AroaraAngelwolf

Little Red Little Red

Zoey turned, acknowledging that she had heard him before leaving the tunnel. She drew her katana out, knowing that there was a creature out there more powerful than the wolf. She had to be very aware of her surroundings as she tried to quickly go back to the kind town. The entire village could be very much in trouble.

The town was in the uproar and was scrambling around. Two people and thirty sheep where killed in the night. Three crops were destroyed too. The mayor, a large muscular man with a scar over one grey eye and white blonde hair was trying to organize the chaos but to no avail. 

Zoey put the katana up before she moved through the chaos. She figured that the guy who was trying to organise the chaos would be the one most definitely listen to her. "Excuse me sir," she said, trying to gain his attention. "I found the wolf and it was trying to protect you guys from a much greater danger."

The man looked down at her blinking. "You saw the wolf? I knew he couldn't be behind this, he wouldn't destroy the crops he helped old jankens plow, or the  kill anything for sport.... let alone kill two people....  What did he say? Is he okay?" The man asked, looking almost as panicked as the people around him. 

"He's fine for right now," Zoey said. "I had to help him wrap his leg but he told me to warn you guys to keep the animals inside their pens from now on. There's something out there and if he stayed to fight it, he would have died. I told him I would be back with food and more wraps for him so he can get better." 

"Right. Anything you need get my wife, she knows what he likes. She prepares the lamb for him. Over there. " He pointed to a small woman who was handing out bread and blankets. The man then whistled shrilly. "The wolf has ordered animals be in their pens! He is not behind this! He upheld his promise to keep us safe! However he has taken damage and needs our support. Prepare any traps, Mark them with our symbol so he knows it's there. " He called over the crowd. 

Zoey nodded, moving over to the small woman. "Excuse me miss," she said politely. "But I heard that you prepare meals for the wolf that protects you. I told him that I would be back and would bring him food and more wraps for his wounds."

"Oh yes! One moment dear." She handed a loaf of bread to a passerby before rushing into a inn called wolf's call inn. After about ten minutes, she returned with a basket of food and a bag of wrappings, herbs and towels. "I've been to his den a few times. If he's that hurt, he'd go down to wash the wounds. By the bed there's a swinging panel that leads down to a underground river. He'd be there if he isn't in the house." She instructed. "Good luck with helping him wrap his wounds. He can be a little touchy. " She looked around and leaned in close. "Don't be too surprised if you go back and not find a wolf. " She whispers and shooed her away. "You better get going. It'll be sunset soon. Don't want you to get caught in the dark. Days are still short you know." 

House? Now Zoey was definitely confused as she grabbed the basket. How could a wolf live in a house? She became even more confused as the lady mentioned that she shouldn't be too surprised about not seeing a wolf upon her return. "Alright," Zoey said slowly and unsurely. "I'll be sure to treat him well." With that, Zoey turned and readjusted the basket in her hands before taking out her katana and started to walk through the woods.

The wolf left the pool, carefully shaking off the water and went back up to the room under the hill. He managed to get his head and shoulders through the hidden doorway before collapsing and shifted to a man with long white hair and tattered clothes. He looked like he was in his early twenties and bore the same wounds the wolf had. Even his hand was wrapped up in the bandage. 

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Zoey had a bit of trouble finding the entrance, but once she found it, she was extremely grateful that she wouldn't be lost in the woods. She kept replaying what the lady said to her in her head. "Hello, Mr. Wolf?" Zoey called out as she looked around. "I'm back with some bandages and food."

The man groaned. "Wolf would do.... help me up. My leg is broken." He said trying to get his face off of the floor however with a gash in his side and injured arm, he was out of energy and in too much pain to do anything more than move his eyes and mouth. 

"Oh dear!" Zoey exclaimed as she set the stuff down before going to help the man on the floor. "Um, do you want the bed or the couch?" She was now looking around for some sort of place that the man could rest easy. The phrase 'Wolf would do' echoed in her mind. Did he not mind being called a wolf?

"The bed of furs. That's my bed. Set me there please..." He said voice husky in pain. "You kept your promise. Food and bandages. And you're brave. Nice qualities in a woman one hardly finds in men and women alike these days. " He helped her by limping over to the bed and easing himself down on it. He tore off the remaining rags that was his shirt exposing the gash on his side. "First, let me stitch this up. Silk thread and a needle in the mechanical basket. I already cleaned the wound." He says wincing as he looked down at the slash. 

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

"Okay," Zoey said as she helped him move over to the bed. "Well, my dad taught me to respect other people's way of living and the villagers nearby took me in and helped me get better, even though I was a complete stranger. It's the least I could do in exchange." Zoey retrieved the stitching and needle in the medical basket. "Do you want help with it?" she asked, holding the tread and needle out for him to grab.

He shook his head and took the thread and needle threading the silk  through the eye and started sewing his side closed. He winced and gritted his teeth through out the whole thing, but made no noise in pain. Once finished he cut the thread and handed her the needle. "I need help setting my leg and my shoulder needs stitches too. I will say my name, but you shall call me wolf. Not Mr. Wolf... just wolf. Okay?" 

Zoey watched the man as he sewed up his side. "Alright Wolf," she said, moving towards him again. "Am I allowed to ask questions?" She was extremely curious if this man and the actual wolf were the same being. 

"Questions would be a welcomed distraction from the pain. " he answered. He winced when she set his leg and popped his shoulder back, sewing up the spots where the branch had pierced him. "Speak what's on your mind. There's no judgement here. I will answer them if I can, however there's some secrets I wish to keep..."