TJ09

2017-07-02 - Forum Updates

6 minutes ago, DragonNeko said:

Why did that change?? So if I go and hide the two posts I wanted to delete, will the mods do it for me?

No, probably not.

Deleting breaks conversations and makes moderating difficult. If someone gets warned for being rude, then deletes their post and goes to dispute the warn (which has happened a number of times), then the evidence is now gone. Hiding, from your perspective, is identical, except it leaves behind just enough breadcrumbs for the mods to do their job. Hidden posts can only be seen by mods (I don't believe you even see your own hidden posts), so the experience from your side is unchanged.

This has been happening with threads for years (i.e. threads aren't deleted, just hidden), but now the software allows doing the same for posts.

The fact that there is no button to take you up to the beginning of a page annoys me. >>

On 7/10/2017 at 8:35 AM, fuzzbucket said:

I wish there were a better layout to view messages. A tiny box with half a dozen at the side of the page really doesn't cut it.

One of my biggest frustrations.

Also, can the about me profile section be made visible to everybody?

On 7/10/2017 at 8:35 AM, fuzzbucket said:

I wish there were a better layout to view messages. A tiny box with half a dozen at the side of the page really doesn't cut it.

I'm having this problem too. I can't keep track of my messages, to see who I owe what to and whatnot. Please, we could use more real estate for PMs!

Cheers!
C4. 

8 hours ago, deja said:

The fact that there is no button to take you up to the beginning of a page annoys me. >>

You can use a keyboard shortcut to do that. Home or shift+home on Windows, I believe, and command+up arrow on Mac.

11 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Also, can the about me profile section be made visible to everybody?

There's nothing about the field that is set to private; its settings are identical to the "Interest" field, so not that I'm aware of.

I might as well just turn it off, instead.

25 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

There's nothing about the field that is set to private; its settings are identical to the "Interest" field, so not that I'm aware of.

I might as well just turn it off, instead.

Unless you changed something, it was invisible when I tried it last. I wanted to move the info in my interests over to that field, but when I saved, my profile didn't show it at all.

Please return the about me section and make it visible. It's the interest field that could stand to be removed, because, well...

untitled_by_angelicdragonpuppy-dbg8llv.p

It only gives you an extremely small window to work in and no options to format it. Trying to scroll through that teeny space to edit IOUs and dragon request info and such is very annoying. I'd much prefer the bigger, format-enabled "about me" window--if only it was visible to others. Which again, it wasn't last time I tried it.

2 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Unless you changed something, it was invisible when I tried it last. I wanted to move the info in my interests over to that field, but when I saved, my profile didn't show it at all.

Please return the about me section and make it visible. It's the interest field that could stand to be removed, because, well...

untitled_by_angelicdragonpuppy-dbg8llv.p

It only gives you an extremely small window to work in and no options to format it. Trying to scroll through that teeny space to edit IOUs and dragon request info and such is very annoying. I'd much prefer the bigger, format-enabled "about me" window--if only it was visible to others. Which again, it wasn't last time I tried it.

TJ was saying that there's nothing in the settings that shows the About Me section should be hidden. Since it was hidden even though the settings weren't set as such, he removed it, since we already have our private notes field back.

Huh... that's weird. Well if there's any way to fix it, I'd prefer it over the interest section, for the reasons mentioned above. It's not very convenient to work in right now. :(

9 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Huh... that's weird. Well if there's any way to fix it, I'd prefer it over the interest section, for the reasons mentioned above. It's not very convenient to work in right now. :(

Both are marked as "Show publicly on member's profile," so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Is there any place to check who the current moderating team is? i used to check it frequently to help me remember who was a Moderator for what section, though I can no longer find any place to check.

2 minutes ago, Quackerz said:

Is there any place to check who the current moderating team is? i used to check it frequently to help me remember who was a Moderator for what section, though I can no longer find any place to check.

There doesn't seem to be a nice, neat page like before, but click on Search in the upper right hand corner of the forum. Click the sidebar that pops up and select "Advanced Search". Then switch over to the Members tab. You can search through all the different mod groups (although honestly, Inactive Moderators could probably do with removing from there if possible). Deselect the groups you don't want to search through, then simply "Search". It'll pop up with a list of relevant mods for the section(s) you selected.

1 minute ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

There doesn't seem to be a nice, neat page like before, but click on Search in the upper right hand corner of the forum. Click the sidebar that pops up and select "Advanced Search". Then switch over to the Members tab. You can search through all the different mod groups (although honestly, Inactive Moderators could probably do with removing from there if possible). Deselect the groups you don't want to search through, then simply "Search". It'll pop up with a list of relevant mods for the section(s) you selected.

Ah, thank you very much Sock!

20 minutes ago, Quackerz said:

I'm not sure how you're meant to find it, but it exists at https://forums.dragcave.net/staff

4 hours ago, TJ09 said:

Both are marked as "Show publicly on member's profile," so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Do the skins actually reflect that? As in, is there anything in the templates or whatever it's called on this board that would have room for the About Me?

Just now, Ruby Eyes said:

Do the skins actually reflect that? As in, is there anything in the templates or whatever it's called on this board that would have room for the About Me?

They dynamically show all fields that are available; no specific skin level changes needed.

Oh neat, I need one of those for my ISPF panels ... :lol:

Like the "activity" button on your profile?

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Like the "activity" button on your profile?

Thanks! It looks weird on mobile so I hadn't noticed it.

Ah, so it exists on mobile :)

(I don't have a smartphone, my mobile phone is 15ish years old or so :lol:)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Signatures no longer show up if you are on mobile? This saddens me as I liked clicking random stuff in people's signatures when bored....I only play on mobile though?

Unless signatures are not there for everyone?

41 minutes ago, Vampyre said:

Signatures no longer show up if you are on mobile? This saddens me as I liked clicking random stuff in people's signatures when bored....I only play on mobile though?

Unless signatures are not there for everyone?

Signatures are there on desktop. If you have Chrome, you can check the "request desktop site" option under the dropdown menu (three vertical dots) while in a tab displaying the forum and you'll see everyone's signatures again. I'm not sure about Safari.