Ariadne

Ariadne does art (?) stuff ^^

So, I'm going to start an art thread, because why not (: 

Before I start, you can feel free to critisize my drawings, I'm not sensitive towards that.^^ (But please keep it constructive ^-^)
I am self-taught and draw mainly people, but Dragon Cave has somehow inspired me to draw dragons (but I still need to learn how to draw them properly tho ^^') Sometimes I do pixelarts, but I just got started, so please go easy on me :'D

semi-realistic style:
blabla.jpg

sketchbook-page (character concept)
Sketchbook1_001.jpg

fancy Koi-Boy in a more anime-based style

merboi.jpg

first real dragon-attempt ^^'
gentle_giant.png

That's it for now, see ya~ :'D

Edited by Ariadne

(not very constructive, I know)

WOW.

You should totally work for Disney :) 

Your stuff is so good!!! I'm in love. @_@ I particularly like that first semi-realistic piece, and I'm absolutely in love with that dragon. @_@

Whoa you guys are so nice ^-^ (not that I expected something different x'D) 
Thank you so much for all your nice feedback, I hope I will stay productive, but DC gave me lots of inspiration lately. (; 

Your drawings are wonderful :)

Especially the koi boy, dragon.

Edited by Kyath The Dream Worker

@Kyath The Dream Worker thanks a lot! :'D you make some really good art too! (I will also post on your thread, I promise ;))

I have kinda done a rough colouring of my earlier dragon sketch, and i can't quite decide which colour I should go with, maybe you all can help me out a bit^^

original-blue-orange colour variant:
gentle_giant_blorange.png

red version: (I kinda tend towards this one tbh)
gentle_giant_red.png

Oh man, I can't express how much I appreciate all your guys comments! (Helps me a lot staying motivated^^) 

wow. your art is so good. its really beautiful like?? i love the way you work with lights and the way you paint!

@Lilraaos Thanks a lot :'D 

I Have another pic for you, it's an Antarean Dragon. The coloration and lines are a bit messy tho and it was difficult to make out all the details because I just had the sprite art as a reference^^'
antarean.png

Wooh. O.O This is absolutely amazing!

I love the first one the best. The colors are great. 

That anterean is absolutely stunning. The mane is so perfect <3

What program(s) do you use for your art?

You colored the dergen! I didn't think it was possible to love it more. @_@ I actually lean towards the orange-blue, but the red is no slouch! And that antarean is awesome.

I think your coloring is my favorite aspect of your artwork, especially the atmospheric yellow lighting in your first drawing. Your hands and hair are also quite nice.

If you're accepting critique, I want to point out that the torsos on your humans don't make much sense (mainly between the first picture and your KoiBoy). The KoiBoy's pecs are really small, and those abs are really large and wide. For the semi-realistic piece, the breasts look lopsided and one looks smaller than the other in a way that is not suggesting 'perspective' to me, which is what I think you were going for. I'm also not sure what the piece of clothing covering her breast is supposed to be--if it's meant to be shiny and stiff like armor, or if it's supposed to be the same kind of cloth as the bottom part of her shirt. It looks kind of like a brassiere but it doesn't seem supported from either the top or the bottom and the shading of each breast doesn't match.

re: the colors on your dragon piece, I think the orange and blue variant is much more visually interesting. The red and brown version looks almost monochrome in comparison.