Gruff

Are rare eggs too rare.

I'm not even sure the ratios are all that better than a set rarity anymore, at least not without an overhaul to even things out. Sure they make the rarity more dynamic on paper but in practice all it really does is punish players for the actions of others. I get that in nature overpopulation leads to less breeding and taking eggs from the wild means less wild things to take later and bla bla bla bla nature and all, but man does it do more harm than good from what I can see.

People not taking a dragon no one really likes? Enjoy it spawning all the time and sitting forever because no one wants it, devaluing it even further.

People taking too much of a dragon everyone likes? Enjoy never seeing it because it's so overpopulated and overpriced that getting one is nearly impossible.

It lowers the demand for the breeds that need higher demand and raises demand for the breeds that already have issues with excess demand.

Edited by blockEdragon

While I don't really have an issue with rarity personally (as in, it doesn't make it harder for me to get what I personally want), I do see that there is an issue. A long time ago there was a lot of discussion about CB vs bred and how the ratios don't take the difference into account, so people breeding 50 messy-lineaged Silvers will make them show up less in the biomes where they are probably a lot more wanted. Ratios in general have kind of always been a vague mystery that TJ seems to have no intention of explaining, but it seems like a lot of the issues could be lessened if there were separate CB and bred ratios. If breeding a rare didn't affect it appearing in the biomes, and appearing in the biomes didn't affect the chance of a successful breeding. 

Everything except the 'true' rares, Golds and Silvers, I see in the biomes at least a couple times a week... I see Xenos, Blusangs, Zyus, all the Trios, even Coppers though not as often as the others. But Silvers I *maybe* see one every couple months, and in the past 5 *years* I've seen less then 15 Golds. That does seem a little *too* rare.

I was lucky enough to get my golds when the breed first came out, and honestly I'm starting to think that's the way to go (if you're like me and want a pair of CBs of each breed on your scroll...guess I shot myself in the foot there lol).  I think I've seen a grand total of one silver in the year I've been active again - they came out after I dropped off - and I'm not even sure about that, it was gone so fast.  CB rares are next to impossible to get in trade unless you have 2G prizes/prizekin or something equally specific.

It's a little maddening.

Mind you, I'm happy with the nifty draggos I get in trades for my free-to-good-homes.  They're usually low-gen lineages I can add on to, and that's fine =p

12 hours ago, Alrexwolf said:

There's one color of copper that I've only got one cb of, and I wish I had more. I don't know what its name is - whatever one from the desert.

Volcano and Desert have brown ones ("Liver of Sulfur")