Ruby Eyes

How To Use The Forum

I can't figure out how to get rid of this stupid line in my post. It used to be next to my post and it prevented the formatting from working properly. How do I make this go away?

Untitled.png

Copy the bit you want to keep, then "clear editor" and paste what you want.

But you seem to have posted inside a quote - that may be the issue. Click on the whole thing and go for "cut"

Edited by Fuzzbucket

That does look like a quote box indeed. You can also hold CTRL and right-click on it, wait for a little menu to pop up next to it, then select "Remove Quote".

If you quote something and only want the contents without the quote box, hold CTRL and right-click on it, then select "Remove Quote and Keep Contents".

Bumping because I needed this just now to help someone with TJ's scroll link banner.

I might be missing something obvious but where is the link to change your signature?

Top left corner where your name is, there is a little arrow right next to your name. Click that, the "Account Settings", then on the left side "Signature".

Is there any way to delete the images in the attachments are of my profile. It's getting a little large and I though I could delete them out, but it won't let me.

Thanks,

Celis

27 minutes ago, celis said:

Is there any way to delete the images in the attachments are of my profile. It's getting a little large and I though I could delete them out, but it won't let me.

Thanks,

Celis

You can do it by editing the post that the attachment was added to. The thread name listed next to them on the attachments page can be clicked to take you directly to the post.

That said, there doesn't seem to be a way to delete attachments for posts that have been hidden.

Scratch that. Did a quick test, and you can add existing attachments to a post, enter edit mode, and delete them.

Edited by 11th

3 hours ago, 11th said:

You can do it by editing the post that the attachment was added to. The thread name listed next to them on the attachments page can be clicked to take you directly to the post.

That said, there doesn't seem to be a way to delete attachments for posts that have been hidden.

Scratch that. Did a quick test, and you can add existing attachments to a post, enter edit mode, and delete them.

Thank you, I'll try that.  It seems the posts had all been hidden.  If I'd know that it would just compound them all, I would've deleted the images first.

Err how does one enter edit mode for hidden posts?

Edited by celis

31 minutes ago, celis said:

Thank you, I'll try that.  It seems the posts had all been hidden.  If I'd know that it would just compound them all, I would've deleted the images first.

Err how does one enter edit mode for hidden posts?

You have to add the attachments to a new post by clicking the "Insert other media" text above the "Submit Reply" button, then choose "Insert existing attachment". Select the attachments that you want to delete, and add them to the post. Then edit that post, and delete the attachments.

... Yes, it's a bit convoluted. I can't find any other way to do it, though. :/

(Thanks, Invision.)

11 hours ago, 11th said:

You have to add the attachments to a new post by clicking the "Insert other media" text above the "Submit Reply" button, then choose "Insert existing attachment". Select the attachments that you want to delete, and add them to the post. Then edit that post, and delete the attachments.

... Yes, it's a bit convoluted. I can't find any other way to do it, though. :/

(Thanks, Invision.)

Goodness... convoluted and labor intensive, but if it works, I'm happy.

Thank you again!

Hello,

can somebody tell me what I've to do to change my signature?

Thank you in advance!

5 minutes ago, lincoln6echo said:

Hello,

can somebody tell me what I've to do to change my signature?

Thank you in advance!

On 12/03/2018 at 2:44 PM, Ruby Eyes said:

Top left corner where your name is, there is a little arrow right next to your name. Click that, the "Account Settings", then on the left side "Signature".

Can someone quote me and mention @Dirtytabs in a single post? I'm following this thread now and I want to see if I get a stack of notifications.

Thanks! Got just the "purpledragonclaw quoted you in a topic: How To Use The New Forum" notification.

Edited by Dirtytabs
ETATYVMPDC

Just now, Dirtytabs said:

Can someone quote me and mention @Dirtytabs in a single post? I'm following this thread now and I want to see if I get a stack of notifications.

@Dirtytabs here you go.

You would usually only get one notification per post - I think the tagging takes precedence, but I may be misremembering.

Is there someplace that has the codes for the dragon egg images? I just can't figure out how to make em so they stay eggs :(

Is there a way to find all your own posts in a long thread? Like, I know I can look at member's posts, and my own posts through my profile, but is there any way to somehow filter/search to find every post I've made in a specific thread?

Not without a word to search for, unfortunately. So unless you start signing all your posts, this forum doesn't have this specific function.

(I've tried everything about this already, especially when I faintly remember that I posted something in the TLQ but don't remember with which wording XD)

I must be missing this in the directions, but how do you add a link to a word/text via FireFox? Or do I need to use a different browser? The [url=] etc. isn't working for me, and the CTRL + Right Click isn't giving me as many options as this tutorial shows.

11 minutes ago, Wahya said:

and the CTRL + Right Click isn't giving me as many options as this tutorial shows.

You need to repeat that sometimes. This editor thingy is a bit slow. And that works only on already existing links on text.

For new links, mark the text you want to link and click the chain symbol:

image.png.ee8247a9bb0383fcfe3cd09ff37d87f0.png

If you find that the button bar doesn't display all of those options for you, you may need to expand the browser window to the side.

The bbcode works only if you produce the whole code in, say, Notepad first. If you paste anything into this editor that starts with http:// or https:// it will get autolinked and break the [url=] bit. If what you paste starts with [url= or anything else, it won't autolink and instead get interpreted properly upon submitting/saving the post.

Test:

[url=https://dragcave.net/view/QUREY]text[/url]

text

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I would like to change my signature pic and have it link to my scroll like my unicorn does. Help!