TJ09

2017-07-02 - Forum Updates

I've given it a couple days to poke around, and I have to say that while I prefer some aspects of the old forum, I don't think there's anything here I can't get used to.

Right now I'm having such trouble with the auto-skip-lines when I push enter (is there a name for it?).  I know pushing shift-enter will let me go down just one, and I got used to that with Facebook a while back, but it irks me in so many little situations, mostly moving the cursor around in the text box.  But it's not a dealbreaker.  And frankly I don't think I'm going to have a terrible time with the new msging system.  I mean, I could prove myself wrong, but so far it's working for me?

We'll see.
(edited to test coding)

Edited by sylviamaris

That skip-line is the difference between a simple line break and a new paragraph (which usually has some extra margin to top and bottom).

15 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Use [shift]+[enter] instead of just [enter]
to get the regular linebreak and not a

new paragraph.

Yeah, I know you can do that, but I never remember do it until after, so I have to backspace and redo it after every line break. It's pretty annoying for listing what I want in trade posts. There are other aspects about forced editors that I hate, too. I prefer to just be able to use BBCode straight out.

Edited by Ribombee

3 minutes ago, Ribombee said:

I prefer to just be able to use BBCode straight out.

Me, too. We can only hope for it to be added ...

29 minutes ago, Ribombee said:

I prefer to just be able to use BBCode straight out.

25 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Me, too. We can only hope for it to be added ...

I third this. I would love to have a BBCode editor too.

Agreed; I really dislike WYSIWYG as a rule, because it makes it harder for me to set things up the way I intend it to be set up.

I'm gone for a bit and the whole forum changes. :v

Also hoping that we can have a code editor as well. My signature got a bit butchered by the transition, and I'm having to almost re-make it instead of just adding a few extra line breaks. It's not something that I can't get used to, but I do prefer working with code. I haven't had much time to look around yet, but everything else has been pretty easy to figure out.

Edited by 11th
Error.

Please PLEASE let us know when we can start using code instead of WYSIWYG. Being able to toggle between the two would do...

I don't really see a huge difference or improvement. I didn't mind the old layout and I don't mind this one either.

My only problem really is that we don't have PM notifications at the top of the screen anymore. In fact I can't even find my PMs so far.

Just now, bob_jones said:

My only problem really is that we don't have PM notifications at the top of the screen anymore. In fact I can't even find my PMs so far.

Still the top right of the forum. It's an image now instead of words - a little envelope, right by your notifications (where you can also toggle notification settings). When you get a PM, though, there should automatically be a little number notification over your inbox/messenger. :3

2 minutes ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

Still the top right of the forum. It's an image now instead of words - a little envelope, right by your notifications (where you can also toggle notification settings). When you get a PM, though, there should automatically be a little number notification over your inbox/messenger. :3

Thanks, I see it now. I also see that we're going to get a little notification whenever someone replies to our posts from now on. That's a nice addition!

Any update on the forums section because un-able to replay in it at the current time.

Edited by draco8967

2 minutes ago, draco8967 said:

Any update on the forums section because un-able to replay in it at the current time.

Update on what forums sections? Can you please expand on what your problem is? D:

I'm unable to get any reply button in the RP forums the approval section sorry for not being fully clear about that, my bad. =P

1 minute ago, draco8967 said:

I'm unable to get any reply button in the RP forums the approval section sorry for not being fully clear about that, my bad. =P

Thanks! Some permissions got confused during the upgrade (News and apparently DR were disabled from replies), so let me poke TJ and make sure that didn't also happen to the any sections in the RP section!

Thx socks for that, love the update though the forums need one badly

6 minutes ago, draco8967 said:

Fixed this a few minutes ago anyways. Try now.

2 hours ago, bob_jones said:

Thanks, I see it now. I also see that we're going to get a little notification whenever someone replies to our posts from now on. That's a nice addition!

Yes! I love that feature! It makes it much easier than remembering to scroll back through everywhere I posted.

Sad to see the old site go, it will be missed so very much. Also, will the inbox ever become bigger or is that still being worked out? Since it doesn't look very good all smashed up like I were viewing it on a mobile.

This new layout with all the new features will take soem time to get used to. But it is an imrpovement in some ways.

I in specially like the possibility to invite more people to a chat. I also like that I still have over 200 old conversations from the year 2015. Wow. ;) I deleted all those. 

I do not like the fact that I am appearing as blind as a bat and unable to find importand stuff. 
Does anyone know where to find ones adress-book with all the contatcs so far???? I kinda appear lost without it.  Have some peopel that I owe stuff and am unable to contact them so far (some give no response and some I am unable to fond since I do not know there names. To much bother to check all the PMs so far. I am curious. Is that feature lost?  

13 minutes ago, Mirume said:

Does anyone know where to find ones adress-book with all the contatcs so far????

The old buddy list seems lost, sadly.

1 minute ago, Ruby Eyes said:

The old buddy list seems lost, sadly.

I understand, one can "follow" people now but one still has to look for the once again. I have several names of some that I did not contatc on a while and and now the have new names. had to write few messges asking who they are!? ;) Thank you for the answer. I thought that I am the only one not able to find the list.

I'm very glad our "notes" are back!

But quick question: Is there any way to access them besides through the "edit profile" button?

39 minutes ago, Toyo said:

I'm very glad our "notes" are back!

But quick question: Is there any way to access them besides through the "edit profile" button?

No, not that I know of.