AroaraAngelwolf

Little Red Little Red

Little Red Little Red

In a town surrounded by a forest, it isn't unusual to come across a sheep or a goat tethered to a post outside  when you enter from the main road. Around the town there is a wooden gate, two horses thick and taller then the three story inn called Wolf's Moon that is the tallest building in the town. The week of the full moon, nobody is allowed to enter or leave the town during the day, and a curfew is issued once night starts to fall any day of the year. 

The reason? Ask anyone in town, from the elderly man who can barely see, to the smallest of children that could talk. They all would give you the same answer: "There is a wolf in the woods." 
However if travelers attempt to hunt it the towns folk get angry and chase them out. The wolf, they believe, protects them from evil spirits, famine, plagues and wars. So to thank it, each full moon in February they celebrate with feasting dancing and tying up a fattened ram to the post as the moon rises. This year however, has taken a nasty turn. 

You are a traveler who comes across the town. You were sick/injured and they took you in and healed you.  However when their beloved wolf appears to turn against them, you decide to repay the people by solving the mystery surrounding the wolf.  Can you get to the bottom of this without getting killed?

Roles
The "You" preferably female, a strong lead character.
The "town" would be played by me and the "you" in the story
The "wolf" by me. 
This is a one on one.

First come first serve. 

Rules:

No romance until further into the story (8 pages till starting)

Third person please

Dc rules apply

Anime pictures preferred

MUST BE VERY ACTIVE

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Is it okay if I make it tomorrow? I'm about to go to bed and I will be busy at work :|

Name: Zoey Smith

Height: 5'7" (if you need CM I'll try to look it up)

Looks: Zoey

Personality: Zoey is adventurous and enjoys life. She loves to discover things unknown and wants to delve deeper into hidden mysteries that are otherwise unsolvable.

Other: She carries a katana as a way of self defense should she need it

Edit: Sorry if it's kind of bad :| it was a long day at work

Edited by Dalek Raptor

It was mid February, snow still blanketed the ground, and a chill still bit the air. The westbound breeze made it colder as it shifted through the buildings of the town. However, when everyone else in the right mind would stay inside and by the fire on a cold windy overcast day such as this, the town wasn't in the right mind.

People bustled about. The wood cutter's family set up logs for a ban fire, while the painter and the carpenter worked on masks shaped like wolf heads. Children ran around with streamers and paper chains as mothers chased them with knitted scarves and fur caps to keep them warm. The baker bustled around with several of the town's best cooks preparing a feast as a group of farmers went out to look at the years goats to choose the fattest of the bunch. It was early afternoon, the sun was high but provided no warmth, shadows steadily growing as it started to set early. 

At the inn, where the guests stayed, all was quiet. The Wolf's Moon seemed untouched by the festivities going on, or rather, everyone seemed to avoid it. The owner of the wolf's moon was a massive burly man with cream colored hair and a grey beard on his chin. He could have been a blacksmith but the inn was family business. The man's grey eye looked out for any guest that dare try to mess with this busy time, the other was dead, filmy white and a large scar curved down his cheek. 

The inn itself was beautiful. Murals of a white wolf covered the walls that wasn't wooden or carved with wolf tracks. Shields hung on the beams and a few columns supporting the roof beams where intricately carved with pictures of a wolf pack, men, and the moon, as if telling an ancient story from the earth to the heavens. 

The man was simply known as Dominic West. Dominic was not only the owner, but the mayor, guard and doctor of the town. His wife, Ray a petite dark haired plump woman was the cook of the establishment. 

The gate was open on both ends of town as everyone got set up for the festivities at sundown soon.

Zoey gasped as she leaned against one of the trees. Her vision swayed in front of her and she was forced to close her eyes. If only she can make it into the next town! Pausing, she wondered where the next town was. Pulling her coat tightly against her body, she continued to move forward, trying to recall where the town was located.

Her stomach gurgled hungrily as she smelled food. Was this part of her being sick? Or did she actually find the town purely on accident? Eager to get some rest, Zoey started to move faster, only to find her vision was swaying once again making her end up face first in the snow as she tripped over a hidden rock, letting out a small yelp in the process. She knew she should have packed some cold medicine, but then again, she hardly ever gotten sick. Groaning, Zoey tried to get back up, moving her hands underneath her to help support herself.

Two boys out playing heard her and after investigating the sound, the eldest went to help her up as the younger one ran for an adult. She was by the sheep farm a  mile out of town, although it was hidden in the thick forest and serpentine road. 

"Miss?" The young boy said, not quite fourteen yet. "I sent my brother to get papa, I'll help you to our cabin. It isn't far from here. " He says softly helping her to her feet and hooking one of her arms over his shoulders to support her as they walked slowly down a narrow path towards a small wooden cabin camouflaged by pine branches.  He pushed open the door and the boy's mother came to see who it was. "Oh my! A traveler on a day such as this, get her in quickly Avery, over by the fire... oh dear, here's a blanket. Avery, go fetch the doctor.." she ordered her son as she practically swaddled the woman in a thick quilt helping her to a rocking chair by the hearth with a basket of knitting beside it. 

Zoey tried to focus her attention to the boy as he spoke to her. She let out a cough before trying to speak. "Thank you," she said, her voice hoarse as be helped her up and slowly walked to a cabin. She had to rely on this stranger as they walked, her vision not focusing correctly and was forced to shut her eyes. Her feverish state cause her to become confused as how she got into the cabin but she found herself wrapped in a quilt and was sitting down in a rocking chair. "W-where a-am I?" she asked tiredly.

"Just outside of Wolf Wood. "The woman said softly pressing her hand on Zoey's forehead and cheeks to see if she had a fever. "My son is fetching a doctor to take a look at you. Do you have any symptoms? Tell them to me so I can relay it to doctor west..." 

Wolf Wood? Zoey relaxed slightly, recalling it on her map slightly. So she was close to the town after all. "I have a sore throat," she rasped out. "I feel feverish and my vision isn't focused at all."

"Sounds like a cold. Not uncommon in this weather..." she said. She scuffles about the cabin as she prepares a hot tea. A heavy knock sounded and she opened it letting in the massive man that was the town's mayor and doctor. He brought his medical bag with him, an a pair of round spectacles that sat on his crooked nose. He walked in two steps and was at the chair, kneeling in front of the woman. 

His voice was a deep rumble. His one good eye, so grey it appeared nearly frost blue. "I am Dr. West, let me take a look at you miss, then I'll assess whether you should be moved or not." He rumbled pulling out a few simple tools to examine her with. 

Zoey nodded slightly as she started to fall asleep, before jumping in shock at the heavy knock on the door. She tried to focus on the man who was coming in. "Okay," she rasped out slight after listening to him speak. She felt rather uncomfortable being in a town with a doctor she didn't know observing her. 

He looked at her eye, then in her mouth, then took her temperature after warming his thermometer to room temperature. "She says she felt feverish and her eyes can't focus on things." the woman offered the doctor as he took out the thermometer and squinted at the temperature. "You shouldn't move miss." He rumbled. "Not until your fever dies down. Can she say here for tonight Margaret? Then you can move into the town. I have herbs for a fever with me..." He pulled out a pouch of dried herbs as the woman nodded to his question. "Make this into a tea and have her drink a cup now, and one at nightfall. Her temperature should be normal by dawn tomorrow." He instructed the woman. "Do you mind staying here for the night miss?" He asked her gently.

Zoey had drifted off again, barely able to hear anything the doctor was saying, barely nodding when he said she shouldn't move.  She forced herself awake as the doctor talked about herbs and tea. "Not like I have much of a choice," she said, weakly smiling at him. 

He chuckled softly. "No not really. Sleep well miss, I'll check on you in the morning. " He said patting her shoulder softly and headed back to town. Margaret had strained the water through the herbs given to her to make the tea and handed her a earthenware cup. "Drink up dear, and I'll prepare a bed for you." She said and started pulling out an old mat covering it with wool and blankets to keep her warm, and adding a wool stuffed pillow. 

"Okay," she rasped out, looking around once again very tiredly. She looked up when the kind woman offered her a cup and she grabbed it, sipping on it softly. "Thank you," Zoey said. "I really appreciate your kindness."

Zoey nodded, sipping the tea a bit more, relaxing more as she sat back comfortable in the chair. She knew she needed rest, but she needed to finish the tea and herbs first before she could. 

The woman set about to make dinner, preparing the meat, herbs and vegetables by cutting and diceing them. She hummed as she worked, her two boys coming and going out of the house, telling her information about the festivities going on, bringing berries and winter flowers and such. 

Halfway done with the tea, Zoey set the cup aside. She slowly got up and moved to the bed, trying to focus her vision on it without stumbling around. Grateful that she made it, Zoey snuggled up into the mat, falling asleep after getting comfortable.

The woman woke her at dusk so she could sip some broth before letting her sleep until morning. It was then chaos ensued. the eldest son ran in, white faced and panicked as the smell of breakfast wafted through the air. "Ma! The sheep! The sheep are dead!" He said painting,  hand on his knees as he tried to get his breath again. That's supposed to happen dear, the wolf gets the ram tethered to the post." She said nonchalantly cutting up a loaf of bread. The boy shook his head. "N-no, not only did it get that one... but all the sheep in our herd!" "What?!" The woman exclaimed dripping the knife to the wooden floor with a clatter.

Zoey, who was sipped on some broth the night before, was feeling much better in the morning. She looked up in alarm as the eldest son came in yelling that the sheep were dead, the kind woman being nonchalant about it. She opened her mouth to question about the wolf before the son said that all the sheep in their heard were dead. "Sorry to intrude," Zoey said. "But what wolf?"