Sign in to follow this  
Thaelasan

ANSWERED:No Images in Signatures?

I was going to check my signature (since all these new changes have thrown a tempest at me that I didn't expect before going to work today) and it says images are not allowed under restrictions.

I'm not comfortable with most of the changes, but I can adapt. However, call it silly if you want, but IMAGES? Did someone abuse the system or is this a result of the new changes causing lag for the forums already? What does this mean for gifs? 

I don't remember images ever being restricted from signatures in all my time being here. Did something change? 

My signature is completely blank amd I had both images and links to other sites. I don't even know what all of the changes are since this is my first time on since the update  was done.

If you read the news post signatures are going to take time to process :

Signatures are still processing, and may appear as "_" until the processing completes. Feel free to update your profile with a new signature, though doing so will prevent your old signature from returning.

I tried to do that. I got (from one single short line of text) : Your chosen signature does not meet the guidelines.  It said it spans too many lines.. So I ASSUME mine is still in there please lord.

hopefully it doesn't force me to alter mine. I can remove a few things to declutter it, but the gifs I had and the link to a daily theme need to stay. 

Most of my signature consists of images. I hope that whatever processing is going on is the cause of not being able to upload images.

My signature was just a link to my scroll, and now it is gone.

3 minutes ago, Emerys1123 said:

My signature was just a link to my scroll, and now it is gone.

Signatures have not yet finished processing:

~

As for images not being allowed, I am hoping that will work itself out once signatures have finished processing, but I haven't heard from TJ regarding that. I'll be keeping an eye out on this. ^^

Actually I got this error when mine exploded this morning. It was there, showing all my stuff, images included but spacing it was a mistake. I just had to wipe all of it. Dx I can get pretty much everything but one thing back but that one is out of my hands, sadly. The other depends on having a site work for me. XD

Existing signatures that had images in them are being returned with the images still in place. "No images in signatures" seems like a weird rule to suddenly put in place without mentioning it in a news post or anything, and since people are still retaining images in their old signatures, I'm not too worried about being able to re-add images once the processing is complete.

I'm going to go ahead and hide some messages, as this topic is beginning to get a bit derailed. Please remember this is a help thread about not being able to put images in sigs, not a comment thread or general questions thread. ^^

Well I mean as long as you don't yell at me, Sock, for having the gifs I have or will have, I guess this question is answered. Thank you for checking in to it.