Ruby Eyes

How To Use The Forum

2 minutes ago, raindear said:

I would like to change my signature pic and have it link to my scroll like my unicorn does. Help!

Account settings > signature.

Upload an image. Click and drag the uploaded image into the editor. Double-click the image (while you're still in the editor) to add a link to it.

(You can also cheat and use the old bb code if you have the image hosted somewhere else)

If I could see the BBcode like I used to, I could have figured it out. Thanks.

Is there a way to quote something from the main site and get a labeled header? For example, I used to be able to use

[quote=whatever] (text) [/quote]

and I would get a quote with the attribution I wanted (in this example it would be 'whatever'). In the past I've used this to quote dragon descriptions and other things from the main site.

Let me try...

[quote name="whatever"] (text) [/quote][quote name='whatever'] (text) [/quote]
whatever said:

(text)

whatever said:

(text)

EDIT: Okay, now it is working. It didn't show up like that when I previewed my post. 

Edited by Kakaru_of_DOOM

The preview doesn't seem to be able to interpret *everything* you can actually do with bbcodes. But you can use your personal notepad (in Account Settings => Edit Profile) to test these.

I just realized I have no clue how to PM multiple people at once. It must be possible, because I've gotten mass-breed notifications like that before (like for the holidaykin breeds), but I'm not sure how. Probably should've figured this out before the day I'm supposed to PM people...

40 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I just realized I have no clue how to PM multiple people at once. It must be possible, because I've gotten mass-breed notifications like that before (like for the holidaykin breeds), but I'm not sure how. Probably should've figured this out before the day I'm supposed to PM people...

You can type and select multiple names in the "To" field when you start a new message (click the envelope and then "Compose New").

If you have a ton of names it will be tedious. I don't know if there's an easier way.

How do I add a PM link when there is no message button to right click on? I'm in the correct area, but all I have is a find content button.

The envelope icon on the upper right only takes me to my inbox, and I can't get the number end of the link to do a PM link from that. I have no other message links or buttons on any other area. Not next to my name, not when you hover over the tiny profile pic in the upper left, nada. So I'm a bit stuck. That link really helps. Thank you!

No - you need the message one  in your profile.

image.png.2eb53b0dbe48cff4ad99cb134431eda8.png

That is where I would need to go if I wanted to send you a message. If you see what I mean.

Oh wait - got you - you don't see it in your OWN profile.  I shall have to think on that. Glad to have been of service anyway !

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Yeah, I don't have that button at all.

See above. I am now rethinking this !!!

Got it. Hover over the message link at the bottom of your post. Copy THAT link.

image.png.afe44998cbcba1a781f44cdf901ada43.png

Edited by Fuzzbucket

I'm just trying to find out how I can strike through a post mobile. 

The code posted on the link in the front page doesn't work.

😕

Edited by darkladyselenity

Sorry, I don't have any mobile devices so I cannot provide screenshots, and nobody else has stepped up to that either.

So I take it there is no strikethrough button on mobile?

Usually, [s] and [/s] does the trick. Let's test it: strickenthrough?

@Ruby Eyes - as this is your thread and others may ask - is there a required post count to let you set up a signature ? One of my students just asked and I have no idea !

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

@Ruby Eyes - as this is your thread and others may ask - is there a required post count to let you set up a signature ? One of my students just asked and I have no idea !

From what I remember from 11 years ago and from what I observe, it could be just the 1 post you need to do in Introductions, to get yourself recognized as a legit scroll owner and your account unlocked..

Edited by Ruby Eyes

OK - well I told them how to do it - and they are on mobile so that MAY be the problem.

Forum related question:
So, what's the level stuff about? Also, how do people get custom ranks? Donating?

1 hour ago, ChickpeaHummus said:

Forum related question:
So, what's the level stuff about? Also, how do people get custom ranks? Donating?

Level stuff correlates to the amount of posts you've made (not counting those in the forum games and freeform rps sections.) You automatically can set your custom rank when you reach level 10, though I don't exactly know the required amount of posts right now. It might be 1000?

2000, I think.

Ah, it's actually in the thread next door.

https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/48-frequently-asked-questions/?do=findComment&comment=4319265

Q:  How do I get a custom member title?

A:  You can do this once you reach 2000 posts.  To change your member title, click on "Edit Profile" from your user profile page.

The best way to reach 2000 posts is to become an active member of the community.  Please remember that not all forum sections (such as Forum Games) will increase your post count, and spamming topics to get more posts is against the forum rules.

Nowadays, you click the arrow next to your name at the top, then Account Settings, then on Edit Profile.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I'm back to the Forum for the first time in… a veeeeeery long time, so I'm trying to update my profile accordingly. I've tried twice, and gotten the same error both times: EX0.

What does this error mean, and what is the correct way to address it?

Thank you,

—T.

On 9/26/2020 at 3:09 AM, Torkie10 said:

I'm back to the Forum for the first time in… a veeeeeery long time, so I'm trying to update my profile accordingly. I've tried twice, and gotten the same error both times: EX0.

What does this error mean, and what is the correct way to address it?

Thank you,

—T.

No idea. For errors like this, it might be better to start a new thread so that it's better visible.

You are not alone in general. There are threads on google, like these:

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1283274-error-code-ex0/

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/54355889/having-problems-with-invision-community-board-when-posting-editing-getting-a-e

The first thing I would do would be clear your cache - including your DC cookies, as they may be corrupt (you DO remember your password I hope ? and the email you used ?)

hi〜The DC forum seems to be inapplicable to the DISCUZ code, and it seems that it has no effect to post it like this

[align=center][url=https://dragcave.net/user/cheled]https://dcrecords.tj09.net/banner/cheled.png[/img][/url][/aligh]

Edited by cheled