Paradisiske

holiday raffles

I think it was stated that mistletoes were only intended to be CB females and there would be no reason to have CB blue solstices really. They should be colorful like all of the other CB ones.

12 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

I think it was stated that mistletoes were only intended to be CB females and there would be no reason to have CB blue solstices really. They should be colorful like all of the other CB ones.

I know that those were the intentions when they were released, but I'm just trying to cover all bases. I don't expect them to be influenceable/blue, but I don't know if those are traits that can be set or not just based off of Hollies.

So I figured it was a good time to revive this. It's not my personal favorite way of rereleasing holidays, but it feels like probably the simplest one and the one most likely to keep them feeling special without adding a major new mechanic.

Still in favor of not having limits apply.

Instead of it being "pick any CB dragon from the holiday you win!" what about being able to enter raffles for specific holidays?

For example, during Christmas have separate raffles for each holiday dragon - the prize being a CB pair, reaching their limit. That way each year one new pair of each previous holiday dragon would make it back into the gene pool with a person who would have the ability to hand out 2nd gens, if they'd like. 

You get one entry for one raffle. This would make the raffles have smaller pools and higher chances of winning. You could only enter if the conditions are met: 1. you do not have your limit of the dragon already and 2. you've met the criteria for the monthly raffle (3/3 adult dragons raised). 

It also means that people will end up only with pairs of dragons they really want, meaning they're more likely to keep them around and hand out/trade 2nd gens. I personally have 0 interest in anything prior to Solstices as far as holiday dragons go - if I were to win a raffle where one person picks one holiday dragon, it would be wasted on me. I would not be contributing to the holly/yulebuck deficit. I do not like them. Heck, I'd probably pick a snow dragon - and I'm sure most dedicated players as of late have last year's dragon.

If the limit of holiday dragons were ever raised I would support having multiple winners (for example, if you were allowed to have 4 CB of each dragon, I would support 2 winners getting a pair each, and so on and so forth.)

@Alrexwolf A single pair of old CB Holidays per year is not going to affect the scarcity of old breeds in any meaningful way. Handing out a pair also leaves out people who only have 1 CB, as they presumably wouldn't be able to qualify.

As for the original idea, I like it, gives a nice treat during holidays to people who don't win a prize. I imagine they'd give out 4 HMs per 1 Gold Prize to keep on par with the old HM ratios. I think it'd also be cool if they could surpass the original CB limit. That being said, while I'd like this idea combined WITH the store, I would rather not see it IN PLACE OF the store. 

I'm not really a fan. I'd rather just see old holidays re-released into the cave for a period of time every year. If one does not have their limit on that breed (and Halloweens have  no limit - YAY) then one can get up to their limit on that breed. There's a thread for this somewhere I think. Maybe it's part of the Raise the Limits thread - I dunno. But I'd far rather have that than a new yearly raffle, especially if the number of CB holidays given out via raffle is quite limited.

The idea behind making them available again isn't exclusivity, which a raffle promotes, but letting those who aren't at the limit already have them. There's no reason I can think of to limit the number given out each year beyond existing scroll limits.

No more raffles even of any kind, PLEASE.

As much as I agree with "no more raffles" in general, I guess I can support this one - if only because, really, there's hardly anything I still need, so I won't get my hopes crushed. :dry: But, yes, I know exactly what you mean. 

I think is a pretty good idea, but I would prefer to have either re-releases of old holidays (with limits in place) or the store over it. If TJ does make this suggestion a thing, I would like to see limits removed for the prizes though. CB Holidays are scarce as it is. One extra CB Holiday won't create a sense of elitism among other players like the CB Prizes do and limit the breeding of 2Gs (before someone gets upset, no, I'm not saying raffle winners feel like they're better than everyone. Most are actually very sweet people, but they are treated unfairly just for being lucky. Non-CB Prize owners have mostly contributed to that "elite" image over time). I do think that it should be one prize per winner per raffle though; not a pair of CBs. Most people won't be able to keep two egg slots open for potentional prizes during holiday breeding anyway. 

But...what about Hollies? Will they be included or are they too "special" for these raffles? Will winning a Halloween raffle over a Christmas raffle make people feel bad? 

Edited by The Dragoness

Boop, stupid me. I thought the original suggestion was for one honorable mention and that's it. 

I'd love for multiple CB pairs to be given - but I'd like for them to be given in pairs to players and then those players can be "checked off," in a sense as having that CB pair and can't enter again, so everyone has a shot to get CBs who don't have a single one.

The limit IS two CB holidays, is it not? idk about you all but if I had the opportunity to get 2 cb holidays I missed that I really loved to heck with all my other eggs, they're going to the AP page if need be. No egg would be more important to me than that. 

But that's probably because I'm a player with no CB holidays (I did participate in this past Valentine's Day, but because of what happened I refused to keep my CBs, oops). It's very different as a player with so much catching up to do (re: anyone who has joined in the recent years and newcomers) than older players who have CB holidays. Of course to them - at least those who have many or a majority of holiday dragons - one CB handed out with no limit seems like a sounder option than to someone who is newer or has fewer CBs who looks as "one a year" as virtually nothing at all. 

Well, Halloweens are not limited to two CBs. Those are unlimited. For the Christmas and Valentine's Day yes, the limit is two per breed per person.

If this comes to be, I'd rather have the chance to win one holiday CB of my choosing (with existing limits obviously) instead of a pairing as recently suggested. I am missing Yulebucks, Hollies, and Val' '09s completely and while the idea of getting a pair off the bat is amazing, I also would like to get a second Sweetling or Snow Angel as I only have one of each of those. What would happen if a Christmas or Valentine's raffle winner already had one of each dragon on their scroll? Would they get to pick two random CB holidays of their choice or would they be passed over in favor of those who have no CB holidays at all? 

4 hours ago, Jazeki said:

If this comes to be, I'd rather have the chance to win one holiday CB of my choosing (with existing limits obviously) instead of a pairing as recently suggested. I am missing Yulebucks, Hollies, and Val' '09s completely and while the idea of getting a pair off the bat is amazing, I also would like to get a second Sweetling or Snow Angel as I only have one of each of those. What would happen if a Christmas or Valentine's raffle winner already had one of each dragon on their scroll? Would they get to pick two random CB holidays of their choice or would they be passed over in favor of those who have no CB holidays at all? 

If you already have one, you get one. But if you have none, you get a pair. You are automatically raised to your CB limit.

Thus why I said, "You could only enter if the conditions are met: 1. you do not have your limit of the dragon already and 2. you've met the criteria for the monthly raffle (3/3 adult dragons raised)."

1 would not be the limit, so you could have your extra one to meet your limit. 

14 hours ago, Alrexwolf said:

If you already have one, you get one. But if you have none, you get a pair. You are automatically raised to your CB limit.

Thus why I said, "You could only enter if the conditions are met: 1. you do not have your limit of the dragon already and 2. you've met the criteria for the monthly raffle (3/3 adult dragons raised)."

1 would not be the limit, so you could have your extra one to meet your limit. 

Yeah, no thanks. I don't like the idea of people possibly getting two dragons while others get only one.