Sign in to follow this  
FeatheryWings

Lindwurm turning into Western Zombie and Red Tidal Species

This was a Yellow Zyumorph once:

https://dragcave.net/view/MjZC9

And now it's a Western Zombie. Might be a bug that needs fixing?

Also, about Red Tidals being listes as Lindwurms. I think that needs to be also fixed. Red Tidals most probably belong in Leviathan species. (You can see that Undead Leviathan sprite is more identical to Red Tidals than anyother Leviathans.)

Edited by FeatheryWings

What did you expect ? They seem to be regular dragons in the encyclopedia. Wingless Westerns. Certainly not Lindwurms.

Added research - should probably be an amphiptere, but NOT a Lindwurm.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Zyus are listed in the encyclopedia as one species with the western tag.

Don't ask me why xenos got their own individual pages but these didn't though.

9 minutes ago, fuzzbucket said:

What did you expect ? They seem to be regular dragons in the encyclopedia. Wingless Westerns.

Yellow Zyumorphs are definitely not westerns, wingless or not. They have arms and wings, no hind legs.

I mentioned it before in chat, but it may be a limitation from all Zyus sharing an encyclopedia entry. They have no body type listed, so they all default to westerns, just like how Papers are at the moment. If that's the case, then I'm not sure if there's a way to fix it short of giving each color Zyu its own entry like Xenos, Seasonals, and Avatars.

Edited by 11th

If you look in the wiki, they are all  listed in bulk, as amphipteres....

@fuzzbucket

Yup, the structure is identical to Skywings buy Red Tidals are inhabitants of oceans and seas if I am not wrong, which makes them Leviathans I believe. I also had the dilemma but they definitely are not Lindwurms.

As for Zyus, I hope they get that encyclopedia update then :D

Found the quote from Earthgirl in wiki:

"I originally intended for them to be Leviathans, but they came out too fragile-looking to be the case, so they are just water lindwurms."

Edited by FeatheryWings

"I originally intended for them to be Leviathans, but they came out too fragile-looking to be the case, so they are just water lindwurms."

I suspect that it was intended for Red-Finned Tidals to be water amphipteres, not lindwurms, as they don't appear to have front legs. Perhaps they just got the terms confused. I do hope that they eventually get fixed, as it is quite odd for them to grow forearms upon zombification.

Hoo I'm going to have to change my lindwurm zombie fodder from tidals just in case you guys succeed in getting it changed.

Edit: Too late pls listen to VixenDra below haha

Edited by Mangrit

Please don't change Red-finned Tidals after so long:/ 

especially with so many doubts on what they are more anyway. They've been put as lindwyrms in the encyclopedia pretty soon after the zombie expansion, and lindwyrm is NOT the default. Also the spriter's final decision was they're lindwurms, so let's just leave it so, please...

They're my (and at least a few more people's) LINDWURM fodders and in all the pain zombies are I've managed to turn 3/5, if now they suddenly changed into amphipteres, I'd loose as many as 3 Undeads (I already have 3/5 Amphipteres- from Sunsongs=jungle tombs OR 2/5 Leviathans from Deepseas and both the same stages&genders as Lindwurms, and not that there are too few leviathans to fodder anyway):/ Unless the 'fix' was coded to not work backwards and leave these turned before the type change as lindwurms (still I'd personally have issues as I need coastal fodders for consistency and failry evened-out tomstones distribution, Blusangs are way too rare, at least to me, especially for the low success rate zombiefication has; but at least I, and at least a few more people, won't be ripped off of what they managed to get already!)

I'm for changes in Zyus if they're made fairly soon and if the Zyus get separated - as they all have clearly different morphology and are probably not fully coded in yet as they're still rather new.

Edited by VixenDra

I don't think Tidals will be changed because the spriter wants them to be listed as Lindwurms. We do have Skywings and Sunsongs for anyone looking for common-ish Amphipteres. We already have Deep Seas and Waters for Leviathans, too.

I think that the main concern of this thread should be Zyumorphs.

Edited by 11th

Sign in to follow this