MoonTiger

Scroll Completion

I'm considering doing scroll completion and was curious to know what rules people use to consider their scroll completed smile.gif

It's all a matter of personal preference! I collect dragons (and I have a set of chickens), but I'm not into the dinos, so I don't count them or keep them.

I have number goals for all breeds of dragon that I currently own, but they're extremely flexible in the upwards direction - if I fail to influence my dragons so that I will have an even set when I hit goal, I just add ten to my goal to give myself space to correct.

Since there are only three things left on my completionist wishlist, the quantity goals are what I focus on when I'm trying to collect productively.

When I'm not being productive, I sometimes overshoot my goals, and then I just up the goal by whatever multiple of ten I would need to even things out again.

Since the numbers are so flexible, there isn't really a hard pattern to it in practice, but for normal dragons I try to have at least ten for every year since the breed was introduced. For holiday releases I am aiming for two for every year since the breed was introduced. I used to count the years from when I first got them, so this year I'll have to try to get a bunch of Hollies to catch up, lol.

Gotcha. I'm trying to decide if I want a male/female grown, male/female frozen hatches and an engendered hatchi and whether I want CB or if it doesn't matter.

I figured if the lineage didn't matter then I could grab from the AP which would be easier than cave hunting. But on the flip side I wasn't sure if only CB would count.

Scroll completion is literally whatever you want to do. If you want to have your scroll complete by getting 19203849204329483920 CBs each of every blue breed, then go for it! (Although I don't think you would ever complete it) If you want to have one of every dragon, then that works as well. If you care whether they're CB is your choice. Do whatever you want. I, personally, will never have a 'complete' scroll, I don't think. My goal is just to collect stuff and get lots of my favorites. I don't care about lineages except for mints. If you want to get some-or all-dragons from the AP, go ahead! If you want to get all CB dragons, you can do that too! A complete scroll is just what you want it to be. This game is meant to be fun, after all. You don't have to do what other people do.

I do a CB male/female pair of every breed, including color variants as separate species and such. Then I do a pair of male/female hatchlings and a stage one hatchling, all bred from the CB pair of that breed.

Undeads and Neglecteds follow the same rules, except they all are CB and ungendered is added to the list.

Hybrids follow these rules but a generation higher; adults as 2nd gens and hatchlings as 3rd gens.

Dinos, Cheeses, Papers, and Chickens come in sets of three- one adult, one S2 hatchling, one S1 hatchling, all CB.

Despite having only one gender, Christmas and Valentine species are done where I have two CB adults, a bred S2 hatchling, and a bred S1 hatchling.

GoNs have the limit, so that's a CB male/female pair and one CB gendered hatchling.

Then Sinomorphs only come as adults so that's just a CB male/female pair.

In theory, this means prize dragons would function the same as hybrids. But a 2nd gen prize dragon for each color and each gender would be twelve 2nd gen prizes. That's something I can't afford haha. Perhaps someday! For now I honestly just kinda ignore them, they're really annoying to me because of how I like my scroll rules.

Lastly, I'll throw in nice lineaged stuff, too. Just for fun. I used to have BSA dragon goals but I finished those a long time ago.

Maybe that helps with your decision. tongue.gif Like others have said scroll completion is entirely up to you when it comes to how you want to do things.

Edited by Ultra

As others have mentioned before, you set goals for your scroll that are tailored to your preferences. In my particular case, I strive to obtain 10 CBs of each breed, 5 male variants, 5 female. For breeds with color variants, 5 of each color and gender. For unbreedables, only 5. Plus, I want to freeze hatchlings. One for every stage and if they have dimorphism, each gender. The frozen hatchlings should be CB or low gen if possible. For Neglecteds, only one of each variant plus frozen hatchlings. Lastly, zombies would be one of each.

Edited by andromedae

I strive for at least 4 male and 4 female CB of every breedable dragon, including color variants as a separate set. That allows for breeding up to a fourth gen checker of any breed I want. Then if I want to go further or if I particularly like a dragon or for whatever other reason, I will collect more. I collect bred dragons from the AP only if they are a combination I like and might continue the lineage, or if they have a Z code, since I collect those. wink.gif

So, yeah, completion can be pretty much whatever you want it to be.

I don't have any goals, because that would mean being finished with this game at some point. I just like breeding pretty and/or interesting lineages, so if I need more of a breed to actually make a lineage happen, then I go collect them, if possible, or trade for suitable bred things.

For me "scroll completion" doesn't mean to stop playing - but that's just what I think. I'd be focusing more on breeding once I achieve my initial scroll goals. As of right now, I don't breed anything at all besides hybrids. For breeding I wouldn't set any defined goals whatsoever. My play style is rather strict in this sense, and because of that I don't really recommend it much, since there's a lot of fun stuff to do in DC besides catching CBs. But I'm obsessive - and I wouldn't feel comfortable with starting lineage projects and also knowing that I have tons of unfinished goals floating around.

Scroll completion for me means having a female and a male CB adult, a female and a male CB, and CB ungendered hatchie of each breed.

For hydrids, its the same except having 2nd gens instead of CBs (parents must be nicely named).

But those are only my goals c: Everyone has their own definition.

For me, male and female of each breed. In the downtime between releases I expand my Water Army.

35 of each breed is my general goal. Ten CBs (5 males, 5 females) where applicable and other 'categories'. So far the only breed collections I've completed are Embers, Blacks, Royal Blues, Golden Wyverns, Graves, Undines and Hellfires. And sometimes I add onto my Ember army.

For me, ten of each adult sprite, and ten of each S2 frozen hatchling. I don't collect S1s. And although I have some, I don't include dinos.

I am currently working on my zombie collection.

I just recently (last year) decided on what "scroll completion" means to me. It means 20 of each breed/variant, CB/lineaged doesn't matter. I now have a spreadsheet to help me keep track of what I have; I have very few "completed" breeds. I estimated that between rares and holidays, it will take me 2-3 years to complete my goals. Of course, new dragons are being added all the time, which means more to collect, so....

I dunno about 'scroll completion', but I have scroll goals of 8 male, 8 female CBs from each new release. That's enough to make a 5th gen even-gen/checker with. More is optional (in multiples of 4), and I can have any number of bred dragons as I make projects from the foundation stock, but I make myself hatch 16 CBs of each release. I'm still filling in gaps in older breeds as I find them.

I have number goals for all breeds of dragon that I currently own, but they're extremely flexible in the upwards direction - if I fail to influence my dragons so that I will have an even set when I hit goal, I just add ten to my goal to give myself space to correct.

This is exactly what I did for years until keeping stuff even drove me completely batty laugh.gif

With the introductions of groups, I reevaluated how I've been collecting. I consider a breed complete when I have ten CBs for a solid breeding stock. I realized how terrible I've been at collecting CBs. After all these years I still don't have a CB female tan ridgewing. blink.gif

After that, I hoard breeds and lineages I love without worrying about keeping things even. It's wonderfully freeing lol. So while I don't think my scroll will ever be "complete," I'm checking off breeds, and I've collected everything that there is to have.

For me scroll completion is 5 CB/2nd gen PB pairs + all Stages/Gender of hatchies. 
Also at least 2nd gen - 5th gen offspring from all the specials not everyone can own. (Alt sweetlings, Snow Angels, Upside Down/Cave Location Mint, Cave Location Balloon, Spriter's Alts, Thuweds, Dorkface, Holly and Prizes)

Many of these goals are not achievable by the game itself though :/

Edited by FoxintheBox

I'm currently trying to get 10 CBs of most dragons, though I'm only collecting 4 of every rare. Hybrids, I'm trying to get 10 2nd gens. I'm also trying to freeze one of every stage of hatchling, so S1 and then both genders of S2 if the dragon in question has two genders.I'm doing the same for alts, though again those are going to be all 2nd gen so that's going to take me a while... anyway. I also intend to get a female/male/ungendered Neglected, and one of each of those to freeze as well, and then all the zombie sprites...

I have a long way to go before I'm done, hah.

I'm pretty simple about it, apparently! I don't really like hoarding dragons I'm not really into; there's very few breeds I really want a ton of. For me I just need a male/female CB pair when applicable (2nd gen for hybrids, Prizes, etc), an ungendered hatchling, and 1 or 2 gendered hatchlings (depending on if they have different sprites) for every breed, including all colors/alts. Hatchlings can have any lineage but if they're a CB Holiday dragon I don't count them, which means I need a lot more Holiday hatchlings than I thought >.>

My rules are pretty basic :/

- A male and female of each breed (or variation of that breed)

- No doubles of the same unless they have the same sprite for both gender.

- Collect all breeds.

- All failed attempts turn into fodder for other things or trade material.

- Hatchlings are always at the bottom of the list and dragons basically go in the order of which they were obtained.

- Name all dragons I plan on keeping.

My scroll goals are pretty standard. :3 

- 4 CB male and female pairs

- 2 hybrids (male and female pair per breed)

- 2 alts (male and female pair per breed)

- 3 neglecteds (been waiting on an ungendered IOU for 4 years... not sure when I'll ever fulfill this goal :c)

- No requirements for chicken, papers or zombies

- Don't collect dinos or hatchlings

- All dragons named (this is maintained constantly, yay)

My hybrid and alt goals tend to be absolute minimums because I really like them as a whole and collect way more than I'd ever need. =P

Edited by Varekis
Forgot a goal or two :d

For me it's having 8 dragons of each breed (4 males, 4 females)

And I need a neglected. That's the only breed I'm missing and it kills me.

3 male, 3 female cb adults of every cavecaught dragon. No idea why, I set it up like that a long time ago. I'm too lazy for breed-onlys, so just 1 male and 1 female 2nd-gen of hybrids and alts (and prize dragons eventually, perhaps). Still don't have a 2nd-gen alt black because I'm too lazy to look, and only just got my first vine 2nd-gen alt a few days ago :P

Unbreedables, neglecteds and zombies don't count, and I don't bother with a quota on frozen hatchlings.

For me it's:

- Two CB male and female pairs

- Two 2nd gen hybrid pairs (PB where possible)

- Two 2nd gen Alt pairs (again PB where possible)

- One of unbreedable sprite

- One of each frozen hatchie sprite

For dragons who's CB sprite is no longer obtainable (ie Holiday's that occurred before I joined) plus Prize's: 

- One 2nd gen pair

That last bit's where I ran into trouble. It's also a large part of why I all but quit playing. Had all three of my 2nd gen Prize IOUs flake on me (been several years now). Realized there was no way I was ever gonna complete my goal. With the new monthly raffles, I might actually have a chance one day. 

I am so conflicted with hybrid scroll goals and breeds that have hybrid breeding mechanics (like stripes, for example).

I don't know if I should go with different pairings for each dragon (I collect 10, 5 male, 5 female in total) or pick one pairing. I don't mean this as in inbreeding, but for example, the Carinae, you could go with Purple Neb x Purple Ridge or Blue Neb x Tan Ridge. I don't really know. I like my dragons looking nice and organized, but instead I'm thinking of gathering 5 dragons of each possible pairing for the Carinae?