TJ09

2017-07-02 - Forum Updates

Ok, after a number of failed logins, I'm signed in again, phew!

The new design looks cool, but some things will take time to get used to (like the page layout with next to no left margin).

Oh, and is there a way to disable sounds when new messages are posted?

ETA: I checked under "Options", there is no way to delete a post (just "Hide", as mentioned above)

Edited by walkinslow
Tested options

Click on the notifications icon at the top, the box has a link to the notification settings. Look for "Play a sound when I receive a notification" on that page.

1 minute ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Click on the notifications icon at the top, the box has a link to the notification settings. Look for "Play a sound when I receive a notification" on that page.

Aaahhh, found it, thank you!

I'll be patient, but I'm really hoping my signature, personal notes and profile information come back at some point in the next day or so.  I would re-do at least part of my signature...if I could find where to do it.  I know my Mom, Syryn, is freaking without her profile info and notes as she had a great deal of important information stored there.  Mine isn't that big an issue, but I already miss the link to my Spriter's Alt Google Doc I had in my signature.  Plus I have a gift hatchling getting older by the minute whose teleport link was in my signature (trying an idea I got from Dirtytabs that hasn't been working well for me) and I would really like to put in the new one.

Overall, the update is nice and I'm sure we will all get used to it.  I've had 2 other websites/games I frequent do major updates so what is one more upheaval to my little world! LOL!

I really hope we can at least get read access to our old notes ...

Yikes... There's a lot about this update I really don't like. Gonna need to play around with it a bit I suppose :/

> Will we be getting other skins? I miss the spring one.

> Will the user notes section return? I had DR notes in there ;___;

> What will PM box size be?

> Will images be allowed in sigs?

When does the "about me" section show up in our profiles? I moved all of my important trade info there to make it less cluttered than in "interests" and it's not showing up for me. 

I hope we will have more options for the theme for this forum in the future. I am waiting for my signature to return. I mean we used to have those useful cycler images with a link for Lunar Heralds and Fire Gems... Links to more or less popular breeding project here on the forum...

I also woul like to know the limit for my inbox. I always had to clean my inbox and so that information is very important for me. ;)

I general i like the new design. I think the places for the buttons are very similar to the old Sprink skin for the forum.

8 minutes ago, AngelsSin said:

Why is it some people have images in their sig. but I can't have any, plus all my info from my notes and sig are all gone. Also mail that was long deleted is now all back. Can't delete old posts myself either. Not sure I like this new update

Signatures are supposed to take a while to come back. To delete your old posts I believe you need to access the options button on your post to find the appropriate function to delete it.

10 minutes ago, AngelsSin said:

Why is it some people have images in their sig. but I can't have any, plus all my info from my notes and sig are all gone. Also mail that was long deleted is now all back.

It looks like signatures and PMs are still processing (see the first post), so hopefully these are issues that will work themselves out once those are finished.

Gonna try to get used to this new layout; looks a lot cleaner, though I miss the old blue theme. Anyway, I mainly like that it seems that we can know when someone responds/quotes us and FINALLY ping people. ^^

It will be nice once the signatures work out. I tried editing mine, but it got all weird. :/

Is there a way to set our online activity to "invisible"?

Edited by Natakiro

Aww yiss this new forum software is the same as the one my other favorite forum uses. Getting used to this will be quite simple for me personally.

Hm... I'm not very fond of the new theme (I know it was released a while back, but I stuck with the old theme because I liked the layout a lot more), but the much-needed security and code updates are great, even though I can't really tell the difference! XD I'm giving it a couple of days to grow used to the new layout before suggesting any changes (there are a few things from the old layout/theme that I would like to come back), but I anticipate things being fixed quite quickly. There are some things that I like about the new theme too, like how the site tells you if someone has posted before you did so you don't have to refresh the entire page (hi Nirami! :P) which is wonderful. I also like the cleaner look of the New Topic page and how posts can be edited on the page instead of taking you to a new one. Still though, I plan on making a new Suggestions topic soon for all of the little fiddly-bits that could make the forums a little nicer; at the moment though they are very functional and seem to run smoother than they did before!

I don't mind or perhaps I even like the new features this forum has, especially the pop up things, but I'd really like being able to log in on multiple devices soon. In general thanks for all the time you've had to spend on this TJ.

15 minutes ago, AngelsSin said:

The only choice under the  option button is Hide.

It looks like only mods can delete, but hiding your post will hide it from other users, as if you deleted it.

14 minutes ago, Natakiro said:

Is there a way to set our online activity to "invisible"?

Yes, when you log in. You will see that you're online, but other users will not be able to see you AFAIK.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Updating 10 yr old software to state of the art.... Its impressive that its just this many bugs! XD

The forced 1.5 spacing on posts is driving me BONKERS, but other than that.... I'm going to wait for hte bugs to be exterminated. 

Cheers!
C4. 

1 minute ago, cyradis4 said:

The forced 1.5 spacing on posts is driving me BONKERS, but other than that.... I'm going to wait for hte bugs to be exterminated. 

Cheers!
C4. 

If you shift+enter, you can get smaller spacing.
Ta-da. ^^

1 minute ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

Ta-da. ^^

Aaaaaah...... 
Soooo much better!

Thanks!
C4. 

2 minutes ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

Ta-da. ^^

Is there a way to do it on mobile? Or am I going to be forever stuck with double spacing?

Just now, AngelsSin said:

I've tried to sign in invisible several times but each time I'm still visible

You'll be able to see yourself, but other people won't be able to see you online

17 minutes ago, Dalek Raptor said:

Is there a way to do it on mobile? Or am I going to be forever stuck with double spacing?

I googled around, but don't see a way to soft return on mobile, no. If it really bothers you that much, you could copy a post with the formatting you want and then replace the text? One heck of a workaround, though, sorry. </3

~

For people who mentioned only being able to log into one device, I just logged into my phone to see about soft returns myself on mobile, and I just stayed logged in on the forum. =o

i'm glad the avatars have returned, but i'm hoping all the stuff in my sig will be visible soon. some still don't, though some have theirs, but mine hasn't reappeared yet.

the white background really hurts my eyes, so i'm hoping we will be able to change the skin soon. otherwise i won't be able to be here much.

happy i can actually get pages to load today, yay.

2 minutes ago, greycat said:

i'm glad the avatars have returned, but i'm hoping all the stuff in my sig will be visible soon. some still don't, though some have theirs, but mine hasn't reappeared yet.

the white background really hurts my eyes, so i'm hoping we will be able to change the skin soon. otherwise i won't be able to be here much.

happy i can actually get pages to load today, yay.

At the bottom of each page, there's a thing called theme and you can change it to a pretty Default blue instead of the default DC Skin