Sign in to follow this  
Madeira

Can two dragons...

Ever produce a breed of dragon that isn't the same as either of the parents and isn't one of the hybrid breeds (E.G. Two greens breed and randomly produce a Stone Dragon).  I haven't been able to find an answer to this question?  And if so what combinations are likely to do that/and what results?  (If not I think this would be a cool feature to add because it would allow for interesting breeding stuff to happen without forcing the sprite artists to go through the rigmarole of  creating hybrid sprites for every possible pairing)

Sinomorphs can breed Zyus, no Sinomorph.

Ultraviolets can randomly throw a Spitfire.

Xenowyrms can breed each other, mostly depending on the mate's biome if available.

Also, this question would have been better suited in the Help section ;)

Usually not, but there are a few exceptions.

• Geodes. They aren't technically hybrids, but variants, and can be produced from pebble x pebble, stone x stone and stone x pebble parents. Since Geodes look rather stone-like, that's probably what you were talking about.
  • Colored Stripes. You already know that colored Stripes don't come from the cave, but need to be bred, right?
  • Sunrise/Sunset Dragons, Dayglory/Nightglory Drakes, Seasonals (all), Lunar Heralds (all), light/dark Luminas, Firegems: Depending on when you breed them or when the egg is hatched (Sunrise/Sunset), you can get a different version of the sibling breeds. So, you could breed two Sunrise Dragons and have the offspring be a Sunset.
  • GoN/Avatars: Guardians of Nature can only breed eggs of the other parent's type - or one of the three Avatars (Change, Creation, Destruction). The Avatars, in turn, can occasionally be bred to produce a different Avatar.
  • Sinomorphs: They're a lot like GoNs and can either breed to produce the other parent's breed or a Zyumorph of any kind. I don't know yet if Zyumorphs act like Xenowyrms (as in that they're able to breed eggs of other Zyumorph types), but it's something we should watch out for.
  • Xenowyrms. Even if you try a PB Xenowyrm (Gaia x Gaia, for example), you can end up with a different kind of Xeno egg (like Pyro).
  • Arias (formerly "Bright Pinks") can randomly breed BSA Pinks (pale Pinks).
  • Each dragon can be turned into a Vampire, Neglected or Zombie - at least in theory.
  • And, yes, Ultraviolets. I totally forgot about those. Even though they are hybrids, they are able to create throwbacks in the form of Spitfires.

I hope I got them all...

Actually olympe, you got the fire gems wrong. Fire Gems rotate hourly so if you breed blue with blue say, 1 PM DC Time, you'll end up with a red fire gem. In that same hour, you can also pick up red fire gems from the cave. 

Red: 1, 4, 7, 10

Green: 2, 5, 8, 11

Blue: 3, 6, 9, 12

Coppers. If you breed a male cb Copper to a non-copper cb female picked up in a different biome than his any copper egg produced will be of the color produced in the female's biome. Example: breed a Liver of Sulfur male to a Striped female (forest biome) and you'll get a Rainbow Copper egg if you get a Copper egg.

Not sure if Coppers and Fire Gems really constitute as different breed, considering they share a single Encyclopedia page for the whole group each.

Same with Stripeds, Gemshards, Nebulae ...

You need to bite an egg from the i think it is called standard breeding group. You cannot bite Pygmies, Two-headeds and Drakes!

13 hours ago, Dalek Raptor said:

Actually olympe, you got the fire gems wrong. Fire Gems rotate hourly so if you breed blue with blue say, 1 PM DC Time, you'll end up with a red fire gem. In that same hour, you can also pick up red fire gems from the cave. 

Red: 1, 4, 7, 10

Green: 2, 5, 8, 11

Blue: 3, 6, 9, 12

So, which part of "Depending on when you breed them or when the egg is hatched (Sunrise/Sunset), you can get a different version of the sibling breeds." is wrong? Yes, I know you can get them in the cave, too - but the question was about breeding.

And, yes, I only added the Firegems because they've got the same kind of mechanism (time-based) going as the actual sibling/cousin breeds I mentioned in the category. And stripes are indeed superfluous.

I'm not trying to start an argument. But you said when the egg is hatched, not bred

5 hours ago, Dalek Raptor said:

I'm not trying to start an argument. But you said when the egg is hatched, not bred

Actually, they said: "Depending on when you breed them or when the egg is hatched (Sunrise/Sunset), you can get a different version of the sibling breeds" The "when the egg is hatched (Sunrise/Sunset" implies that only suns depend on hatching, while all the others depend on time of breeding. You two are saying the same exact thing, just in a different way.

In any case, I think we might have actually over-explained Madeira's question here. =o

Oh, I misread that completely, I got confused. My apologies olympe

Sign in to follow this