shimmerkin)

lunar heralds : 35 CBs (13 2G eggs - mixed breeds, 4 PB, 5 stairs with prize base, 1 tinsel)

mints : 10 CBs (8 2G eggs - mixed breeds)

moonstones : 8 CBs (3 2G eggs - mixed breeds, 1 tinsel, 1 shimmer, 1 tinselkin), 1 holiday checker (1 egg)

reds : 14 CBs (5 2G eggs - mixed breeds, 1 PB, 1 tinsel, 1 shimmer, 1 shimmerkin), 2 holiday checker (2 eggs)

royal crimsons : 12 CBs (9 2G eggs - mixed breeds, 1 tinselkin), 3 holiday checker (3 eggs)

speckle-throated : 10 CBs (10 2G eggs - mixed breeds)

teimars : 10 CBs (8 2G eggs - mixed breeds), 1 2G (no egg)

terraes : 8 CBs (2 2G eggs - mixed breeds, 2 tinselkins), 1 holiday checker (1 egg)

undines : 8 CBs (1 2G egg, 1 PB egg, 2 tinsels), 1 2G (1 checker)

Edited by banban007
Adding statistics

I'll breed all my Celestials, Nebula, Bleeding Moon, Lunar Heralds, Moonstones and some Prizes!  They're all star-related, and I think that's a fitting compliment to our departing star, ⭐️🌟Sock🌟⭐️

So sad to see you leave,😢😥😰😩🌠

Farewell, Sock, and thank you for everything you have done. In particular, thank you for arranging these mass breeds - they have been great fun and very helpful. Good luck in the future. I wish you health &  happiness in whatever you do.

I have duly bred my dragons and have sent the following to the AP:

Azure Glacewing: 4 PB eggs
Black Capped Teimarr:  8 PB eggs
Celestial: 2 multi clutches & 1 single PB egg
Daydream: 6 PB eggs
Storm: 1 PB & 4 mixed breed eggs
Green: 2 Green PB & 8 Geode PB eggs
Lunar Herald: 21 eggs. Mostly PB or LH checkers.
Mint: 3 PB eggs
Moonstone: 10 PB, 7 mixed breed checker eggs
Red: 12 PB & 2 mixed breed checker eggs
Royal Crimson: 24 PB & 10 checker eggs
Speckle-Throat: 4 PB eggs
Tetra: 3 PB eggs
Terrae: 3 PB eggs
Undine: 29 PB eggs

Sock, we love you and will miss you. Thanks for everything you have done. DC will not be the same on so many levels.

Thanks for this last mass breed. I hope someone else will carry on with what you have started here.

Now I am off to breed a bunch of dragons and hope to get some nice eggs for the AP.

bred a 2g green copper from blue lunar herald, a 2g brown copper from blue lunar herald, 2g astrapi from blusang, 2g thalassa from tan ridgewing,  TWO 2g mageias from dark lumina, 2g azure glacewing from kingcrowne, 2g script from female monarch, and a 2g sapphire from gw. i really hope people like these little babies :3

you will be missed sock forever and always <3

Finished my breeding spree, great results from everyone except the Undines for some reason. Even produced a respectable amount of uncommons and rares too! Can't wait for the babies from this mass breed to show up in the AP. :)

You will be terribly missed, Sock. Doubt if I'll be here much any more - the horrible forum update and now this - too much.

I will breed, but may not post a list; I am overrun with daughter and family. But I will do it.

I'm really sad to see you leave, Sock!

Since I joined the forum you were always around somewhere with a helping hand or word. It won't be the same here without you!

Thank you so much for all you've done! I wish you all the best!

Trying to breed as much as possible today to show how much I appreciated your Massbreeds in the past even if I didn't join every one of them!

So far I sent eggs to the AP:

Undines 12

Terraes 5

Storms/Greys 14

Speckles 6

Reds 40

Moonstones 8

Mints 4

Lunars 14

Earths/Pebbles 6   Geodes 2

Celestials 5

Black Teas 3

Azure Glacewings 3

Special lineages and checkers 19

purebreed Blacks for those who wants to try their luck 27

Done for today. Will continue breeding tomorrow.

Edited by rinoa26

All done. I also did sunstones for... reasons. Thank you for everything you've done for us, Sock. <3

It won't be the same without ya Sock :(

Thanks for everything you've done.

I'll get to breeding.

Finished breeding, though many were acting up and didn't want to produce any eggs. You will be greatly missed Sock, you were such a positive influence here and someone I could always trust to help if I ever needed it. Thank you for all your efforts!

I'm so happy to see this thread, thank you so much, Sock!

And now if you'll excuse me, I have some mass breeding to do. :D

OK I have sent 105 or more eggs to the AP (some were multiclutches and I've lost count...) All heralds, celestials and greys so far. More to come.

Wow, my Celestials really didn't want to cooperate. Sent 14 2nd-gen Celestial eggs to the AP, along with 8 other breeds that were part of the multi-clutches. Bred my Black Teas but got no eggs at all. Will continue breeding throughout the day.

Got a lot of black teas and some of Socks' favourite green eggs and ham ones....I'll carry on tomorrow - we have to go out.

You will be missed, Sock :(