TJ09

2017-07-02 - Forum Updates

I just noticed something interesting as it confused me for a couple days: the Member List for the 'current activity', when displayed by member name, is listed from Z-A, left to right, top to bottom. o3o

I would love to see the Display Name history if i go to the profile of a user. And i want my Buddy list back! Sorry, please rescue our buddy list. We stored informations there too and thanks for saving our notes. I saved my notes, but not my buddy list. :(

Edited by Tigerkralle

Will the "See user's activity" method of viewing all posts/topics by one user be updated to include posts made before the update?

So  how do i edit my Profile Information? Where gender location and interests are?

I've looked and searched, but i cant find it. All im finding is how to change signature.

2 minutes ago, djengis said:

So  how do i edit my Profile Information? Where gender location and interests are?

I've looked and searched, but i cant find it. All im finding is how to change signature.

Go to your profile. In the top right of your profile, select "edit profile".

oh wow, no wonder i didnt find it as i did look there lol, its such a tiny space i cant even see what im editing there.

Thanks Sock! 

On 7/5/2017 at 5:39 PM, Marie19R said:

This is definitely going to take some getting used to... I'm very, very sad that the "winter" theme is no longer available, as that was the only one that didn't hurt my eyes. I note that I'm not the only one who's eyes hurt with this glaringly white background.

The PM system is *horrid*. Whhhhyyyyyyy such a small inbox??? It makes no sense! It's so tiny and hard to read! And whhhhyyyyy are messages I deleted years ago suddenly reappearing? That is *very* frustrating!

I feel you 1000% on the inbox thing. I know that this update was done mainly for security reasons, but crikey, it's still horrid. I almost wonder if we could swap to some totally new forum system instead, even if it means we'd have to backup everything before the move because it wouldn't transfer over. :( 

And I miss the old spring theme...

Either I'm an idiot who couldn't figure it out from the start or the forums are now letting you log in on multiple devices. So that's good :3

27 minutes ago, spring_dragon said:

no more email notifications on threads we frequently use?  

Tried following a thread? It's in the top right corner, click on Follow and select how you would like to be notified.

13 minutes ago, Mangrit said:

Either I'm an idiot who couldn't figure it out from the start or the forums are now letting you log in on multiple devices. So that's good :3

Did you change anything? Because I *still* have to log in every time I switch computers - last time was 6 hours ago.

I miss the button to click that will return you to the top of the page.

If you use a keyboard, "home" will do it.

Edited by fuzzbucket

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:
1 hour ago, Mangrit said:

Did you change anything? Because I *still* have to log in every time I switch computers - last time was 6 hours ago.

Oh dear! I didn't realise it was still an issue for some people...

I changed nothing? Just today I thought I'd try again and logged into my phone (only second try) and when I came back to my laptop it was still logged in, and now I'm logged in on both :x

I just requested the desktop version on my phone to see if it had anything specifically to do with the mobile version but it still works... hmm...

Is it just me or is the "jump to latest post" gone now? It was a handy function, but I can live without it.

IN the thread or in the list ? In the list, just click where it says three hours ago or whatever.

OH MY there is a weird button at the bottom called unread content. Try that out for size :blink:

4 hours ago, spring_dragon said:

no more email notifications on threads we frequently use?  

Have you toggled your notification settings yet? The bell by your inbox. ^^

29 minutes ago, Silverphoenix said:

Is it just me or is the "jump to latest post" gone now? It was a handy function, but I can live without it.

To add to what fuzzbucket said, if you're viewing the section, click the blue circle/star to the left of the thread (circle means you haven't posted in the thread; star means you have). ^^

Ah yes, I was looking for the jump function in the section view. I've found it now, thanks~

okay, life used to be better on the forum, this could take a while. 

Hi _Z_! :D

I did have a question here. Too bad I got interrupted before I got to the thread to post it, since I can't remember what it was...
But for those who are interested, I was scanning the thread earlier because someone had posted a way to disable the double spacing when you hit enter. I couldn't find it, but figured it out based on the vague memory of what they posted. It's hold <shift> while you hit enter. Just in case someone else may be looking for that info. :)

41 minutes ago, Fiona BlueFire said:

Hi _Z_! :D

I did have a question here. Too bad I got interrupted before I got to the thread to post it, since I can't remember what it was...
But for those who are interested, I was scanning the thread earlier because someone had posted a way to disable the double spacing when you hit enter. I couldn't find it, but figured it out based on the vague memory of what they posted. It's hold <shift> while you hit enter. Just in case someone else may be looking for that info. :)

THANK YOU!!!

My sig is beautiful again!! Thank youuuu!!! 

Going to throw this here for non-Suggestions-going forum users:

There isn't a good way to add a BBCode editor to the forums, as the formatting bar is what invision now provides.

As such, I closed the topic as answered, but if users would like to suggest other potential workarounds or solutions (without just giving in and going "eh, do it and see if it breaks the forum"), you may certainly do so.

On the other hand, it looks like the enforced 1.5x spacing has now been removed in favor of 1x spacing, which many of you asked for (and now I have to re-train myself to enter twice to get paragraphs, lol).

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler
For some reason, my post link was leading to the incorrect post in the correct thread.

Looks like we'd need a suggestion for a HTML post editor then.

Are we no longer able to delete our posts? Since I was looking at the options on one of my recent posts and could not see an option to do so.

I would still like to be able to see the code on occasion I do get  links screwed up and need to edit said URL.  
An example could be I forget to change a view to a lineage link and notice it and will want to fix it.  (Common thing to do in the bingo game.)
Also I noticed the older news topic's first post in this section seem to be missing there text/pictures.

One thing I noticed was that mobile copy/pasting seems to be easier in getting it to just select the text you want from a post.

39 minutes ago, Quackerz said:

Are we no longer able to delete our posts? Since I was looking at the options on one of my recent posts and could not see an option to do so.

Options => Hide

Regular users are no longer permitted to delete their stuff, they can only hide it. Mods can still delete.

Editing existing links: Hilite the link, then hold CTRL and right-click it, which gives you a little menu with options to remove or edit the link.