Gumi

Ability to search people's scrolls or look at peoples scrolls

I have noticed that you are not able to search/view other people's scrolls, as it would be nice being able to see others dragons. I am also wondering of it is going to be implemented sometime in the future. It might be on a pc but I usually use mobile so I have no idea...

You can look at other peoples scrolls, if they have their scrolls open to be viewed. For example, my sons scroll is https://dragcave.net/user/Toby and is unlocked. There is nothing growing there, so there is no danger of anything dying. If you replace his name, with my name (Thuban) you can only see my currently growing things.  If you go into any hatchery and start clicking on the various dragons, some have owners listed, and clicking the names will let ya see whatever dragons they have publically available to view.

I would support a search function on the site. It would be nice to see others scrolls without going on the forum. With an opt in option, I don't see why it's a bad idea

It seems like maybe you're suggesting something like this?

If you can put a little bit more explanation in your OP, you might get some more commenters?

~

This isn't something I would use, but it's not something I'm particularly against.

32 minutes ago, meowxmeow said:

I would support a search function on the site. It would be nice to see others scrolls without going on the forum. With an opt in option, I don't see why it's a bad idea

Depends what you mean exactly. I don't want people being able to "search my scroll" for golds and then demand that I breed them, for instance.

But just for let's take a look - you can achieve that by going to any bred dragon with someone else's dragons in its lineage and clicking its ancestors. Not all show the scroll name but lots do.

Well I was kinda thinking of like a function where you would click and it would bring up all the online users scrolls...

As long as it something each user has to opt-in to, I don't really care.

It'd also be cool if you opt-into the feature, but the search results could be narrowed down to other specifics too (along with 'exclude all scrolls that've been inactive for x period of time').

ie: Find me all viewable scrolls with (breed) dragon

All ON LINE scrolls ? Why only on line ? It's not as if (thank goodness) you can contact someone through their scroll.

well I was thinking just to view the scrolls and a message could come up like "you see a group of people in the cave with scrolls you look over [certain location] and see the people who are there listed" or something but the hidden scrolls wouldn't be there. Yeah I guess it would be great to have the ability to search scrolls as well, but you could have the option to decide if your scroll would show up or not...

But the randomizer by @random scroll from another topic was a good idea too.

Edited by Gumi
Made a mistake and had to fix it

If TJ were to add an option to find and view random scrolls mine would then have to be hidden. I would really rather not have that happen. I don't mind an option to search on a scroll you already can view, but would not like an option to randomly find scrolls.

For one thing, it could really mess up my ND experiments. I count on the fact that my scroll is not linked through my dragons or on the forum when managing my eggs for this.

3 hours ago, Fiona BlueFire said:

If TJ were to add an option to find and view random scrolls mine would then have to be hidden. I would really rather not have that happen. I don't mind an option to search on a scroll you already can view, but would not like an option to randomly find scrolls.

What if we were given new privacy settings?:

• Private: only you can view your scroll
  • Unlisted: anyone with the link can view
  • Public: anyone with the link can view, and your scroll is listed on the search directory

But honest to god what is the need for this - you can view others scrolls at any time by looking at parents in lineages that aren't all yours....

You cannot in fact view a scroll from the parents' page if the scroll name is not linked on the parent's page, as mine is not. The only dragons from that scroll that you can see are in some way related to the one you started from. You can never view their main scroll page. I like it that way.

If my scroll is hidden, or my adults are hidden, it's because I want it that way.  It means I do not particularly want people going through it.  

I don't have a problem with this suggestion, but I also don't really see why it is needed.  You can already look at others scrolls if they aren't hidden.  either by clicking a scroll link or through lineages.  You can even type a name into the search bar and find it.  or scroll number, which could also be used to find "random" scrolls.  Just type in dragoncave dot user/ insert random number here.  If it isn't a hidden scroll, tada! you have a new one to look at. 

16 hours ago, Fiona BlueFire said:

You cannot in fact view a scroll from the parents' page if the scroll name is not linked on the parent's page, as mine is not. The only dragons from that scroll that you can see are in some way related to the one you started from. You can never view their main scroll page. I like it that way.

True - but there will almost always be someone with their name listed (mine has to be for some of the games I play here, for instance :lol:

Nice idea with that random number thing !