TJ09

2017-07-17 - July Dragon Release

Ahhh, the blue Bailakas are so nice, and i really like that they have different poses from the greens!

I didn't say they were copies. I didn't mean they were copies.

I was trying to say I wonder if TJ will allow a dragon through that's even slightly similar to an existing dragon. Why would TJ let a dragon whose sprite's main defining feature is "bodily language/rune markings" when there's already one in cave when he could pick a dragon with no similar features (no matter how small) to an existing breed.

It wasn't necessarily about them being too close, it was about them getting in-cave because i love the concepts.

Now I was finally able to name my two Script Hatchlings! Wanted to see the adult form before I did, but not naming hatchlings right away bothers me. Hopefully I can easily get some Bailaka Dragons soon. I really like them, never happened to see any in the caves. Also I've been scroll locked with eggs/hatchlings for a few days now. There were too many lower time dragons in the AP I had to get them.

So are they Bailaka or Baikala? There seems to be a typo in the description.

I wonder if their name is a reference to Baikal, which is the deepest lake on Earth.

Edited by Gealach
typos

I like the blue two-headed ones better than the green, but they're both Interesting enough. The scripts might be my favorite (even if I'm a little surprised their fluff turned to fins).

11 minutes ago, Alrexwolf said:

I didn't say they were copies. I didn't mean they were copies.

I was trying to say I wonder if TJ will allow a dragon through that's even slightly similar to an existing dragon. Why would TJ let a dragon whose sprite's main defining feature is "bodily language/rune markings" when there's already one in cave when he could pick a dragon with no similar features (no matter how small) to an existing breed.

It wasn't necessarily about them being too close, it was about them getting in-cave because i love the concepts.

Frostbites / Winters / Ices

Tangars / Neotropicals / Canopies

Astrapis / Thunders / Bolts / Electrics

In a different way, Zyumorphs / Trios, Dorsals / Ridgewings, Blacks / Vines, strange marking eggs

Again I appreciate the concern but I don't think it's an issue ^^ if for some reason it is, it's easy enough to change the markings. I like them but if it's literally all that's keeping them from being in cave, I like the lore much more :) (and appreciate your kind words, by the way <3)

@fuzzbucket it's not them being plain--I always imagined they'd get markings as adults--it's like someone else said, I was sort of expecting max noodlage ala shimmers or honeys, which didn't happen X'D still very nice, just not "MUST HOARD FOREVERRR" for me :3

Also yay, different sprites for the two heads! Like the greens best--I've always been a sucker for that color green paired with bright red / orange, and I like the poses better, too. Blues are nice as well though ^^

I haven't found a single "This heavy egg has a soft, yielding shell" egg in the cave. When I first saw the update and looked, there were several, but now I can't find any at all. (I've looked since yesterday morning.)

10 minutes ago, Gealach said:

So are they Bailaka or Baikala? There's seem to be a typo in the description.

I wonder if their name is a reference to Baikal, which is the deepest lake on Earth.

I think it is, which makes them so much cooler!

All of them look great! I especially like the markings of the Script dragons!

10 minutes ago, Gealach said:

So are they Bailaka or Baikala? There's seem to be a typo in the description.

Yeah, I also thought of Baikal. Still, it does sound cool.

So the Two-head is this like the other Two-heads where they can only breed with each other? There description is making me wonder "the two heads think as one" part.

Edited by acm1923

Ooh adults. The blue two headed is my favorite. Not so fond of the scripts though. Like others have said, the hatchlings made me think of lithe, graceful dragons with a bit of fur or something. These were quite surprising. Still great release. Thanks :) 

Edited by Carmelita Fox

Bailaka dragons are absolutely perfect to dc lore, i love them. I was waiting since a long time the relase of another leviathan and this one is even a two head! I like their background and i definitely would appreciate to see more aquatic breeds that only belong to the water. There are very few breeds like this and I aim to se more biodiversity into the game to make it more pleasant, balanced and realistic.

the Script dragons on the other hand are my favorite. I definitely love them, their colors, pose and wings. I really like that shade of purple and the shape of the head makes it look quite majestic.

Great job and thanks for the constant releases even while it is summer! 

Soooo.... Are we going to get leviathan two-head zombie sprites now??

I'm LOVING the Bailakas (or Baikalas, whichever is correct). Their heads remind me of a cross between alligators and dolphins, and I love their flowing bodies. The coloring is beautiful and I'm so unbelievably excited to have a new kind of two-head in the game!

The Scripts are nice, I like the colors and the calligraphy-like markings, but for some reason I'm a little disappointed. The pose isn't all that interesting or new, and I think it's really sad that the pose hides their beautiful purple fur that we saw in the s2 hatchies. Or was that "fur" supposed to be part of the wings? It sure looked like fur to me.

*goes off to enter new breeds into spreadsheet*

This was an awesome release!

Coolest Two-Heads ever! The green ones remind me of Pike fish. :D

And the Scripts! Oooohoo *Grabby old linguist fingers*

omg the faces on the blue ones reminds me of ursula's minions in the little mermaid.  

These are all very interesting dragons. The Scripts are not exactly what I was expecting from the hatchlings, but still lovely.

And it is great to have more two-headed dragons. These look so flow-y and graceful. I am having a hard time in my mind pairing them with any of the other two-heads, though, except maybe the Lindwurms. I find the second head a little hard to discern on the female green, so she is probably my least favorite sprite, but I really like them all.

I really love the Bailakas, especially the blue ones. The poses on both green and blue are great. I would guess that Odeen has an aquarium. She has captured the movement so well. I like the Script ones too but I am missing the fur, or what looked like fur, on the hatchlings. It was so cute. I do like the pose. It looks like it's saying "hug me". :)

Edited by BatPopsicle

The Scripts did not have fur as hatchlings! That was everyone mistaking the wing struts for fur. Look at the silhouette of the wing on the adult, then at the S2.

I love the adults! The blue Bailakas and Scripts are outstanding, I like the green Bailakas too but they seem so mean and I have a childhood trauma of mosasaurus in documents so they remind me of those waaay too much!