AroaraAngelwolf

Little Red Little Red

(ah fiddle sticks! So sorry!)

"Fair enough," Zoey said as she continued to patch Wolf up. "Are you a werewolf or something?" She paused, feeling like the question was too blunt. "Sorry, you don't have to answer that one. How long have you lived here? It's really cozy."

A smile played on his lips. "Straightforward is quite refreshing. However my answers may seem like riddles. I am a.... or something... that you speak. Werewolves are truly beastly creatures with all instinct and no rational even when they are human, slaves to the moon and her whims. I am what is called a Cainin. We are masters of magic. Able to change forms, shrink or grow in size and depending on our power, can combine aspects of other creatures. We are born to protect, and I am from a long line of these fae creatures. Yes, Cainin's are a type of fairy. Cainin protection is said to bring good luck, prosperity and good harvest to the places they feel the need to protect. "

He explained getting comfortable. "This place was built long before I, but my age I would like to keep it unknown. The tale of the Wolf has become legend here. My age is only something I shall reveal to my wife. Now, I smell lamb. Did Mary cook the food you brought?" 

"I see," Zoey said listening to every word he said. "This other one, the one who's threatening you guys, what is he?" There was so much to wrap her head around! She couldn't believe her ears with magic and Cainin. "What?" she asked a bit distracted. "Oh yes! Mary did cook some lamb. I'll go get it, so be right back." Getting up, she moved back to grab the basket before moving back to Wolf. 

"I don't know." He said he pulled out a hunk of cooked lamb still on the bone and inhaled it's sweet aroma he almost started to drool as he held the meat and spoke. "This creature isn't a werewolf. The moon is waxing quarter. Nor is it a caninin, we will never kill for sport, or fight each other like common dogs. It was powerful, and I am the strongest yet in my line. My blood could be traced back to the very first of my kind. No creature I've faced has ever bested me to this state of injury. It's nothing I've ever seen. If I were to put a name on it, I'd say it was a hound from the very depths of Hell. All I felt from it was rage so pure I froze momentarily. That's how it was able to jump me....." 

It was here he paused for two minutes, ripping the meat off the bone so fast he barely seemed to chew. Afterward he casually threw the bone aside in a pile hidden in the shadows behind his bed. He stiffened and then pink colored his cheeks. "Forgive my poor manners, I'm not used to company when I dine. Please accept my apology. Please, have a bite Mary always packs more than enough. The size of the basket she leaves for me just keeps growing. And I feel like I should clarify something: Caninin people always transform into some sort of wolfish or a member of the fox family. Some can become coyotes, but they are considered impure and darker than most. The things we can control are the size of our bodies, teeth sharpness, shape and length, jaw strength and such. For example, I can get as big as a grizzly with retractable claws like a puma but my main look is a white wolf. It's a lot to take in, I know but it's the least I can do for your assistance. I would have probably bled out if you hadn't shown up when you did. You have my thanks and gratitude. " He said softly taking a large roll out of the basket and bit off smaller pieces to eat politely in front of the lady. 

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Zoey nodded as she took a piece of a roll off, mulling over what Wolf said. She thought back to her travels, hearing rumors around the Smoky Mountains? Yes, she believed that was the name she was thinking of. She heard rumors of a couple traveling a dense part of the forest getting chased for miles by a big black dog. "Do you think it could be a hellhound? While once before I would have found all that stuff to be preposterous before, you're obviously real and how can I sent something in front of my own eyes?"

It was then something dawned on her. "Oh, forgive my manners, my name is Zoey," she said a bit hastily.  

"Some things are preposterous, such as dragons, mermaids, Phoenix and the Roc. " He said the last word like rook the chess piece. "It could be. I have heard of a black dog that curses people, but it isn't exactly a dog... it's like... well, a windigo. A cannibalistic monster, but... even I don't believe those are real. It attacked so fast... all I could see was a strangely built body... almost too thin and very dark fur, and a face like the skin was pulled too tight over the skull.... Ah, Zoey. Pleasure to meet you. I'm glad I finally know my savior's name. Feel free to stay here tonight. I don't want you walking back alone in the dark to the village with that creature on the prowl. When I am human, this bed is large enough for two to sleep in with a considerable amount of space between them. It might not... smell like roses and honey but I have dried lavender if you want to rub it on the fur before who sleep. "

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf