TJ09

2017-07-17 - July Dragon Release

Today’s date has a lot of sevens in it, so it must be pretty lucky. Sounds like the perfect time for new eggs. Good luck catching these new eggs in the Coast, Forest, Jungle, or Volcano!

Egg Egg Egg Egg Egg Egg Egg Egg Egg Egg

HYPE

edit: oh my god my first first

second edit: it looks like coast and jungle drop the same eggs! also i got one from each biome, and it seems like two of them have the same description

Edited by -Frost-Fire-

Much excitement! Thanks, TJ!

EDIT: Wow, just need two blue, and I've got all I need! Excited to breed Tango to them...

Edited by 20mia08

I just saw this! I managed to get one already! Too bad I'm egg-locked now... I saw something I didn't recognize so then I got it and it was new!

I'm excited! Currently locked for a little while, but I was able to grab 1 of the eggs.

I got one greenish and one bluish one from the coast. Different colors drop in the same biome.

Bleeeeeehhhhh why does it have to be a Mondayyyyyy v.v

Oh well, everyone enjoy!

Awesome!  Can't wait! grabbed me some!

Edit: Holy smokes this is for sure the first time I made page one and get in at the beginning.. 

Edited by MalagAste

Yay got one of each!

How are people getting the blues? Grabbed two greens from Forest and one from Jungle, heard they were mixing. Is this random or has a pattern emerged?

Of course, just after I lock myself. :T Looking forward to seeing what these are.

Edited by 11th

oh my gosh, i was certainly not expecting this! O: i can't wait to see how they look!

3 hours ago, TCA said:

Here are some chat logs I think y'all will be interested to see ouo

TCA: WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WANTS SCRIPT FUN FACTS??
TCA: So the Scripts were the very first concept I made after the release of the Pyralspites!
TCA: They didn't start out as the lindwurms you guys got though.
TCA: In fact, they started life as this Western sketch I was doing for fun, and kinda liked!
Image link
TCA: I made a completed sprite set based on that, but redid them fairly recently and ditched the hind legs because we have too many Westerns. The other subtle changes, like the horn color and the neck color being the same as the rest of the belly, are because... I didn't actually look at the old sprite while making the redo! I went from memory!

TCA: Anyways, Script dragons were never a super serious breed I did in-depth concept stuff for. I just wanted to make something neat. But I headcanon them as being powerful mage dragons, loving parents, kind of soft and plushy under their scales and very snuggly, but also the type to be enigmatic or frustrating just for lulz. Like, if you went to ask one for help, they'd send you on a dumb sidequest just because they could.
TCA: And be all ~mysterious~ about it. (They're totally laughing inside the whole time though.)

[other user]: I think I would have preferred hind legs but get totally why you would change them for diversity.
TCA: It also showed off their wing design better.
TCA: They have the wing design they do because I wanted to give the impression of something with six wings, but I also didn't want to give them... six wings

TCA: oh yeah
TCA: I do have one last thing
zmOPFz2.png
TCA: Face detail! Scribbled in MS Paint.

TCA: ok so imagine a really soft snake. like a ball python that just shed and is all soft and plushy and smooth
TCA: that's what these feel like

TCA: while I had a reference in mind, I wanted to abstract it from that reference
TCA: such that it kind of references neat fantasy script in general
TCA: instead of just being a "that character" dragon
TCA: the color scheme is the one thing that's still closeish to the original reference I had in mind
TCA: but even then I changed it up
TCA: and made it its own unique thing

TCA: The different neck color was the one design element from the first run of the Script I kinda wish I'd tried to work in, but at the same time, I love how clean and soft their neck turned out uwu
TCA: so I don't really have regrets

Also, they're totally mostly-carnivorous but do eat some amount of plants in addition, and like to accumulate a few different types of food and then combine it all into one big mess and stuff their faces until they can barely move. Any breed that is any sort of picky probably won't touch their stupid "cooking" even though they'll totally try to get them to taste it. And in terms of size, I imagine them to be, as adults, thick around enough that you can only barely have the tips of your fingers touch if you tried to wrap your arms around the bottom of their neck, and about as long as a Greyhound bus, give or take a few feet.

And because of their varied diets, heavy use of magic leading to laziness, and soft bodies, Script dragons, when dead, have incredibly tender and delicious meat, even as adults. They're hard to kill for this meat because of their ability to use destructive magic in self-defense, unless you're, like, a Cassare or something, as well as their intelligence. But they taste like farmed alligator.

Edited by TCA

Ooh, I thought we had another week at least. Grabbed three for now!

Wowza! I knew something was up because there were no eggs to be found. I'm not often clued in so fast. LOL

AWESOME release! :D

Thanks to everyone involved!

excellent timing for me, I have half my spaces open.

Really liking the look of the last one, to the Volcano with me!