Obscure_Trash

Your DC To-Do List

Inspired by a similar thread in GD and because I'm curious...

What are things that you need/want to be doing on DC but are procrastinating?

Ex. I need to: finish renaming my 2017 olives (actually working on but got cut off by maintenance), sort my olives by date (which involves manually checking the date because I go by date they grew up - and I've like 60 some pending???), and work on creating some groups (purebred lineages, checkers, codes, described dragons... I haven't done any)? And I really, really need to do that sorting to get my growing dragons back at the top of my scroll so I can actually see them!

I've also been meaning to hunt another pink and yellow zyu so I can try to summon a fourth sino (and a male, finally), but I keep getting distracted by other pickings. >_e

So what long-term and/or short-term things are you putting off doing in the cave?

I need to get around to naming my Scimitars.  They're the only breed without names right now. 

I need to 'set/test-breed' a list of holiday-kin mates. 

I need to make a bunch of requests in SROGG/holiday-kin trading but have been shy to do so.

I need to raise more BSAs thanks to the eighth slot, and more of various commons for future breeding projects.  But I always seem to have 'better' things to do with my egg slots...

I should probably make more groups, but I can't think of starting any that wouldn't turn into a hundred different groups once I got going.

And I should start being more active in trading for Papers again.

Edited by Gryphonic

I need to work on 2nd gen PB Black/Vine/Undine alts.

I need to work on my Speckle-Throat Mod project.

I need to check the whole scroll for special codes of dragons.

I need to look for more 3rd gen Thuwed/Spriter's Alts offsprings.

I need to get me more Reds, Magis, Aeons and Pinks.

I need to hoard more Cheeses.

3 hours ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

And I really, really need to do that sorting to get my growing dragons back at the top of my scroll so I can actually see them!

LOL me, too!

Also, naming things that aren't special codes ...

Grouping dragons, e.g. for Prizekin (that's something breed sort won't show you!), holidays with and without mates, etc.

And then there are probably a bunch of started-but-never-finished lineages I should work on or at least put into a TODO group :lol:

I need to get more xenowyrms for a Lineague I'm working on 

Also need to capture more zyus so I can summon more sinos ^o^

also one day I'd like to make a purebred Silver lineague, but I don't think that'll be happening anytime soon haha

Edited by KildyKat

First off I need to name a ton of dragons. 

Then I need to get around to at least TRYING for a neglected.  Been here since 08 and still have no neglecteds.

Numerous lineage projects I had planned, but am too lazy to continue with.  Though I admit that I find breeding a pain and is one reason why I put them off.

• Check my scroll for all the awesome lineages, and separate them from all the average/meh stuff. - in progress
  • Collect more CBs of basically everything, even if I don't really like the breed. - in progress
  • Get as many 2gs from spriter alts and CB Prizes as humanly possible. - in progress
  • Name things, mainly CBs and other important dragons. - ??? in progress I guess
  • Remake my dragon request projects. - on hold
  • Start spriting my Halloween concepts before it's suddenly October! >< - on hold/cancelled/not sure. Reasons.
Edited by Orchi'dea

• Collect CBs of everything in case of spontaneous lineage ideas
  • Collect messy eggs to freeze
  • Come up with a way to name all my dragons that's both organized and not comprised entirely of tags

Yeah, that's a good list of things I'm far too lazy to do :P 

Edited by Luxrayx

• Get the last 99 CB dragons to accomplish my goal of having a male and female of every type.
  • Find mates for all of my Prizekins and Prize checkers
  • Find mates for my 40+ Metal checkers
  • Find mates for my hundreds of holiday checkers (which I'm not looking forward to counting)
  • Get a 2G of every Prize variant (need Gold Tinsel, Bronze Tinsel, and Silver Shimmer)
  • Complete my Zombie set

I have a lot of work to do :lol:

I need to name dragons, get more mints, get more BSA dragons, come up with an actual way to sort, dig up lineages that I want to continue...

~ Aleoleo's To-Do-List ~

...kept updated and designed to help me Procrastinate Less

• name my remaining unnamed dragons (only 164 to go now! yay) done!
  • start working again on my scroll goals, especially regarding frozen hatchies and hybrids done! (for now...)
  • start some lineage projects with pygmies/drakes/2-heads did 3 Pygmy checkers, I'm considering this done
  • work on my groups on hold until there's a way to add dragons in scroll order
  • add all my remaining checkers to the Checker Database Center done!
  • seriously try to get a Neglected. 1 attempt in 7 years does not count. changed my mind
  • expunge all my Zombies because with so many variants and such a low success rate those are just no fun anymore done!
  • stop trying out new projects/start new lines, and try to finish some for a change!? I've been very good. I actually finished a few lines.
  • add my Christmas lines to the Christmas Lineage Aid Center... but I'm so tired done!
  • same as above but for Valentine's done!

Holly....... this actually works. :huh:

Edited by Aleoleo

• Breed more (though I just started to do that this week... well I guess this can stand for 'continuing to breed' as well)
  • Finish naming my non-Elemental Lineage dragons, something I keep working on here and there but never seem to finish
  • Does getting organized about what I collect count? Because I keep bouncing around about what I want to do next, haha.
  • Go through, find all my checkers, and restart my Rainbow Checkers project properly.
  • Restart all my personal lineage projects, including Chocolate Mint and the abandoned Prism Project.
  • Collect more zombie fodder so I'll be ready on the 31st
  • Maaaybe try for a Neglected, I would really love to have some on my scroll.

Yeah, after reviewing my checklists I think I need to prioritize what to collect most of all. If I can knock a few of my scroll goals out by concentrating on a specific group of dragons first, that will help.

I think I'm going to start by gathering up the dragons that produce hybrids. 20 dragons is better than... what are we up to now, 200? Something like that anyway.

Edited by silver_tiger

• Collect CB commons and uncommons for scroll goals.
  • Build up my CB BSA dragon army.
  • Get 3 Golds and finish obtaining 2G prize goals.
  • Obtain Neglected dragon goals.
  • Focus on breeding projects.
  • Freeze hatchies

I'd like to start working on comprehensive lore for the dragons on my scroll. I used to headcanon that they all lived together on one island, but that's pretty ridiculous and doesn't leave any room for other ideas I have about specific dragons. It also relied heavily on the idea that a human brought them all together, but I've since abandoned that idea and prefer to think that they live on their own without me, the scroll owner, being some sort of weird immortal protagonist and keeping track of them all. So I need to get all of that in order, and once that's done... well, eventually I'd love to have all of them described, but I've got upwards of 1,000 undescribed dragons so I don't think that's ever going to happen. At some point I'm going to try to get into the habit of writing at least 3 descriptions a day, but I keep putting it off.

Another thing I want to start doing but keep postponing: ND experiments. NDs have always been one of my favorite concepts and I'd love to have some on my scroll, but currently lineage projects have been taking center stage.

Aside from that, I used to want to have a male and a female of each breed, along with a frozen hatchling of every stage. Have since abandoned that goal and now just want a CB male/female of each.

Oh, and of course, finish my lineage projects. They're the biggest reason I have to keep playing, and I love seeing the progress that can be made over time.

• Finish sorting CBs
  • Make a list of what I don't have
  • Get the rest of the CBs & frozen hatchlings I need

Sounds easy enough but its gonna be such a pain.

1 hour ago, Confused Cat said:
  • Make a to do list

LOL awesome XD

• I have to name and/or sort about 600 dragons. I've been gradually getting more and more behind... I have my scroll sorted by breed, but new dragons stay in the front and don't get put in with the others until they are both named and entered into my spreadsheets. At this point the first page and part of the second are all unsorted, and it's such a mess that I've been hiding the adults on my scroll until I get caught up. Well, now that I've publicly admitted it, I'll unhide them. http://dragcave.net/user/Tecca Maybe it will motivate me to work on it. :rolleyes:
  • I mean to get/breed mates for all of my un-messy non-CB dragons, as best I can.
  • I still don't have a male Neglected. I can't make them myself, so I'll have to trade for one.
  • All this time on DC and I still don't have a red or blue Striped dragon on my scroll. Been meaning to get/breed a 2G PB of each.
Edited by Tecca

Oh man, so much stuff...

• Name my un-named scroll-goal CBs (way too many w/out names)
  • Go through ALL my Prizes and Holidays so that I know which have mates and which need mates - and then find/breed mates for the singletons!
  • Go through all my random even-gens to see whether I can pair any up
  • Better organise lineages I'm working on (into groups, probably)
  • Sort my stairstep Prizes so I know what I have
  • Release anything I am simply not interested in breeding from or having on my scroll as ornamentation
  • Start breeding my CB code dragons into lineages
  • Maybe actually finish some of the lineages I've been working on!

I have a bad habit of abandoning/changing projects midway through, but here is some stuff I really should be concentrating on.

• Name all unnamed dragons (at the moment only about 20-30, but I keep putting it off...)
  • Put newest dragons (about 3 weeks worth) into groups
  • Obtain more Prizes. I was trying to concentrate on breeding more, but I keep breeding new-releases instead.
  • Get the ONE more Silver that I need for my scroll-goal!
  • Summon two more Sinos
  • Get more Zyumorphs so I can summon more Sinos

• Needs a Thunder Dragon (I've got the other 2) so I can try to summon a Guardian of Nature

• Really wants to work on perfect and beautiful lineages

• Has to finish naming the remaining almost 400 dragons 🙄

• Started a new project/ grouping the 117 breeds I've got so far...

• I want the ungendered and male/female gendered hatchlings for all breeds, as well as of course making sure I've got both gendered adults too (looong work in progress)

• I want a Neglected but don't know when I can attempt that, I'd need to do a lot more research first lol

• Needs to go back through all dragon codes to make sure I didn't cover up a neat one 😫

I know there's more but can't think of it...

• Obtain a CB of all the xenomorphs
  • Name all of my luminas
  • Name the rest of my dragons
  • obtain more cb light luminas
  • mass breed my luminas

I have really fallen behind lately on some of those (specifically the last one).

• Name/Rename all my dragons with a separate theme for every breed (I think I'm 1/3 done)
  • Finish my lineage projects
  • Obtain all holiday mates
  • Get one more 2G Holiday Spriter Alt
  • Win a Prize in a Rafle (lol right)
  • Get back to making Neglecteds

Let's see...

• Finish sorting/naming dragons, especially the Valentines ones. 
  • Complete my pb black lineage. 
  • Start the pb vine lineage.
  • Work on obtaining zombies and neglecteds. I may have to trade for the latter.
  • Construct a breeding list, especially for holiday pairs. 
  • Collect low-gen/2nd gen prizes/prizekin.

• Name and rename all my dragons to fit my current weird naming scheme
  • Figure out what my old lineage projects were supposed to be and write them down this time
  • Reach my goal of having at least 10 cbs of each dragon (5 pairs)
  • Breed more hybrids or any I don't even have yet
  • Find mates for my holidays or breed my own
  • Get a frozen hatchling in each stage and gender for each breed of dragon
  • Catch more chickens and name them in honour of all the chickens I've had and currently have.
  • Find the remaining color of dinos so they can be a family at last!! 
  • Talk to someone willing to explain how neglecteds work so I can try for one myself