Sign in to follow this  
Dalek Raptor

Android Ad Pop-up

So I keep getting this android ad pop-up blocker telling me I need to install the latest flash player. I don't know how to block it due to mobile but it's getting really annoying to see during my hunts in the cave.

http://m.imgur.com/Bi1xcFp

I get this too regardless of when I'm hunting in cave or on the forum. If you click it, it immediately takes you to try and download the Flash app. I tried to disable it with my ad settings, which made a few ads go away, but not all. 

Flash update popups happen automatically if you have flash - the way to disable them is to find your flash settings and tell it not to ask. If you do update it (smart to keep it updated but do it FROM THE ADOBE WEBSITE - you seem to have to tell it again every time.

Well, it only pops up when Trivago shows up on the ads. So I'm not really sure what to do :|

That will be because trivago has a piece of flash in the ad. Most browsers now block old versions of flash because of security holes. If a piece of flash shows up on a site or in an ad, they will be effectively saying "NOT opening that; not till you fix things". (If the ad is actually opening the flash, that could be a security issue.)

Why not just update - go to the Adobe site and do the thing ?

7 hours ago, fuzzbucket said:

That will be because trivago has a piece of flash in the ad. Most browsers now block old versions of flash because of security holes. If a piece of flash shows up on a site or in an ad, they will be effectively saying "NOT opening that; not till you fix things". (If the ad is actually opening the flash, that could be a security issue.)

Why not just update - go to the Adobe site and do the thing ?

Because (I'm guessing the same happens for Raptor) it doesn't take you to Adobe. It takes you to the app store and asks you to install it if you don't already have it--which I don't. I don't want extraneous junk on my phone to allow an ad to play. It also seems to only be an issue for this site on mobile.

1 hour ago, Jazeki said:

Because (I'm guessing the same happens for Raptor) it doesn't take you to Adobe. It takes you to the app store and asks you to install it if you don't already have it--which I don't. I don't want extraneous junk on my phone to allow an ad to play. It also seems to only be an issue for this site on mobile.

Oh I know. I would NOT click on the popup. But I would go to the adobe site and update. If you don't have it - no point. But if you do - older versions are full of holes.

Sign in to follow this