spottedfyr

Encyclopedia Issue

Something's come up about the Encyclopedia: On the Celestial page, it only shows the Corporeal Forms. I tried to raise another for the Ethereal entries, but it didn't work. An admin on the Wikia said they had the same problem.

I have a screenshot of it attached.

Celestial.png

Mine shows both..... All unlocked and everything.

I use the St Pat's skin - could that make a difference ?

Image 1.png

Edited by fuzzbucket

Mine shows both on the default skin. I think that their problem might be that they can't unlock it?

I froze a hatchling in the hopes that it might work, but nothing's changed. When I hover my mouse over the faded pictures, it gives me the normal unlock message of "Unlock this image after owning [x] amount of hatchlings/dragons or observing [x] amount of hatchlings/dragons."

It is kinda weird that yours wouldn't have unlocked by raising celestials, since they grow up incorporeal, but mine are unlocked and looking fine on the encyclopedia. Are you sure you had them unlocked at some point? I would just go click some that you haven't clicked in the past month. ^^

EDIT: Explanations here for why freezing a hatchie didn't work. You can go use the Encyclopedia Helpers thread, though. :3

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler
Didn't register the show new posts notification in time.

Were your incorporeal ever unlocked ? How are your stats ? it could well take more than raising ONE to do it.

Image 2.png

Edited by fuzzbucket

I have the corporeal unlocked by owning 3 adults. I raised another in the hopes of getting on the track of unlocking the Ethereal, but nothing happened aside from simply raising my "Adults Owned" from 3 to 4.

Well - I have a shedload of incorporeal - feel free to drop by. I'm set at 500 to a page and they are on page 2 :)

There are even three hatchies :)

I have to drop in here as I too seem to be able to unlock the incorporeal hatchies.

I have the corporeal forms and the incorporeal adults all unlocked, but not the hatchies.

As the hatchies only become incorporeal when frozen, I froze some (two os s1, 3 of s2), but nothing happened. Still stuck at "own 1 more to unlock", just like before.

That really bugs me and I have never frozen a hatchie before because I hate freezing and honestly can't wait to be able to release the frozen hatchies. But why don't they unlock? :(

2 hours ago, Gluria said:

As the hatchies only become incorporeal when frozen, I froze some (two os s1, 3 of s2), but nothing happened. Still stuck at "own 1 more to unlock", just like before.

That really bugs me and I have never frozen a hatchie before because I hate freezing and honestly can't wait to be able to release the frozen hatchies. But why don't they unlock? :(

I believe that when you freeze one, you only get credit for viewing the hatchling, not owning it (similarly with glowing Aeons and such). I would suspect that viewing 10 or fewer ethereal celestial hatchlings would solve your problem.

I've found that iwth hte Encyclopedia:

When in doubt:

Check your stats

Go to other's scrolls and view things. 

Check your stats again. 

My default is to always go check other's scrolls for what I'm missing, because whether or not raising triggers it.... viewing always seems to. 

My Celestials if you are curious:

https://dragcave.net/group/46311

Cheers!
C4.