TJ09

2017-08-05 - Cave Maintainence

17 minutes ago, CellyBean said:

wait frick this could mess up my nd plans ;-;

tj if my eggs die during maintenance will i get them back?

Only if they die from running out of time; that's part of the "compensation" mentioned--time will be added, and eggs/hatchlings revived as needed.

8 hours ago, TJ09 said:

Only if they die from running out of time; that's part of the "compensation" mentioned--time will be added, and eggs/hatchlings revived as needed.

will they be revived at the full 7 days left?

7 hours ago, CellyBean said:

will they be revived at the full 7 days left?

From past experience, they are credited only with the time the cave was down.

26 minutes ago, ainisarie said:

From past experience, they are credited only with the time the cave was down.

oh so like if my egg has an hour left and then dies during maintenance once maintenance is over it will be revived with an hour left?

17 minutes ago, CellyBean said:

oh so like if my egg has an hour left and then dies during maintenance once maintenance is over it will be revived with an hour left?

That is what has happened to mine in the past.  Once during a period of cave up/cave down/up/down etc, it was revived each time only to die again.

On 8/6/2017 at 0:59 PM, Peachycupcake525 said:

Well, remember that people do have different time zones, so for someone it could be noon for them at this time and it would affect them without them having to stay up really late.

True. 

6 hours ago, ainisarie said:

That is what has happened to mine in the past.  Once during a period of cave up/cave down/up/down etc, it was revived each time only to die again.

That must have been really stressful. ^^;

Thanks for the heads-up TJ! Fortunately I'll be asleep at 2am. Assuming my cat doesn't decide it's breakfast time around then. >_>

^That's why I learned to sleep with my door closed when I had a cat. I only had to be woken up at 3am once by cat tongue on my face.

Thank you for the heads-up, TJ!

10 hours ago, purpledragonclaw said:

^That's why I learned to sleep with my door closed when I had a cat. I only had to be woken up at 3am once by cat tongue on my face.

Thank you for the heads-up, TJ!

Unfortunately that only works when your cat doesn't sing outside your door, scratch on your door, and run up and down the hallway outside your door like a herd of buffalo. ^^; 

On topic question: Do we know if the site is actually getting updates or is it just server maintenance stuff that won't be obvious to us? Sorry if that's a stupid question. I don't know much about server upkeep.

The maintenance is still going on.  :ph34r:

9am here in the UK and I can't see my babies.  :(

UPDATE: The maintenance is now complete and all low-time eggs/hatchlings have been credited with 2.5 hours of extra time.

Thanks!

However, legacy custom sort doesn't work, it gives me an error. Could it be because of the maintenance? Everything else seems to be fine.

On 8/5/2017 at 7:05 PM, TJ09 said:

UPDATE: The maintenance is now complete and all low-time eggs/hatchlings have been credited with 2.5 hours of extra time.

The site will go down for server maintenance at approximately 2 am on Wednesday August 9 (Tuesday night into Wednesday). The maintenance should last fewer than two hours. During this time, the site will be completely inaccessible, though the forums will be unaffected. As usual, low-time eggs and hatchlings will be compensated for the outage.

This post will be updated with any new information as it becomes available (e.g. when the maintenance begins, when the outage is complete).

the change sort order function is resulting in  an RIP >>> error occurred

There's a thread for this in help here.

The report that maintenance was finished was only posted about 5  hours ago, at something like 2am his time. I don't really expect to see action on the error immediately since he's only human and thus needs sleep. Plus it's a work day, so he may not have a chance to look into it until later.

since maintenance was done >>> there is no access to Allure of Neglected Dragons .

the other click sites are still accessible.

15 minutes ago, orphaned said:

since maintenance was done >>> there is no access to Allure of Neglected Dragons .

Just to make sure. You DO mean http://www.allureofnds.net right? For me at least it works fine. Even tried just now -- and a few hours earlier (not long after maintenance) too. There was no problem.

17 minutes ago, orphaned said:

I was just able to update my dragons on AoND without any problem. If you are still having a problem it probably should be posted in the AoND thread under the Fansite section of the forum.

Works for me too. Egg drop soup doesn't - but that is very patchy at all times.

7 hours ago, orphaned said:

the change sort order function is resulting in  an RIP >>> error occurred

Still none of the sorting orders working.

Seems adding dragons to groups is all wonky now. It shows full-size images and makes the page super long since the scrolling table is now gone :/ Not sure if this was intentional or if it's just being stupid on my end.

It looks the same as usual for me....

before the maintainence and upgrade .... all functioned perfectly

since then ..  some of us are still having glitches

to state yours is fine is not helpful as something has been changed that is still affecting many

the sorting is still non-operational

I misspoke earlier in stating the Allure click site was not accessible ..  it is but cannot update as it states it cannot connect to the dragon cave

eggs around the world is not reflecting counts ... I actually have 7752 which is not reflected in the sig below

I am posting here in TJ's thread as it is only logical to place where he can readily see 

fortunately .. not all of us are affected   but it is frustrating to those who still are

As the maintenance is complete, I'm closing this thread. If you're experiencing any issues, please post a thread in the Help subforum.