TJ09

2017-07-02 - Forum Updates

On 7/13/2017 at 0:36 AM, TJ09 said:

No, probably not.

Deleting breaks conversations and makes moderating difficult. If someone gets warned for being rude, then deletes their post and goes to dispute the warn (which has happened a number of times), then the evidence is now gone. Hiding, from your perspective, is identical, except it leaves behind just enough breadcrumbs for the mods to do their job. Hidden posts can only be seen by mods (I don't believe you even see your own hidden posts), so the experience from your side is unchanged.

This has been happening with threads for years (i.e. threads aren't deleted, just hidden), but now the software allows doing the same for posts.

That will work out well for everyone, especially when there is an unfounded accusation, with no basis in fact, leveled at an innocent forum member. When the post can't be found, because it never existed, at least you and the rest of the moderation team will know who the liar is and deal with it accordingly.

On 14/7/2017 at 0:17 AM, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Unless you changed something, it was invisible when I tried it last. I wanted to move the info in my interests over to that field, but when I saved, my profile didn't show it at all.

Please return the about me section and make it visible. It's the interest field that could stand to be removed, because, well...

untitled_by_angelicdragonpuppy-dbg8llv.p

It only gives you an extremely small window to work in and no options to format it. Trying to scroll through that teeny space to edit IOUs and dragon request info and such is very annoying. I'd much prefer the bigger, format-enabled "about me" window--if only it was visible to others. Which again, it wasn't last time I tried it.

You can make it larger!  That helps :) go to it's lower right corner, and pick it from there, then move it downwards, and drop it when you are satisfied with the space you'll need to work. 

I have a crazy long list in there, so yeah, that little rectangle was killing me too, but it can be enlarged :D 

This enlargement can even be done in the mobile version of the forums. 

Uhm, though it'd be cool if the siggies were visible on mobile, since a lot of people put their wish lists or trading information / interests there. 

You can access someone's signature also directly on their profile if they point you to their "wishlist in sig", which is what I'm doing because I always browse forums with sigs turned off.

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

You can access someone's signature also directly on their profile if they point you to their "wishlist in sig", which is what I'm doing because I always browse forums with sigs turned off.

i noticed, but i'm so lazy XD well that does work, and it's not like i'm always on mobile either so it's not that big of an issue.

12 hours ago, okura said:

You can make it larger!  That helps :) go to it's lower right corner, and pick it from there, then move it downwards, and drop it when you are satisfied with the space you'll need to work. 

I have a crazy long list in there, so yeah, that little rectangle was killing me too, but it can be enlarged :D 

I've tried to do that but I cant make it bigger

22 hours ago, okura said:

Uhm, though it'd be cool if the siggies were visible on mobile, since a lot of people put their wish lists or trading information / interests there. 

That worked like a dream! Thank you so so much :D

11 hours ago, InugamiZERO said:

I've tried to do that but I cant make it bigger

Are you on your mobile or a PC?maybe it doesn't work well on all mobile browsers, but it should work on all of the 'desktop' browsers.

Anyway, if you go to 'edit profile' and go look at this box, in it's lower right corner there is a very very really very faint pattern, it looks like two or three diagonal lines that occupy the very corner. 

That's the thing you have to click/tap without letting go, then drag it down until you are satisfied with how much space you have, and then you let go. Like when you are enlarging the drawing space in Paint XD 

You'll have to do this again every time you wish to edit your profile, but it's not that troublesome. It was actually available too in the old forums, it's just we never paid too much attention to it because the space was larger. 

2 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

That worked like a dream! Thank you so so much :D

It was a pleasure!  ヽ(´▽`)/

Still learning all the "new" features and changes - but got to admit...I like the new forum look and can't wait until everything is running smoothly!

5 hours ago, okura said:

Are you on your mobile or a PC?maybe it doesn't work well on all mobile browsers, but it should work on all of the 'desktop' browsers.

Anyway, if you go to 'edit profile' and go look at this box, in it's lower right corner there is a very very really very faint pattern, it looks like two or three diagonal lines that occupy the very corner. 

That's the thing you have to click/tap without letting go, then drag it down until you are satisfied with how much space you have, and then you let go. Like when you are enlarging the drawing space in Paint XD 

You'll have to do this again every time you wish to edit your profile, but it's not that troublesome. It was actually available too in the old forums, it's just we never paid too much attention to it because the space was larger. 

PC and IE, nothing there

3 minutes ago, InugamiZERO said:

PC and IE, nothing there

Can confirm, a lot of stuff is not working in IE which is my default browser.  (also doesn't show the private notepad).  It does show in Firefox though.  ;/

9 minutes ago, InugamiZERO said:

PC and IE, nothing there

5 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

Can confirm, a lot of stuff is not working in IE which is my default browser.  (also doesn't show the private notepad).  It does show in Firefox though.  ;/

opened IE in like more than a year to check it, and yeah, i couldn't do it either :( although i haven't updated IE in forever, to be fair.

It's been two weeks since the upgrade (time flies), so I'm going to close this now. If you want to continue the discussion, consider posting in the following forums:

Suggestions/Requests - For specific changes you'd like to see happen to the new software.
Help - For any specific issues you're having, or things you can't figure out.
Site Discussion - For any lingering discussion topics that don't fit into the above categories.