TJ09

2017-07-02 - Forum Updates

2 minutes ago, Aleoleo said:

That's so weird... Do you leave the "link text" field blank?

Oh now I think I know why it doesn't show up: it might not show up if you're using the button that inserts a link? I just copy the link I need and paste it on the post wherever it needs to be and then it'll show up as an image. :3 I hope this explanation makes even a little sense.

2 minutes ago, Wiz said:

On the edit profile page at the bottom. :)

Ah, thanks!! And to edit your sig, in your profile page at the top, click on the arrow next to your user name > account settings > signature. :)

@Cottoncat yup, now I get it! Thanks ^^

Edited by Aleoleo

2 minutes ago, Aleoleo said:

Ah, thanks!! And to edit your sig, in your profile page at the top, click on the arrow next to your user name > account settings > signature. :)

@Cottoncat yup, now I get it! Thanks ^^

Got it! Thanks. 

On big big + for this forum update. You can see by players: "Last visited" :)

15 hours ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

It won't let you see it? Click on the envelope in the upper right hand corner of the forum. Then click the message or click "Go to Inbox" at the bottom of the pop-up and click the message from there. If that's what you tried and it's not working, could we get more detail on what you mean? It's possible slow loading just caused the message to not pop up?

Maybe the loading thing was the problem. The site was so slow to load anything for me yesterday, so maybe it jumped over the message; as its appearing now :3 Thank you :3

Thank you to TJ for upgrading the forums! There's still plenty of new quirks and things to get used to, clearly, but it's responding nicely for me now and it looks much sleeker. 

Edited by shopfront

It looks great. :) Will take me awhile to get used to the changes, but that's normal. Thanks TJ for all your hard work!

Since the forum seems to be all up and running now, I'm going to do a bunch more poking around. :)

It does seem that I can't delete PMs at the moment. Not sure I like the new PM layout, it's very similar to browsing my icloud mail.

(I got very caught off-guard by your avatar, braviary - it made me think I'd already posted! :P)

edit - also can't seem to change my signature. huh.

Edited by Zeditha

Aye, now I can finally have the same name as in my cave :D Thank you so much for updating the forums, TJ, it looks so new and fancy now!

Top right corner should have an envelope symbol you can click on. The popup box has a link to your inbox at the bottom.

Liking the Invision Blue theme, just wishing the avatars were more like the original. I liked it square and 100x100.

Really hoping we'll get a nightmode theme at some point, since all the white is a little harsh on the eyes when viewing at night. But oh well, we didn't have one before so it's no big deal regardless.

I am trying to get used to the PM system, but I really really dislike it.  If it was a full page, like the older one, it would be more manageable.  As it is, you have to keep scrolling and scrolling down that tiny little column to find what you want.  And deleting the old, previously deleted things is a true PITA.

I kinda like the forum update. Still lots of things to get used to.

For once, the usage of the new message system is a bit... well scroll intensive. Like aini already stated above. ^^" Especially when you have parked a few pms.

Second, as much as I enjoy the new easy-to-manipulate text modifications, I would really appreciate if we could switch forth and back to the code. When I want to type normal text after adding a hyperlink, it doesn't stop hyperlinking all that follows to. Except I think beforehand and adding the links last. Which does not happen too often (thinking before typing I mean ;P).

Apart from that, I think I will get used to it rather soon. Thanks for having thrown the old Forum into a Spa xD

Edited by Belisar

After looking around some, I really do like the new forums! I never really bothered with the forums before, as they were kind of cumbersome, and the lack of pinging was a huge drawback, before. I might actually post on more than just the announcement/news threads now. Thank you for upgrading it.

45 minutes ago, Dew said:

Really hoping we'll get a nightmode theme at some point, since all the white is a little harsh on the eyes when viewing at night. But oh well, we didn't have one before so it's no big deal regardless.

A nightmode theme would be great! ^^ I like the dark background image of the caves, but the white forum table is so blinding.

Edited by Natakiro

Yep, I guessed right.

Could update siggy today. The server will not cache a siggy's images unless you make a post first, then can update (but still give it a bit to cache). :)

So yay. :)

At this point I kind of feel like I'm in a foreign country! I suspect I will get used to the forum upgrade, but I don't deal well with change, so at the moment I am just feeling my way, trying to figure out where everything is and how to do things I used to do with ease.

The new message system is entirely another matter. It is so clunky and awkward and takes longer to use, no matter what you want to do, than the old one. Is there any way to tell how many messages you have and what your limit is? I really liked the old system where you were constantly told what percent you were at. I don't see that here, unless I am totally missing it, which is also possible.

And are our notes from our notepad in our old profiles gone forever? If so, I wish I had known beforehand that they were disappearing because I had some important notes in there!

Edited by purplehaze

3 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

And are our notes from our notepad in our old profiles gone forever? If so, I wish I had know beforehand that they were disappearing because I had some important notes in there!

It's in your Edit Profile section, near the bottom.

Account Settings => Edit Profile

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Just now, Ruby Eyes said:

It's in your Edit Profile section, near the bottom.

I hadn't thought to look there. Thank you! As I said, I feel like I'm in a foreign land!

Yeah, feels quite different, doesn't it?

I'm missing the option to see the code of my posts, mostly ... I hope that's something that can be added to this board.

So, does the remember me option only work on one device, or will I eventually be able to sign in on multiple devices? I like to use mobile when I'm out n about, like at work, and having to sign in every time I change device is... getting tedious. :,) If it won't work like that anymore, that's fine, but the feature will be sorely missed.

This is definitely going to take some getting used to. 

I do like the overall look of things, though. 

So far I'm really liking the change.  The style looks so modern and the forum feels so much more responsive.  Welcome to the modern age DC forums!

The update is nice. Big thank you to TJ for working so diligently on the forums. I kind of will miss the feel of the old forums, they were so nostalgic!

9 hours ago, Aleoleo said:

I still haven't figured out how to insert images though... except by typing good old tags again.

It sounds like you got this worked out, but I always wanted to mention you can now simply choose "copy image" (rather than image url) and paste it here. It'll auto format to the image itself. ^^