TJ09

2017-07-02 - Forum Updates

12 hours ago, Frodo said:

Thanks.  I had forgotten about Compatibility Mode, but don't see how to toggle it on this computer.  :ph34r:

I cleared cache and cookies, but that hasn't made any difference.  :(

And it's so weird, cos everything else works fine in IE, it's only Dragon Cave forums since they got changed, that doesn't work.  

Any other suggestions?  

Sorry, but can you confirm your IE is up-to-date?

Here is how to toggle compatibility mod: http://kb.mit.edu/confluence/display/istcontrib/How+to+change+your+setting+for+Compatibility+mode+for+Internet+Explorer

I hope it works because I'm not sure what else would be the cause, unless it's possibly any of your addons?

On 7/8/2017 at 3:36 PM, SockPuppet Strangler said:

So I'm confused if you're still having an issue or not???

No, only for the moment. Here's TJ's quote:

^^

If you follow the link in the quote I provided, you'll see we're quoting the same thing...

16 hours ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

Then can you please be more detailed on what your notification settings are set to, as well as what you are wanting them to do?

as i stated in my first post, i want the emails i used to get when people posted on threads i follow.  

i turned on the browser notifications.  

i checked all the threads i follow to make sure they were followed.  and they all were.  

i have selected in the notifications:  

send me news and information

a notification when new content is posted

and only send one email notification for content i follow until i revisit the community

Just now, spring_dragon said:

as i stated in my first post, i want the emails i used to get when people posted on threads i follow.  

i turned on the browser notifications.  

i checked all the threads i follow to make sure they were followed.  and they all were.  

i have selected in the notifications:  

send me news and information

a notification when new content is posted

and only send one email notification for content i follow until i revisit the community

What do you have toggled for "New content for things I follow" and "Someone comments on something I follow"? Do you have emails enabled for those? Those are on the notifications page under the options you mentioned choosing.

6 minutes ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

What do you have toggled for "New content for things I follow" and "Someone comments on something I follow"? Do you have emails enabled for those? Those are on the notifications page under the options you mentioned choosing.

just put those to email.  the page looked complete to me after the top part so didn't realize those options were even there.  

Edited by spring_dragon

Wow these updates has thrown me off. XD

Still getting used to how things work and are displayed in here now.

It'll take time, but this really took me for a loop here lol.

I need to learn to *not* scroll to the bottom for marking forums as read ...

I wish there were a better layout to view messages. A tiny box with half a dozen at the side of the page really doesn't cut it.

Sock, are you still limited somehow?

46 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Well, I tried to message Sock, but got the response that she can't receive messages.:( message sent to ii. We'll see what happens.

It took a few days to get used to it, but I really like this new and improved forum. I realize I'm in the minority here, but I find the new PM/messaging system easier to use... And I never liked it before, but the "unread" button is now a great tool for keeping track of threads and subforums I'm following. Don't get me started on the search... it actually works, even for user names!

The only thing I absolutely hate is the mobile version. :angry: Thankfully it's easy to switch to desktop, even if I have to do it each and every time (there's no way to set it up so it automatically loads the desktop version, is there?)

Tl;dr: thanks TJ! :D

7 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Sock, are you still limited somehow?

Nope, and I even have a recent message from purplehaze that I need to reply to (plus an older message from her I need to reply to)! o.o

I don't care that much - but can we not send emails to other members any more or am I a bit thick ?

Edited by fuzzbucket

1 hour ago, fuzzbucket said:

I don't care that much - but can we not send emails to other members any more or am I a bit thick ?

If we can, I have not found it.

I hit the anonymous sign-in box on login, but I still see my name in the "Who's online" list. Am I just seeing my name on my side or can others still see me?

1 minute ago, Imposibibble said:

I hit the anonymous sign-in box on login, but I still see my name in the "Who's online" list. Am I just seeing my name on my side or can others still see me?

You're seeing it from your side only. No one else can see that you're online

Just dropping in to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for adding the username change option! I've been avoiding sharing my dragons on other sites and posting in the forums for years because of my childhood username.

I see that there's a username history tab though, so one question:

Will usernames in the history stay forever? I realize the necessity of the feature, but I'd rather not have my irl identity freely accessible.

2 hours ago, Gruffin said:

I see that there's a username history tab

Visible only for yourself, so far.

On 7/4/2017 at 11:01 AM, Ruby Eyes said:

Top right corner should have an envelope symbol you can click on. The popup box has a link to your inbox at the bottom.

Thanks! I found it. Not sure abt what you mean by popup box, but then I try to disable popups. 

23 hours ago, ainisarie said:

If we can, I have not found it.

Sam here. I hate the new PM system, btw. Please get a full page version stat. Not everybody looks at the 'net on a phone. 

17 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Visible only for yourself, so far.

Alrighty, thanks for answering!

On 7/3/2017 at 6:34 AM, SockPuppet Strangler said:

- Is message tracking to see if a message has been read gone?

Are you trying to keep this updated? Because, all messages seem to be tracked now. When you click on a message, right below the name(s) of the person/people in the conversation, it will tell you if they have read the message or not. *edit* You do have to go to inbox to see it though. 

I just want to be able to view the coding and be able to edit it. Har Har. 

Edited by evangeline5432

5 minutes ago, evangeline5432 said:

Are you trying to keep this updated? Because, all messages seem to be tracked now. When you click on a message, right below the name(s) of the person/people in the conversation, it will tell you if they have read the message or not. *edit* You do have to go to inbox to see it though. 

I just want to be able to view the coding and be able to edit it. Har Har. 

No, users can reply now, and no one tends to check up on second posts even if they do check up on first posts. 

I second (third? fourth?) the person who would eventually like to see a pure plaintext editor - I tend to find myself fighting against everything and anything WYSIWYG. How it interprets the input seems very ... liberal.

The color scheme is also *extremely* hard on my eyes - I had to override all colors browser-side to be able to semi-comfortably read posts, even if I might have missed some elements due to it. Too bright otherwise...

Just now, DragonNeko said:

How do you delete one of yer older posts? It's really been bothering me >.<

Only mods can delete posts now. If you hide your post (under options), only you and mods can see it. ^^

2 minutes ago, DragonNeko said:

How do you delete one of yer older posts? It's really been bothering me >.<

Woops. :ph34r:

You can only hide your older posts, only mods may delete them. If you hide a post, no one but the mods will be able to see it.

Edited by andromedae

48 minutes ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

Only mods can delete posts now. If you hide your post (under options), only you and mods can see it. ^^

Why did that change?? So if I go and hide the two posts I wanted to delete, will the mods do it for me?