TJ09

2017-07-17 - July Dragon Release

Knew I would like the Script dragons. They are a lot better than the two-heads (in my opinion).

2 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Ooh, love the markings and face frills on the Scripts, although something about them doesn't click for me quite the way I thought they would. They feel "bulky" for some reason when I was expecting lithe grace, I guess.

They did say they were plain :lol:

I... kind of worry, though. We have two dragons in DR (Bookwyrms / Bichir) dragons that work on eerily similar concepts to these two released dragons...

What's going to happen to them, I wonder?

Beautiful adults! Can we get a 2-headed holiday dragon this year too ? 

Just now, djengis said:

Can I second this idea!?

Edited by thephantomdragon

7 minutes ago, djengis said:

Halloweens only plz *praises*

Edited by VixenDra

We have adults! Love the poses of the Bailakas <3

OH WOW

Bailaks and Scripts are awesome!

bailakas are so fierce and well shaded, and scripts are so elegant!

also I noticed a mistake in the sprites?

the s2 male green bailaka has orange eyes that the blue bailakas would normally have but the adult male green bailaka has red eyes?

Edited by arjunvohra

The Bailaka dragons look epic, and they still have that kind of look that reminds me of a mosasaur. But our first two-headed water dragon...I think they look fabulous. The Script dragon isn't too bad either.

10 minutes ago, Alrexwolf said:

I... kind of worry, though. We have two dragons in DR (Bookwyrms / Bichir) dragons that work on eerily similar concepts to these two released dragons...

To me both these feel different enough, DC has many dragons that share some traits and that's normal, why should somehow runic or dark green leviathany dragons be now impossible? It's WAY too little they share I beleive.

love the blues! They look tons better than the greens, imo. 

The green female is still buggin me though. Her heads just don't seem situated right.

11 minutes ago, djengis said:

11 minutes ago, thephantomdragon said:

Can I second this idea!?

NO ! Want holiday DRAKE :)

But all these are great :) Need to catch MOAH !

13 minutes ago, Alrexwolf said:

My bookies and the scripts have nothing in common other than vaguely rune shaped markings, and scripts are a lot more pronounced than the teeny subtle black 101001s of the books. All shall be well. :D

Gorgeous adults, thank you, spriters!

An addition to the small flock of two-headeds is always welcome, but I think the Script dragon will be a new favourite of mine. Great concept, too!

Just now, VixenDra said:

To me both these feel different enough, DC has many dragons that share some traits and that's normal, why should somehow runic or dark green leviathany dragons be now impossible? It's WAY too little they share I beleive.

I mostly meant the scripts... I mean, deep green sea dragons are one thing. but bookwyrms and scripts have a very specific thing going on. "mysterious dragons with unknown language runes on their side related to their magic" is really specific. People would probably say one was copying the other if they were both in cave

I love the scripts! Such beautiful colors, they look like they're glowing. The bailakas, while well-done from a technical standpoint, are not my cup of tea. They look like crocodiles, or maybe dinosaurs, not dragons. Can't see myself collecting many. Glad others like them, though.

The blues are a little better but really, none of the Bailakas really interest me. The concept is cool, a draconic Mosasaur, but the execution just doesn't do it for me.

3 minutes ago, Alrexwolf said:

I mostly meant the scripts... I mean, deep green sea dragons are one thing. but bookwyrms and scripts have a very specific thing going on. "mysterious dragons with unknown language runes on their side related to their magic" is really specific. People would probably say one was copying the other if they were both in cave

Bookwyrm markings aren't magic or even a real language, though. They're just a playful shoutout to writing and more specifically the Dewey decimal system.

appreciate the concern but we good :3

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

I already knew i would like the Bailakas (i usually prefer blue as a color but the greens just made their way into my heart) but i'm pleasantly surprised at how much i love the Scripts, they're just so beautiful and the opposite of plain tbh XD

Of the Bailakas, I prefer the blue, but I like them both. The Scripts are a nice addition too. ^_^

Hmm....Liking the scripts, though the lack of back legs kinda makes them seem a little wonky at first glance, but still very pretty and will be perfect for a lineage I want to work on in the future.

But can I just say, I LOVE the Bailakas! Aquatic dinosaurs always fascinated me, and now there's a dragon based on them AND it's two headed?! SWEEEEEET! Though.....one thing that interests me...how will these work as zombies? Will they have the leviathan sprite or the two-headed sprite?

Now I'm off to catch more of these guys!

2 minutes ago, Alrexwolf said:

Now, if that would be enough then people can say that Scripts are a copy of the DR Bookwyrms - Bookwyrms were out there in the making and everyone could see them, Scripts? there's no proof the Scripts could be possibly the first and even if they were the first, the Bookwyrm's creators couldn't possibly copy off sth that was not published in any form:P

Mysterious runic markings related to the creature's magc has been around in general already, I've seen quite a few OCs, dragons included, that worked like that:) And I don't think anyone will be complaining or accusing theft or whatever. To me Frostbites and Ices are more similar than Scripts and Bookwyrms, so I don't see a problem. I hope there's no problem indeed.