Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Low-key_Loki

Some Questions

Hi, I just joined like two weeks ago and I haven't been able to post on the forum until just now, and now I can post but only in 'introduce yourself'. I know this should be in the help section or 'tiny little questions', but I'm not allowed to post anywhere else ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

First of all, I have a female tarantula hawk drake (full grown) that can't breed with any of my males. Is that because it can only breed wth other 'drakes'? (Same with pygmy dragons I'm guessing)

Second question: what does it mean when it says '(Please note that it is against the site rules to give aid to a user without their permission.)'? What is 'giving aid' and how is that against site rules?

One more thing: why don't I have permission to view any posts? If I log out of forums I can look at them just fine. 

Thank you peeps :)

Hi! Welcome to DC! After you post in the intro forums, the rest of the forums should open up to you. :) 

Second, yes, you're right! Drakes (Terantula Hawk, Greater Spotted, Day Glories & Night Glories, Ochredrakes, Glaucus Drakes, Howler Drakes, and Morphodrakes, and Honey Drakes) can breed with only each other. Same goes for Pygmies. 

Third, the "Don't give aid" is how you hatch eggs. You put them into hatcheries like Allure of NDs, and they gain tons of views. Putting them in too early will result in their getting sick. It's against the rules to add another persons' eggs or entire scroll into a hatchery without the other person's permission.

I hope this helps!

Welcome to DC! 

To follow up on Earth Girl's reply, most of the hatcheries (that I know of) don't require anyone to set up accounts to add their dragons to the hatching service. This means anyone and everyone can input usernames into a hatchery and add those users' eggs or hatchies, for nefarious purposes as well as for honorable ones. 

In short, don't put others' eggs in hatcheries unless they give you permission.

Welcome to DC!

I hope you enjoy the forums. ^^

I just wanted to add on to the answers you got a bit.

We also have two-headed dragons that can only breed with other two-headed dragons.

Aid means to "give help", which while raising eggs means "give views". If someone gives you their egg to view, that's fine. If someone asks you to add them to a fansite for you, that's fine. But if you randomly come across a scroll and you want to help them out, you need to ask before helping their dragons get views, if their page says "not accepting aid". You can change your own aid settings in your Account Settings. There's also a variety of other options there (such as displaying your username) that you might want to check out and toggle as you wish. =)

Hello and welcome to the game :D