TJ09

2017-07-17 - July Dragon Release

The eggs look really neat, I especially like the bluish one with the red markings! I have four slots open right now so I'll have to use them wisely. :D

11 minutes ago, Aleoleo said:

I'm laaaate... but that's OK, seems like these eggs aren't too hard to catch?! :huh:

Are the Pink ones only dropping in the Volcano biome? Or are they dropping in the jungle and coast as well?

Almost forgot: thanks for the new release, TJ! :D

pinks are only in the volcano!

1 minute ago, CellyBean said:

pinks are only in the volcano!

Thanks for confirming Celly! <3

I'm now locked with new eggs... I was lucky since I somehow managed to get 3 blue and 3 green. Plus 2 pink eggs from the Volcano. Their markings remind me of Tibetan writings.

The mysterious pattern eggs looked so blue on my laptop screen so for a moment I got confused when people were talking about pink eggs since I didn't see any pink - before I checked the site on my phone at least. :o

A release on a Monday ?! That's different. But I guess all the sevens made a compelling argument.;) Thank all the powers that be that my vacation started today !

Catching the softshelled ones is going to be tedious, though, the number in each drop must be really tiny. 23 people in a biome, and still all eggs gone after one to two refreshes.

and apparently the colour you get is random for them no matter which biome you're in. i got lucky and got 2 blues from coast and 2 greens from forest. but some said earlier in the thread that they got a blue and green from the coast

A new release! The eggs look really nice! Now I just have to get them...

Yay new eggs! :D Locked myself up at the top of the hour with pink patterned eggs and the green ones. Well, guess I'll have to trade for them blues. :P

And that was the full hour drop, gone in under one minute, still with less than 50 people hunting. These greens and blues surely make themselves scarce. The mysterious patterns are not that shy, thankfully.

So far I got one blue at the coast, one green in the forest and the pinks at the volcano.

I'm so lucky I randomly woke up at 4 am and decided to look on dc. :mellow:

I have a feeling this release will be almost over before most of North America is even awake omg

I'm SUPER stoked for the pink eggs though. They look rad.

Woah... I have a super fast internet and I'm refreshing ON the 5s. I'm lucky if I see two eggs. This is gonna be a tough one, y i k e s.

@Alrexwolf:

After only seeing one or two eggs each time I started refreshing about ten or five seconds before the 5 minute mark, it helped a little.

Finally got two blues (both coast) and two greens (both forest), three pinks (volcano) and an additional green one from the Jungle (no idea if you get a mix of blue and green there or not).

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

I've been wondering about this for a while: does the cave no longer have 5 minute drops?

In all of my hunting in the last few weeks they haven't seemed to happen.

1 minute ago, Lantean_Pegasus said:

@Alrexwolf:

After only seeing one or two eggs each time I started refreshing about ten or five seconds before the 5 minute mark, it helped a little.

I resorted to opening up my computer's date and time clock so I can see the exact second and refresh closer to the "true" 5 minute drop. It seemed to help a bit.

3 minutes ago, Hailwidis said:

I've been wondering about this for a while: does the cave no longer have 5 minute drops?

Do you go off of the cave's clock, or your computer's/phone's clock?

If I'm hunting on a different computer or device I always check the time on it against cave time, since it can vary a bit. The laptop that I'm on right now is about ten to fifteen second behind cave time, but my desktop is about ten ahead. When the time is behind, I make a mental note to start refreshing before the clock hits xx:x5.

Edited by 11th

2 minutes ago, Hailwidis said:

Sometimes, they're a bit off. But they're still there. 

Unrelated, but which blue/green biome has the least people?

If you switch to the Default, Portal 2, or Portal 2 Light themes, you can see the clock on site in the top right corner. I usually switch between Default and St. Patrick's when I need to check it.

Edited by 11th

1 minute ago, Jazeki said:

Sometimes, they're a bit off. But they're still there. 

Unrelated, but which blue/green biome has the least people?

I think Jungle and Forest have less people than coast... it seems like Forest has fewer than Jungle but.

Having said that now the forest will have more people :P

10 minutes ago, 11th said:

If you switch to the Default, Portal 2, or Portal 2 Light themes, you can see the clock on site in the top right corner. I usually switch between Default and St. Patrick's when I need to check it.

Thanks! Unexpectedly, the DC clock is 1 minute and 38 seconds later than my computer clock. No wonder I wasn't seeing drops anymore. How strange.

ETA: This is going to make hunting a whole lot more annoying. Now hesitating between sticking with the skin I'm used to and like, and one of the ones with a clock.

Edited by Hailwidis

3 minutes ago, Alrexwolf said:

I think Jungle and Forest have less people than coast... it seems like Forest has fewer than Jungle but.

Having said that now the forest will have more people :P

Figured it was forest. I guess I'll have to try at the hour drop because these go fast. That's what I get the one day I don't check DC at midnight.