TJ09

2017-07-17 - July Dragon Release

Okay, okay, I now have to change my mind about the Scripts. With the *wonderful* extra info TCA provided, I now absolutely adore them. Snuggly jokesters ftw! I can totally imagine wrapping my arms around that beautiful dragon and hugging.

The adults are great!  Well done!

Those Script dragons are amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing. 

Also, so now that we have a 2 headed leviathan..... Will there be a new undead sprite? Or will it default to the 2 head undead western?

I wish I could breed Scripts and Papers, because, why not.  Anyway I love purple and I like the looks of them a lot.  Being tricksters on a whim is great fun.  I actually own the name Scriptorum.  

The 2 heads are one (well, 2) of the breeds I need to enlarge to see all the fine details...and I do like them a lot.  I can't decide which color I like better, if either.  I know I will probably breed with the Two-headed lindwurms though, and keep to colors.

I really love the new dragons! Thanks to TCA and Odeen for these new lovelies. :) My babs are just about to hatch so I can catch my next batch. (Very rhyme-y). 

Hey, there are encyclopedia entries for the new dragons already! The encyclopedia says "Baikala", which at least suggests that's probably the correct spelling.

Oh wow, the adults look amazing!

The Scripts are super pretty! I especially love the purple color of their wings, and how their markings stand out so brightly against them and their silvery scales. Also, are those little paw pads I see on their one foot? Because if so, that's adorable.

As for the Bailakas/Baikalas, wow they're so cool! I really love their poses, and their faces remind me of Spinosaurus. Out of the two variants I'm not sure which one I like more; I like the poses of the blues the most but also like the colors of the greens the most! The differences between the fins of the two is neat as well.

Honestly I can't pick a favorite between either of these two. Well done TCA and Odeen, and thanks again for the release, TJ!

I like the Bailakas. They're more Mosasaur than dragon, but I don't really care-- they have a cool body shape, pose, and add nice diversity to 2-headeds. The closest head on the female green is a bit hard to make out and the orange side markings on the blues isn't my favorite, though it doesn't detract too much from the sprites. I wish the female blue was tilted more parallel to the ground, but I'm sure it's a sprite dimension thing.

Scripts are okay. The part where the top of the wing folds over on itself just isn't doing it for me. It looks claw-like, or just kind of weird when the rest of the wing seems delicate. They're a decent addition to the cave, nice colors...the hand positions remind me of another dragon, Sapphires maybe? They must both be in the same opera performance =o

40 minutes ago, Nine said:

the hand positions remind me of another dragon, Sapphires maybe? They must both be in the same opera performance =o

Omg yes!! Now that you mentioned it I totally can't unsee it.

..... This may be the fastest we've ever gotten new releases into the Encyclopedia. Wow.

Amazing... the Encyclopedia was actually updated for these guys during their release, not almost a year later. Shocking.

They're in the encyclopedia already? Wow. I really liked the information about the scripts that TCA gave, so maybe those could be put in the notes? Not too many dragons have them.

The adult forms are pretty neat-looking, but I especially love the Scripts, as I'm fond of the color purple.The Baikalas look to me like two-headed crosses between crocs and porpoises.

Edited by Wintermute

The adults are beautiful! Looking forward to moving my word/writing names over to my Script dragons. :3 Thanks TCA for the dragons and extra information! 

Love the baikalas -- striking poses and lovely colours! Wasn't surprised at all to learn these fellas are Odeen's. She is constantly making me reassess my favourite dragons list. XD 

Edited by Varekis

All the adults are beautiful, I'm super glad I ended up getting more than just one of each - thank you TJ and spriters! While I think both dragons are amazing, I'm especially fond of the Scripts.

12 hours ago, TCA said:

TCA: ok so imagine a really soft snake. like a ball python that just shed and is all soft and plushy and smooth
TCA: that's what these feel like

That's so cute, now I have even more of a need to collect them a lot. :D

OMG the Bailaka's look like Mosasaurs/Ichtyosaurs! Welp, another one I want a lot of. Guess what I'm doing for the next couple of weeks.

The Script Dragons look pretty great aswel.

Overal I'd say I gotta get a lot of these...

11 hours ago, Nine said:

They're a decent addition to the cave, nice colors...the hand positions remind me of another dragon, Sapphires maybe? They must both be in the same opera performance =o

They remind me of GON hands...both reading invisible newspapers. LOL

Thanks to everyone involved! I have one, now for the others ;-) 

What ever happened with the Balaika's biome thing? I skimmed back several pages and couldn't find anything. Are there still any blues in the jungle or geens in the coast, or was that just an early glitch? Everything I've seen myself has been coast-blue and jungle-green.

Five more hours until my second batch of new release eggs start hatching. Well, two of them. The others have 10-11 hours left. *pokes them* Hurry up!

I really wish we could incubate hatchlings the way we can eggs, I want adults!

3 hours ago, tjekan said:

What ever happened with the Balaika's biome thing? I skimmed back several pages and couldn't find anything. Are there still any blues in the jungle or geens in the coast, or was that just an early glitch? Everything I've seen myself has been coast-blue and jungle-green.

I caught 7-8 of these guys before getting 2 blues and I got both from the Coast. I got greens only from both Forest and Jungle. If blue are found in the Jungle they must be a lot rarer there I think.